A Plea to the Mods

This is a SWFC fans site and enjoyed by many. There are Moderators, who I assume are given guidelines on what is acceptable and have the necessary authority and access to delete posts immediately.

There are posts of a very personal nature which I believe have no place on this site. I find them embarrassing and lacking in good taste. Judging by comments from other members, they agree with this statement.

Please return this site to the purpose it is here for, a place where fans can praise, curse, argue and discuss all things concerning the Owls.

Are posts supposed to be hidden as soon as you press the report button? Dunno if it's working properly. Not that I have a habit of using it but Corbridge was posting pictures of willys the other day (I'm a massive homophobe you see).

This is a SWFC fans site and enjoyed by many. There are Moderators, who I assume are given guidelines on what is acceptable and have the necessary authority and access to delete posts immediately.

There are posts of a very personal nature which I believe have no place on this site. I find them embarrassing and lacking in good taste. Judging by comments from other members, they agree with this statement.

Please return this site to the purpose it is here for, a place where fans can praise, curse, argue and discuss all things concerning the Owls.

There are guidelines yes, and also the feel of Owlstalk to consider. As mentioned, you can report any post and it will be reviewed and if necessary removed.

You have to remember mods are not here 24/7 and do so voluntarily. I am quite new to the team and trust me, there is plenty of action behind the scenes to keep abreast of situations and users stepping over the mark.

But also remember, Owlstalk is unique in that it is a free for all as far as it is possible to be. Sometimes you have to roll with the punches and let the water roll down the ducks back.

But use the report post when you have a problem and it will be addressed, better to do that then post a new topic and get a round of 'Wrong Forum' etc :biggrin:

Are posts supposed to be hidden as soon as you press the report button? Dunno if it's working properly. Not that I have a habit of using it but Corbridge was posting pictures of willys the other day (I'm a massive homophobe you see).

No they are not.

If you see enough maybe you will get over your fear :dry: