You think we're expensive?!

I think had it been a supporter alone as opposed to a supporter who now works for the club I would still have raised my point of debate but possibly not as vigorously. I don't mean to have a go at deejay personally but as he is a voice from within the club on here it is a good point of contact to sound things out - that is how the club wants to be right, open, honest and understanding of different perspectives from the support. I appreciate he gets a hard time on here from some but 90% of the time I try to be constructive with my points of view though I do feel at times, as others have mentioned that he can come across as patronising, sometimes in the extreme when he doesn't agree with things.

Fair points, well made and absolutely accepted.

I will stress this is a thread about matchday pricing and the point that, I - personally - believe United's matchday pricing to be an absolute and utter rip-off. I stand by that.

You want to make your point regarding our Season Tickets, which is fair enough (but not in the spirit of the thread). What I will say is that:

1) Our Season Tickets have been shown to be extremely competitive in the league we are in (from memory 5th cheapest in the division!).

2) It is acknowledged that a number of mistakes were madenwith regards to the season ticket policy for this season and we've already said that whilst we cannot improve that for now we are looking to make improvements for next season (Chris C has already started working on the policy for next season):

As current proposals stand:

A) our season ticket pricing WILL be clearer from the start- including highlighting (and ensuring) discounts are absolutely clear - you WILL know what you save compared to match-by-match tickets.

B) we will sell tickets early again (at the end of the day, signings that Alan has made HAVE been through securing budgets earlier and piping the season ticket monies through to the playing budget!) - however, we will NOT have as many deadlines and we will NOT move ANY deadlines as happened plenty last season. We WILL ensure the early adopters get the best discounts and make that clear from the start.

C) Pricing WILL reflect the best value for money for all supporters whilst also balancing the needs of the footballing budget.

These points are something both myself and Chris C - as fans of the club AND taking on board feedback from supporters this season - believe passionately about. Likewise, the structure (but not the pricing, yet, for obvious reasons) has been looked at and got positive feedback, in principle, from the COO Carol.

Fair points, well made and absolutely accepted.

I will stress this is a thread about matchday pricing and the point that, I - personally - believe United's matchday pricing to be an absolute and utter rip-off. I stand by that.

You want to make your point regarding our Season Tickets, which is fair enough (but not in the spirit of the thread). What I will say is that:

1) Our Season Tickets have been shown to be extremely competitive in the league we are in (from memory 5th cheapest in the division!).

2) It is acknowledged that a number of mistakes were madenwith regards to the season ticket policy for this season and we've already said that whilst we cannot improve that for now we are looking to make improvements for next season (Chris C has already started working on the policy for next season):

As current proposals stand:

A) our season ticket pricing WILL be clearer from the start- including highlighting (and ensuring) discounts are absolutely clear - you WILL know what you save compared to match-by-match tickets.

B) we will sell tickets early again (at the end of the day, signings that Alan has made HAVE been through securing budgets earlier and piping the season ticket monies through to the playing budget!) - however, we will NOT have as many deadlines and we will NOT move ANY deadlines as happened plenty last season. We WILL ensure the early adopters get the best discounts and make that clear from the start.

C) Pricing WILL reflect the best value for money for all supporters whilst also balancing the needs of the footballing budget.

These points are something both myself and Chris C - as fans of the club AND taking on board feedback from supporters this season - believe passionately about. Likewise, the structure (but not the pricing, yet, for obvious reasons) has been looked at and got positive feedback, in principle, from the COO Carol.

Cheers,

I do appreciate the work you do and that we have a line of contact with the club but by the same token not every question is going to have a rosy outlook. Certain posters obviously come on here looking for a bite out of you but contrary to what some would believe I and some others don't just moan for the sake of it or to purposely antagonise so to patronise is going to be seen as a bit cheap to those that are genuinly making a point .

You make a fair point regarding our prices in comparison to others in the league but our fans are as likely to just compare the current prices of our own to last seasons and the level of competition.

The news regarding the new plans is also encouraging.

As you say, there isn't much that can be done about it now but the current season ticket price just doesn't offer a great financial saving. I will probably miss 2 or 3 home games through circumstances anyway and so I can't see how it will cost be more than the price of a season ticket to watch 20/21 matches at matchday prices.

I still disagree about the budget having aready contributed to Alans signings though. Even if season tickets had only gone on sale last month a conservative estimate would have been 8K/9K. I know some feel that the board have not exactly covered themselves in glory with regards to doing their sums but my primary school son could have predicted a budget of 8-10K s/t sales regardless of when they went on sale. Unless the fact is that money is so tight from week to week / month to month that the money has actually got to have been secured and in the bank before we can move on with any deals? This is surely not the case given that many of the season tickets will have been bought on the monthly plan route?

