Mellor signs on loan - OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED

Guest domSWFC

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of whether or not Mellor is an Owl or a Blades fan?

Star website said he has a soft spot for Wednesday, because his dad played for us... so I'm taking that as he is neither, but like most people prefer us to them :biggrin: he's probably a glory supporter... but who cares, we got him now! :biggrin:

Guest maynardn

Is anyone else losing track of our new signings?

Not been this excited about a new season for years.

I Think Modest will Fill in with more of a squad role this year as 4th/5th striker.

Don't think we need anymore signings tbh im really happy with the size of the squad.

Also only 1 loan player in and good deals on the rest of the players. I think the Mellor/Johnson Partnership would be lethal or a 4-5-1 4-3-3 combination

I can finally see 3 or 4 players get 15-20 goals this season each.

Guest Stereophonics

Very happy with this summer.

I'll admit that I had doubts over AI but the squad is shaping up nicely. Hopefully we can sign one more CB and i'll be happy.

Guest Paul Oxley

well chuffed with the signings it should be a pretty good season at hillsborough next season, i'd go as far as saying its the most excited ive been about the start of a new season since the prem league days COME ON YOU BLUE AND WHITE WIZARRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSS

Guest Tuna

Why are so many saying we need another cb?? We have Beevers, purse, hinds plus spurr and Buxton who can play there

Guest utOwlz

The fans at the PNE forum are very harsh on Mellor, can't seem to find a good word to say about him.

Maybe because they dont think he's any good? Iv not seen enough of him to judge but im not expecting him to be a 20 goal a season striker, but thats because im not sure he will stay fit long enough. Im sure our fans will get right behind them all though next season (until things start going wrong)

Guest utOwlz

Why are so many saying we need another cb?? We have Beevers, purse, hinds plus spurr and Buxton who can play there

I agree, we need another striker imo, 1 injury to any of our strikers means our strike force picks itself

Maybe because they dont think he's any good? Iv not seen enough of him to judge but im not expecting him to be a 20 goal a season striker, but thats because im not sure he will stay fit long enough. Im sure our fans will get right behind them all though next season (until things start going wrong)

All our new signings are coming with mixed reports, which is to be expected of League 1 players. Derby fans think Varney is a useless joke but he did okay for us.

The fans at the PNE forum are very harsh on Mellor, can't seem to find a good word to say about him.

Because he scored very few goals for them. In fact he's acctually got a poo scoring record BUT fingers crossed we're getting him at the right age, coming into his prime and dropping down a league he can do the business for us.

Guest utOwlz

Tudgay, Heffernan, Mellor, JJ.

Not sure about JJ as a striker though, he can run but has no end product, he seems to fluff his shots whenever he has had good chances at goal, i personally wouldnt have him as one of our strikers because i dont think he is a finisher, id keep him on one of the wings, preferably the right wing

Guest jerence

Very very happy with our squad, real reason for optimism. Well done A.I. thus far.

The base of the squad we have now are pro's who have genuine experience but not too old, and mostly at a good age. Supplement that with a couple of old heads, and chances being given to the likes of Modest, Palmer and hopefully some other youngsters and we can flourish. Remember how good L1 was for the likes of Whelan and Brunt, a year or so down there and they came on leaps and bounds.

Up the Owls!

The thing which excites me is the options.

Last season until around November we knew JJ was on the right and Gray was on the left. We didnt actually have any other options.

Who is going to start on the left next year? We have numerous players who can play there.

Who will start on the right? We have tons who can play on the right too.

Genuine competition is what we have desired for years.

Spot on.

A kick up the arse for the players that got us in this mess really.