Sheffield Wednesday

Guest Sheff Owl

OS

My interpretation of this is thus:

The club have no other option now than to enter into dialogue with C9S and the bank to secure inward investment, and to develop the communications for an official announcement that not only gives C9S some credibility, but is also structured in such a way that it saves the Board embarassment.

As always, only guessing of course.

Or we could just start selling players at less than their market value - if anyone wants them, and there haven't been many enquiries over the summer apart from Grant whose price has dropped by a six figure sum overnight.

So has this winding up order been served 'prematurely' in comparison to past clubs? Can't phrase it but what I'm asking is, served on june 28th-court date aug 11th. Is this normal timescale? They seemed to think it was a bit harsh on RS this morning.

The expert on Radio Sheffield this morning suggested he very much doubted the outstanding amount only related to the June amount?

So, no mention of us being in a position to pay then.................................

That's what concerns me.

Surely they could have said something along the lines of 'The club can assure fans that the outstanding sum owed will be settled before 11th August'

Grant will be gone by then, we can only hope that we agree a cash upfront transfer rather payments spread over time.

Edited by DesWalker

OS

many thanks OS, can you pass us a shovel to get all this baba up that the panick brigade and the end of the world is nigh lot did...it's a good job they don't still have the 3 minute warning sirens on the cop shop roof...3/4 of you lot would have committed suicide before anyone realised it was a false alarm...

Edited by dnhc

Guest jimbob

But having CS9 in will add that amount to our wage bill plus associated tax and NI contributions. It'll be a huge annual extra bill.

Cardiff were first presented with their first petion in January I think but this was deferred to may when they showed they were in negotiations with their far east investor, however since the election things have shifted considerably in government and it's every penny must be clawed back at all cost, I very much doubt that HMRC will be as accommodating now, this maybe explains the harsh comment on RS, once again we have done the wrong thing at the wrong time.

If we sell grant it pays the debt owed, but does not address the reason the debt arose in the first place and it will surely happen again.

Very angry owl :mad:

Edited by shez owl

According to the Sports Lawyer on BBC Radio Sheffield, Winding Up orders freeze bank accounts. Does this mean the staff and players won't get paid either?

The bank accounts wouldnt be frozen at this point - dont panic Mr shifter :biggrin:

Cardiff were first presented with their first legion in January but this was deferred to may when they showed they were in negotiations with their far east investor, however since the election things have shifted considerably in government and it's every penny must be clawed back at all cost, I very much doubt that HMRC will be as accommodating now, this maybe explains the harsh comment on RS, once again we have done the wrong thing at the wrong time.

If we sell grant it pays the debt owed, but does not address the reason the debt arose in the first place and it will surely happen again.

Good point and I had thought that my self :happy:

The expert on Radio Sheffield this morning suggested he very much doubted the outstanding amount only related to the June amount?

According to the Sports Lawyer on BBC Radio Sheffield, Winding Up orders freeze bank accounts. Does this mean the staff and players won't get paid either?

In my opinion he was scaremongering. He seemed to revel in it.

Guest aj_owl

The bank accounts wouldnt be frozen at this point - dont panic Mr shifter :biggrin:

WOW - theres naff all in them anyway so i dont think that would be a problem!

Cardiff were first presented with their first petion in January I think but this was deferred to may when they showed they were in negotiations with their far east investor, however since the election things have shifted considerably in government and it's every penny must be clawed back at all cost, I very much doubt that HMRC will be as accommodating now, this maybe explains the harsh comment on RS, once again we have done the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Spot on.