Starting 11 Vs Dagenham

Guest chaferswfc90

Yeah you're right actually.

Let's play the man who shuffled around midfield last season, avoiding making tackles and playing it sideways.

Let's play ANY of the players who underperformed last season, oh wait all of them were pap

Give them a chance, new season, new division, new start.

Edited by Owls2k

Let's play ANY of the players who underperformed last season, oh wait all of them were pap

My issue with Potter is that based on form and performance in the pre-season games (only missed Sflaphorpe and Hallam) he is been our 5 best midfielder, behind Coke, JOC, Miller and Palmer. If he starts it will be criminal as he's offered NOTHING in any preseason game I have seen, including Stocksbridge where he was the only player to come out with no credit.

Ive not been to any pre season friendlies or todays open day, so this is just from the signings we've made and last seasons performances

Weaver (if we've got him)

Buxton Purse Beevers Spurr

Johnson O'Connor Sedgewick Jones

Morrison Mellor

Subs:

O'Donnell

Ostemoor

Hinds

Coke

Potter

Tudgay

Heffernan

My issue with Potter is that based on form and performance in the pre-season games (only missed Sflaphorpe and Hallam) he is been our 5 best midfielder, behind Coke, JOC, Miller and Palmer. If he starts it will be criminal as he's offered NOTHING in any preseason game I have seen, including Stocksbridge where he was the only player to come out with no credit.

Sounds like you'd already decided before you turned up.

Contributes nothing? Keeps the ball and picks a pass.

Hes no Gazza but saying he has no positive attributes or doesn't come out with any credit is pretty rediculous.

Also his set pieces have been excellent, first time in a while we have quality corners coming into the box.

Based on what i've seen from the pre season games my starting 11 would be

Keeper (Weaver If Signed)

Otsemobor RB

Beevers CB

Purse CB

Jones LB

Sedgwick RM

Coke CM

Miller CM

Johnson LM

Mellor ST

Morrison ST

Subs: O'donnell, Buxton, Heffernan, Tudgay, Potter, Teale, Spurr

Edited by MichaelSwfc1867

Guest Sheff Owl

Irvine said tonight that what he currently thinks is his first choice 11 has yet to play together.

Yep which is very interesting, aslo talked about it's not easy picking a team you have to look at everything, it's easy for the fans to choose but he has to look at each player and what they can and can't do etc.

-------------------- O'Donnell --------------------

-- Otsemobor ----- Purse ----- Beevers ----- Jones

---------------- O'Connor --------- Coke ----------

Tudgay -------------------------------------- Johnson

---------------- Mellor -------- Heffenan ----------

Subs: Weaver, Spurr, Buxton, Miller, Teale, Palmer, Morrison

Even if we do sign Weaver or another keeper, I think O'Donnell should be given his chance. If he struggles to perform, then we will have backup to replace him if need be but there is no point having an academy if we're are not going to use the players that come through and first game of the season, everyone will be given a clean slate so it's an ideal time for him to make the step up.

Spurr and Buxton should have to fight to get his places back IMO.

I think O'Connor and Coke's battling qualities will be useful in the middle of the park. Plus, there have been questions over Miller's fitness. I'd be happy for Palmer to get a run-out during the match too.

Edited by ak15

Well said.

Although I want to see them fight for their shirt, I think we need to get behind them.

As for Potter, hes comfortable on the ball and made a difference in a confident side when he first joined. He also seemed to play better against the pooerer sides in the CCC last season, Peterborough at home springs to mind.

Hes just a scapegoat now like Tudgay, although he deserves some criticism it gets exaggerated.

Id like to see him playing in a confident side wanting the ball.

Don't think that will be the case - Donnie was a test for Coke, played the full 90 (only CM to do so this pre-season) and always looked up with the pace, even though he must have covered a lot of ground. He'll start.

Hope so, along with Jones, and Morrison off the bench.

I'll be dissapointed otherwise lol

I'm guessing JJ ain't gunna be fit. So...

Whoever we sign...

Ostemebor

Purse

Beevers

Jones

Tudgay

Miller

JoC

Teale

Mellor

Heffernan

Morrison as 1st choice sub for any forward.

Coke or Palmer for the midfield.

Spurr or Buxton for the back 4.

AI says fans don't think out their XI's.

I'd like to think I have...

Sounds like you'd already decided before you turned up.

Contributes nothing? Keeps the ball and picks a pass.

Hes no Gazza but saying he has no positive attributes or doesn't come out with any credit is pretty rediculous.

Also his set pieces have been excellent, first time in a while we have quality corners coming into the box.

Having watched all but 1 pre-season game - I am saying he has offered nothing.

Palmer keeps the ball and picks a pass. He also has way more composure, and a higher % of his passes are forward, and seems to be comfortable carrying the ball forward.

Coke keeps the ball and picks a pass. Also by the looks of it works about twice as hard as Potter, and actually gets stuck in and can tackle.

Miller keeps the ball and picks a pass. He is also much better at moving forward with the ball than Potter.

The above is why Potter shouldn't start - at least three of the other CM's can do what Potter can as well as having other attributes. Palmer and Coke are also more mobile than him.