The money in from Season Tickets early is absolutly CRUCIAL for the footballing budget. I can't stress this enough. Alan has made his moves based on Season Tickets sales thus far - if we were still selling the bulk of season tickets now (as in the past), we wouldn't have the clarification around budgets that we currently have. It's not about predictions and projections- it's about actual, real term money, in the bank ready to spend. Again, I can't stres this enough.

Regarding your last point - no, the finance (DD) agreement is done through a third party and currently pays the club a bulk amount at the beginning of the term of the agreement. In some ways this is preferable, but football-budget-wise means we do not get the finances on a regular basis throughout the summer (as we don't have gate revisits from matches, etc) - however, it doesn't afford us the long-term planning and regular income we need to adopt. It is hoped we can bring Direct Drbit schemes in-house for next season's season ticket campaign (and onwards!) that will truly bring cash-flow and revenues into line. :)

deejayone ring the lane tell them your straffords ***** and ask how many tickets we have sold, ill add the corporate ones on, 15750now start of season 16300 down from 18900. and cheaper than yours for a better standard of footy , if i was you id stick to blagging your own truffle hunters . and leave sheffields number one out of it .

regards lee oops i mean twofoot.

So you just go to watch the visitors...

Hi and thanks for the attention.

You ask me to ring up and check - I don't have to. The figures were given by the highest level at your club (we do share information and dialogue from time-to-time).

I also know exactly how many complimentary tickets are within the figure, so less of the over-exhuberant confidence, eh? :)

Go on DJ how many freebies have they given away?

deejayone ring the lane tell them your straffords ***** and ask how many tickets we have sold, ill add the corporate ones on, 15750now start of season 16300 down from 18900. and cheaper than yours for a better standard of footy , if i was you id stick to blagging your own truffle hunters . and leave sheffields number one out of it .

If i were you I'd put all my effort in helping your club find the £4.5MILLION that it needs to service your debt BEFORE a ball has been kicked....here's a hint...giving away free season tickets to u13s won't do it

Hi and thanks for the attention.

You ask me to ring up and check - I don't have to. The figures were given by the highest level at your club (we do share information and dialogue from time-to-time).

I also know exactly how many complimentary tickets are within the figure, so less of the over-exhuberant confidence, eh? :)

I thing the saying goes

'stick that in your flipping pipe and smoke it'

Guest twofootedtackle

If i were you I'd put all my effort in helping your club find the £4.5MILLION that it needs to service your debt BEFORE a ball has been kicked....here's a hint...giving away free season tickets to u13s won't do it

so what are you saying ,kevin maccabe doesnt know how to run a company ,this a man who is a trouble shooter for the bank of scotland .you south barnsley people arnt a full shilling.

ps hes got a plane worth more than wednesday

so what are you saying ,kevin maccabe doesnt know how to run a company ,this a man who is a trouble shooter for the bank of scotland .you south barnsley people arnt a full shilling.

He also knows how to put a world cup bid together...not

never mind not long till your centenary...only 14 more years without winning anything.....don't forget the £50 MILLION debt

Guest sotonowl

The admin people will be along soon to kick you off the site.You should use your correct name which would be 'twotrotteredtackle',got a nice ring to it aint it.Now go and play with the other little piggies and leave us to discuss our great club,but a word of warning afore ye go,it's market day it be and everyone likes to eat bacon Sunday morning so keep a low profile eh?

Guest twofootedtackle

The admin people will be along soon to kick you off the site.You should use your correct name which would be 'twotrotteredtackle',got a nice ring to it aint it.Now go and play with the other little piggies and leave us to discuss our great club,but a word of warning afore ye go,it's market day it be and everyone likes to eat bacon Sunday morning so keep a low profile eh?

i, ive tackled atrotter or two ,easy meat that pork .toodeloo me owd cracklings .

Doesn't matter what or how much he has got if he is no longer interested in investing significant amounts of it into you lot. Least you've enjoyed some great successes on the back of his millions though.

DEEJAY

I want to come and work for sheffield wednesday to create revenue - if i get a wage then so be it. I can pass my CV and it is pretty good if you want.

All i have ever wanted is the best for SWFC - I have fallen foul of the credit crunch so I have time on my hands - lets join and come up with marketing brilliance! I have a fair few initiatives in my head that would be quite easy.

We need support - not gonna happen via email and call (after the initial burst) - bill boards with new players names on! it will get mocked but even if its an extra 2 its worth it.

PM me james and i'll come and help out at the club

hirstyboywonder - McCabe has nothing to his name apart from a hotel he can't afford to pay the mortage for and a team he can't make any good - now go back to Barnsley you little dingle wind up merchant - sorry pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the blade - get fooked off our boards. we dont associate with players like kozluk

Edited by elated owl