Sturrock Signs Barry Corr and Peter Gilbert

Guest East_Dene_Owl

Wouldn't be surprised to see Sean Mcallister turn up at Southend, though they'll have to be quick as Rotherham are rumoured to be interested in him.

Guest DSC_UK

They are both good signings for L2 especially for a side with no cash. I hope Luggy does well down there.

Gilbert is a decent full back at league 1 level.....I'm glad he's got himself a contract- he always gave 100%- good defender- even though he looked awkward with the ball.

Not sure about Corr though, he was mostly injured for us so maybe we didn't see his best.......(I'm trying to be open minded)

I'm sorry mate but that is just rubbish.

He will always rank as one of the most inept, uninterested, talentless wasters we've had at this club, and we've had a few.

He was spectacularly awful.

Lets not forget we actually paid a QUARTER OF A MILLION POUNDS for , ahem...Peter Gilbert.

Shocking signing and one of the many under his reign that got him the sack.

My prediction for his next signing.................Hasney Aljofree.........................or maybe Maurice Ross :biggrin:

Didn't Sturrock bring KJ to Southampton?

I think so, it wasnt until he brought him here that he realised potential as a striker.

He was signed on the basis that he could help out at the back for us as well as up front as a general utility man.

Lets not forget we actually paid a QUARTER OF A MILLION POUNDS for , ahem...Peter Gilbert.

Shocking signing and one of the many under his reign that got him the sack.

My prediction for his next signing.................Hasney Aljofree.........................or maybe Maurice Ross :biggrin:

£250,000? No way, thats painful

Arent Southend now a league two team?

Its very one dimensional and narrow minded by Sturrock but they arent the worst signings in League two. I remember him going on loan to Doncaster from us in League one and doing a competent job so i am sure he can be half decent in League two. He seems to work for Sturrock too.

Barry Corr did ok for Swindon (under Sturrock) i can remember him scoring some crucial goals for them.

Neither are world beaters but at league two standard they should do a decent job.

Edited by swfcGibbo