Owls served with winding up order

The very first thing they were tod and what made them sign for us was that we have just been relegated and have no money.

With respect, what sort of a question is that ?.

As a players agent surely one of the key considerations is how financially solvent we are. We all know we're skint, but been taken to court by HMRC is a bit of jump.

Am i right in thinking, that knowingly not paying your tax and withholding payment is actually regarded as 'Freud'? So the board and the co-op bank actively agreed a course of action that was knowingly fraudulent?

Let's not couch and hide this behind the smokescreen of 'common practice'....are the club, with active knowledge of the bank acting fraudulently?

Guest intercity0wl

As a players agent surely one of the key considerations is how financially solvent we are. We all know we're skint, but been taken to court by HMRC is a bit of jump.

And by all account one that the club did not see coming as they were in contact with HMRC and as such there woukd be no need to mention it. I would not be surprised if this late payment has not happened before and this action has took the club by surprise.

We all know we have little money and and this news is not the bombshell to me as it is to some, its not good news but surely this playing of the system is not unexpected and not unique to us..

"It is understood that the club knew the petition was looming and have the support of the Co-op Bank."

So they couldn't warn us the fans who give a poo poo and get really upset to hear such headlines about our club? Bunch of tossers run the boardroom :(

Anyone know how this could affect us:

Failure to pay a demand - England, Wales and Northern Ireland

Distraint

This is where your possessions can be taken and auctioned to pay your debt and costs.

HMRC will visit your premises and ask you once more for payment. If you don't pay, they will list your possessions to the value of the debt and costs and ask you to sign it.

If you sign it, you have five days to pay the demand before your possessions are removed to sell at auction.

If you don't sign, you'll still have five days to pay before your possessions are auctioned, but your possessions will be removed there and then. You will also have to pay extra costs.

If your possessions are auctioned for more than the amount you owe (including any extra costs of removing and selling them) you'll be paid anything left over. If they're sold for less, you will still have to pay the difference.

let's auction Tommy Spurr

I doubt we'll now get more than Burnley's original offer for Grant now. Probably less, and we'll have to accept it. Should have cashed in the chips :mellow:

Unless other clubs get involved and try to outbid each other, which would appear to be quite likely if reports are anything to go by.

Unless other clubs get involved and try to outbid each other, which would appear to be quite likely if reports are anything to go by.

I hope you're right, but if I was one of the clubs bidding I'd now fancy my chances of starting the bidding lower than this time yesterday.

Guest aj_owl

£8.72

A fiver, some 'money cant buy belly button fluff, a half eaten three day old egg sarnie and a VIP Night out in The wonderful seaside town of cleethorpes worth £6.40