Owls served with winding up order

Anyone know how this could affect us:

Failure to pay a demand - England, Wales and Northern Ireland

Distraint

This is where your possessions can be taken and auctioned to pay your debt and costs.

HMRC will visit your premises and ask you once more for payment. If you don't pay, they will list your possessions to the value of the debt and costs and ask you to sign it.

If you sign it, you have five days to pay the demand before your possessions are removed to sell at auction.

If you don't sign, you'll still have five days to pay before your possessions are auctioned, but your possessions will be removed there and then. You will also have to pay extra costs.

If your possessions are auctioned for more than the amount you owe (including any extra costs of removing and selling them) you'll be paid anything left over. If they're sold for less, you will still have to pay the difference.

Also this:

f you don't reply or pay what you owe, you can be ordered to pay additional court fees on top of the claim form. Your details will be put on a Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines, which may mean you'll find it more difficult to open a bank account or borrow money. But if you pay within one month of the judgment you can ask to have such an entry removed.

Does this mean SWFC now has a CCJ against its name?

Anyone out there know, given the size of wage bill, how many months tax the club are behind ? Seems to be a poo poo storm that has been gathering for some months which cannot be a surprise for the board. Whilst we might get it sorted quite quickly it does nothing for confidence in the club, especially amongst the non playing staff and small businesses who supply the club. It might just be an accounting move but we could do without this type of publicity.

Guest intercity0wl

No goverment loan for forgemasters HMRC Serve a winding up order on Wednesday,Nick Clegg seems to have had a positive effect on this goverments dealings with Sheffield :biggrin:

FFS stop panicking Grant sale more will pay next years bill as well.

No goverment loan for forgemasters HMRC Serve a winding up order on Wednesday,Nick Clegg seems to have had a positive effect on this goverments dealings with Sheffield :biggrin:

If we can, year on year, polish cheap turds and sell one or two each year, we'll not need investment.

Europe in 5 years?

This plays into the hands of bidding clubs who will see it as a timely opportunity to bag a bargain.

Shocking news but I will refrain from further comment until I hear the club's statement, which I await with interest.

This plays into the hands of bidding clubs who will see it as a timely opportunity to bag a bargain.

Shocking news but I will refrain from further comment until I hear the club's statement, which I await with interest.

Do you think we'll get one on this matter?

Guest intercity0wl

Were the players that have recently signed made aware of this?

The very first thing they were tod and what made them sign for us was that we have just been relegated and have no money.

With respect, what sort of a question is that ?.

Edited by intercity0wl