Mellor signs on loan - OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED

Spot on.

A kick up the arse for the players that got us in this mess really.

Thanks dude

Plus how many years has it been since Spurr had any real competition?

Gilbert? 3 years ago? Hardly competition.

Every position now has someone competing for it.

We just need a centre half and if we are struggling a loan striker can be brought in.

Really exciting squad.

The fans at the PNE forum are very harsh on Mellor, can't seem to find a good word to say about him.

TBF they're fans are gauging an opinion based on him playing under a manager he doesnt like, and in the league above....

I trust A.I on this one.

Cracking signing,

Fantasic signing and whether a fan of the player or not the fact we've convinced him to drop to league 1 is testament to our pull still.

An excellent pre season up to now and at least we look like we're going to go for it for once. Good stuff.

(0-0 v D&R nailed on...)

Happy with this. If he gets the right service, I think he can certainly b a 20 a season man. Just depends on if he stays fit and if the midfield actually supplies our front ment correctly...not just hoofball from the back line.

Happy with this. If he gets the right service, I think he can certainly b a 20 a season man. Just depends on if he stays fit and if the midfield actually supplies our front ment correctly...not just hoofball from the back line.

cant see it being hoofball with the amount of wingers weve got

Fantasic signing and whether a fan of the player or not the fact we've convinced him to drop to league 1 is testament to our pull still.

An excellent pre season up to now and at least we look like we're going to go for it for once. Good stuff.

(0-0 v D&R nailed on...)

I saw the odds pop up on the OS and dropped a tenner on them to win at 6's.

Always an optimist. :biggrin:

Edited by BRUCE LEE

Guest Sniper1

Neil Mellor as the potential to get 20+ in League One, he got 10 in 21 starts for a bottom half Championship side last season, he should be able to double goals and games this season in League One.

The potential is there that is why most Wednesdayites are pleased.

Mellor, Tudgay, Heffernan & Johnson.

or

Tudgay, Jeffers, Sodje & Clarke.

I know the answer.

Tudgay needs to up his work ethic back to how he was 2 seasons ago, he and we will then reap the rewards. Expect 10-15 goals from Tuggy this season.

Mellor is very good at holding up the ball and bringing others in, a younger more clinical Deon Burton(who by the way got a few goals in league one). Could be a 20+ man

Heffernan will get goals, no doubt, this depends on how much game time he gets, could easily notch up 15.

JJ's pace will kill teams in League one, fully expect JJ to be first name on team sheet either up front or on one of the wings.

We also have 2 wingers who can cross the ball and who want to cross the ball in Teale and Sedgwick, also not forgetting the wand of a left foot(Dingle McCarthy's words) that is Dan Jones, and with the rapid Semi down the other

flank, (no poo poo this lad can shift).

Wow, we could be in for a great season Wednesdayites, all i want personally is commitment and a few wins.

WTID

Mellor is more in the centre forward mould, which is something we have really really missed. He can take a knock and carry on towards goal and win the headers etc.

He also loves Alan Irvine and he claimed during their playoff season he was the best manager hes ever worked with.

Mellor, Heffernan and Tudgay all have 15 goals in them provided they are fit and on form surely. I think we have to be realistic now, JJ and Modest arent bad 4th and 5th strikers at all.

Edited by Bluesteel

Looking at Irvines signings for Preston , i was fearing the worse this summer but i have to say on the face of it hes done better than i thought.

Mellor , Heffernan and Teale all look very worthy acquisitions for this division.......................Sedgwick and Otsemeboor i,m not so enamoured with ( though i wait eagerly to be proved wrong ).................................Jones and Coke i,ve never seen play , so cant comment on.

The only thing tempering all this , is that with us capturing a far better quality of player than we were expecting , one cant help feeling that a key player leaving may be on the horizon to offset the incomings.