Our strongest 11 next season?

Guest Deleted member

Ya I guess it was a bit of a flaming post considering I knew someone would call be on it. I just think with the signings the way they are we will be really playing through the channels next year.Swap Spurr for Johnson in most likely hood, but I still Fancy Spurr could be molded into a a defensive winger (his crossing isn't the worst) allowing Jones to overlap with little worry of getting countered, similarly to the way I expect Ostembor to be overlapping either Sedgwich or Teale. That's also the reason I went for Mellor and Tudgay up front as I would consider them our best two strikers in the air.

Whatever way you look at it whats refreshing is that for the first time in years we have options. We could go for a counter attacking. Who knows!

Mellor

Heffernan

Miller

Cooke

Jones Ostembor

Spurr Purse Beevers

Grant

Ya I guess it was a bit of a flaming post considering I knew someone would call be on it. I just think with the signings the way they are we will be really playing through the channels next year.Swap Spurr for Johnson in most likely hood, but I still Fancy Spurr could be molded into a a defensive winger (his crossing isn't the worst) allowing Jones to overlap with little worry of getting countered, similarly to the way I expect Ostembor to be overlapping either Sedgwich or Teale. That's also the reason I went for Mellor and Tudgay up front as I would consider them our best two strikers in the air.

Whatever way you look at it whats refreshing is that for the first time in years we have options. We could go for a counter attacking. Who knows!

Mellor

Heffernan

Miller

Cooke

Jones Ostembor

Spurr Purse Beevers

Grant

You what?

..................................Grant

Otsemobor........Purse.........Beevers........Jones

Teale.............Coke.............Potter............Johnson

.....................Tudgay..........Mellor

You what?

..................................Grant

Otsemobor........Purse.........Beevers........Jones

Teale.............Coke.............Potter............Johnson

.....................Tudgay..........Mellor

the layout i was suggesting, was a 3-5-2 with the last one using wing backs, guess i should have put more time into laying it out. :)

Why always 4:4:2?

Why not 3:5:2?

I'd go 4:5:1 certainly away with the quick men breaking to support. Father ted will look to catch teams on the break away from home. At home a similar system but higher up the pitch with J O'C as the holder?

Thoughts from the experts

GK - Grant

LB - Jones

RB - Ostembor

DC - Beevers

DC - Purse ©

LM - Teale*

RM - Sedgewick*

CM - Coke

CM - Miller

CF - Tudgay

CF - Mellor

Subs

O'Donnell

Spurr

Potter

Johnson

Heffernan

Buxton

O'Connor

* Potential to switch wings during the game.

My main concern is cover at CB. I'm not convinced by Hinds in that position. Ball watches to often , easily turned and lacks that turn of pace he had before his ankle injury.

I don't understand why people don't think that Johnson is the best winger at the club.

We looked terrible without him last season and he troubled Championship defences.

First name on the team sheet for me (except Grant of course)

Edited by Random Task

to be honest i think it's too difficult to pick what are best 11 is at the moment and i doubt AL knows it either. I think it's a good thing as we have a good selection of players that can probably play in different formations also. i feel we could play 4 4 2, 3 5 2, 5 3 2 or 4 5 1 depending on opponents. these are just some of the selections and formations we could play

4-4-2

Grant

Semi/Buxton Beevers/Hinds Purse Jones/ Spurr

JJ/ Sedgwick Miller/Potter Coke/ JOC Teale

Heffernan/ Tudgay Mellor

5-3-2

Grant

Purse Beevers Spurr

Semi Jones

Miller JOC Coke

Tudgay Mellor

3-5-2

Grant

Purse Spurr Beevers

Sedgwick Miller Coke JOC Teale

JJ Mellor

4-5-1

Grant

Semi Purse Beevers Jones

Teale Miller Coke JOC JJ

Mellor

I think we have so many different options available fornext season that we should be able to cope with most if not all teams and what ever formations we come up against. i am really looking forward to next season now after looking at the squad in so much detail and think it could be are best season for a long time

JOC was probably our best player last season but he doesnt get in nor does our top earner Tudgay.

Are Jones and Coke any good ?

JOC got stuck in, but he is completely ineffective with the ball. Dunno why so many fans think he was our best player...we need players with more than just effort in their game...

I see you have reverted to your old opinion of JOC?

:biggrin:

welcome to a year ago...

Tbh I did shout his praises after a few games but I was also very frustrated with him at the same time. Not his fault- he is a 100% honest player but I just would rather us play someone who is more effective when we have the ball. could say that about alot of the team though i guess.