Who/What is a professional football club FOR?

Is it a viable commercial enterprise?

A valuable and historic local amenity held in trust for the fans and people of the local area?

A sort of rotary club where local businessmen, politicians and other 'worthies' can eat roast dinners, slap each other on the back and feel like proper working class boys done good?

To my mind this is a question that most clubs have settled one way or another over the last 10-20 years, as football has developed and all the money has come in. I wonder what the opinion of the various people currently involved in the running of SWFC is?

Is it a viable commercial enterprise?

A valuable and historic local amenity held in trust for the fans and people of the local area?

A sort of rotary club where local businessmen, politicians and other 'worthies' can eat roast dinners, slap each other on the back and feel like proper working class boys done good?

To my mind this is a question that most clubs have settled one way or another over the last 10-20 years, as football has developed and all the money has come in. I wonder what the opinion of the various people currently involved in the running of SWFC is?

Your three options for what it is are by no means the worst.

It can be a vehicle to launder money, a series of land assets to strip, or a personal plaything.....or a chance to gamble with other peoples money etc.

Your three options for what it is are by no means the worst.

It can be a vehicle to launder money, a series of land assets to strip, or a personal plaything.....or a chance to gamble with other peoples money etc.

Sadly true....

I can really only manage to be pissed off about so many things at once though.