Mellor signs on loan - OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED

Guest domSWFC

The pacy forward joined Preston for £500,000 in the summer of 2006 and went on to score 34 goals from 69 starts for the Lilywhites. Mellor is Sheffield-born and the son of former Owls winger Ian. He is Alan Irvine's seventh new recruit of the summer

Since when has he been pacy? I thought he was just a big target man to hold up the ball?

Edited by domSWFC

Alan hits the nail on the head here.

"I'd be excited about the squad we have assembled for the Championship, never mind League One."

I think the reputation of him as a coach and the reputation of Sheffield Wednesday as a club has helped us dramatically this year.

The pacy forward joined Preston for £500,000 in the summer of 2006 and went on to score 34 goals from 69 starts for the Lilywhites. Mellor is Sheffield-born and the son of former Owls winger Ian. He is Alan Irvine's seventh new recruit of the summer

Since when has he been pacy? I thought he was just a big target man to hold up the ball?

he's not got alot of pace...if he did he'd have been kept by liverpool....

Top top signing for us tho....made up with this one. He'll tear up league 1.

Guest Walkley_Owl

Alan hits the nail on the head here.

"I'd be excited about the squad we have assembled for the Championship, never mind League One."

I think the reputation of him as a coach and the reputation of Sheffield Wednesday as a club has helped us dramatically this year.

http://www.swfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10304~2083341,00.html

About chuffin time, been sat on this since yesterday aftyernoon

It just goes to show, if Irvine had been manager for more of last season, with these sort of signings we could of seen a comfortable mid table finish. I honestly believe that we now have a much stronger squad than last season, and we finally look to have strength in depth, something that we haven't really seen since our Premiership years. Well done to the club and well done to Alan Irvine. He's beginning to shape his own squad, and the vital thing is, he's got the players in with ample time to gel before the season starts. I'm sure it doesn't really have to be said knowing us, but let's get behind the lads!