You think we're expensive?!

Hirstyboy - all I can tell you are the facts as I have them.

Like-for-like-sales, we've sold more this season that we did when the season began in 2003 when we were last relegated to this division.

I'm glad you agree their matchday tickets seem overpriced, which is essentially what this thread is about.

So you are now telling me what I do and don't have a right to complain about? I have already linked numerous articles that detail the figures mentioned, one of which can be linked back to the club.

To think people say it's not very liberal on here and you get short shrift if you don't tow the line? You live in an owlstalk bubble and don't seem to realise that although the club have made great strides this summer thanks to Irvine's work in the transfer market, the good work that started in getting the fans back on side nearly two years ago has been undone by the ticketing policy that has lost the club thousands of season ticket holders compared to last season alone, nevermind potential new ones.

No - I'm asking for proof on the figures you quote - which you haven't provided or "can't be arsed" to find.

As I recall as well, there are around 600 new season ticket holders this season.

Lost thousands? How many then do you think are due to relegation and how many due to ticketing pricing??

The same link - however I refer you to:

"

Apologies for not getting back into that thread regarding the 2003/04 season! I have just checked for you - for that season, we actually had 11,880 season ticket holders (not 13,000). However, over 1,000 of those were long term freebies"

That equates to me to around 12,800?

you know what george some people have just got to moan,they must have nowt better to do ,

there ought to be a moaning site set up just for them, they would be in their ellement ,and give us poor fookers a rest

Keep on happy clapping and putting your money in regardless. Is it not worth moaning about how the club has managed to lose a significant percentage of season ticket holders in one season when the last time we were relegated the numbers actually increased? Indeed the club should give themselves a pat on the back for this and nobody should dare say a word against it for fear of being shot down by the owlstalk mafioso.

Keep on happy clapping and putting your money in regardless. Is it not worth moaning about how the club has managed to lose a significant percentage of season ticket holders in one season when the last time we were relegated the numbers actually increased? Indeed the club should give themselves a pat on the back for this and nobody should dare say a word against it for fear of being shot down by the owlstalk mafioso.

Once bitten, twice shy?

No - I'm asking for proof on the figures you quote - which you haven't provided or "can't be arsed" to find.

As I recall as well, there are around 600 new season ticket holders this season.

Lost thousands? How many then do you think are due to relegation and how many due to ticketing pricing??

Schoolboy typo error on posting the same link, now rectified.

Some will have been lost due to relegation no doubt but how come the numbers managed to increase the last time we were relegated?

Guest intercity0wl

you know what george some people have just got to moan,they must have nowt better to do ,

there ought to be a moaning site set up just for them, they would be in their ellement ,and give us poor fookers a rest

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Some will have been lost due to relegation no doubt but how come the numbers managed to increase the last time we were relegated?

Nice to see you continue not to be patronising in the way you post deejay!

Edited by Guest

Nice to see you continue not to be patronising in the way you post deejay!

Like I said - once bitten, twice shy?

How were the season ticket sales on the second season in League 1?

oooh! promotion ,i'm a member of the mafioso and a happy clapper to boot ,

Thank you for that hirstyboots didnt know i warrented that esteemed privelidge,but in all essence it does not matter to me what happened last year or the year dot ,What happens from here on in is my concern,if also it costs a little bit more to help keep the club going so what that is my choice ,if you want to moan that is your choice,but take your stick and browbeat some bugger else with it ,start a gang or somat ,or just be wednesday an get on with it. uto

Like I said - once bitten, twice shy?

How were the season ticket sales on the second season in League 1?

Not sure off hand but cant have been that bad considering we averaged 23,400. Either that or matchday tickets were extremely cheap. I doubt we will average that next season even if we are successful and yet the board back then was extremely unpopular yet when this seasons tickets went on sale we were meant to have got our club back and be moving forward together.

Not sure off hand but cant have been that bad considering we averaged 23,400. Either that or matchday tickets were extremely cheap. I doubt we will average that next season even if we are successful and yet the board back then was extremely unpopular yet when this seasons tickets went on sale we were meant to have got our club back and be moving forward together.

But that was a successful season (in the end).

If we start well I've no doubt of reaching 22500+ average.

The board was unpopular - but like you said earlier - this is an "Owlstalk bubble" and what is said on here no way reflects the opinions of the masses, sometimes for the better, most of the time for the worse.

But that was a successful season (in the end).

If we start well I've no doubt of reaching 22500+ average.

The board was unpopular - but like you said earlier - this is an "Owlstalk bubble" and what is said on here no way reflects the opinions of the masses, sometimes for the better, most of the time for the worse.

Fair enough but in 2003/04 we averaged 22,500 and finished 17th so this will hardly be a great success to reach that figure.

I flew off the handle somewhat in my earlier posts but am genuinly frustrated at how the club have lost a few thousand season ticket holders through a questionnable ticketing policy and yet look to defelct attention by highlighting the apparrent defects of others pricing strategy.

The blades offer far better value for money on s/t's with a significant saving on match day prices. Miss one owls match and a season ticket could end up costing more than match by match. Season ticket holders have been identified as key in our business plans yet the approach does not reflect this.

Fair enough but in 2003/04 we averaged 22,500 and finished 17th so this will hardly be a great success to reach that figure.

I flew off the handle somewhat in my earlier posts but am genuinly frustrated at how the club have lost a few thousand season ticket holders through a questionnable ticketing policy and yet look to defelct attention by highlighting the apparrent defects of others pricing strategy.

The blades offer far better value for money on s/t's with a significant saving on match day prices. Miss one owls match and a season ticket could end up costing more than match by match. Season ticket holders have been identified as key in our business plans yet the approach does not reflect this.

True - but that is with x amount of season tickets. I'm sure the majority who bought season tickets the first time we went down expected us to come straight back up.

Fair enough - and I was also argumentative. However, you state we have lost a few thousand through pricing policy. We are around 3000 down yes? But without asking those why they haven't renewed, bearing in mind it is now easier to pay for than it's ever been through interest free direct debit, or the fact we are in League 1 again, I would hazard a guess that the latter is more of a reason. Or the fact the team didn't give a flying one last season. Or the fact it's a recession. I don't think its as black and white as you suggest.

Maybe your right in that Deejayone working for the club should have held back his opinions - especially when you look at the thread title - however if somebody else had brought this up would you have reacted the same way? In the end Deejayone is a fan who's posted on here years before working for the club.

Guest twofootedtackle

Just to point out they have sold less than 14,000 season tickets (not over 15,000!)

Apologies for not getting back into that thread regarding the 2003/04 season! I have just checked for you - for that season, we actually had 11,880 season ticket holders (not 13,000). However, over 1,000 of those were long term freebies for shareholders which is where my lesser figure came from (as they weren't in the initial figure I had previously seen). Like-for-like sales, we HAVE sold more than the beginning of that season.

deejayone ring the lane tell them your straffords ***** and ask how many tickets we have sold, ill add the corporate ones on, 15750now start of season 16300 down from 18900. and cheaper than yours for a better standard of footy , if i was you id stick to blagging your own truffle hunters . and leave sheffields number one out of it .

regards lee oops i mean twofoot.

deejayone ring the lane tell them your straffords ***** and ask how many tickets we have sold, ill add the corporate ones on, 15750now start of season 16300 down from 18900. and cheaper than yours for a better standard of footy , if i was you id stick to blagging your own truffle hunters . and leave sheffields number one out of it .

You are aware that Lee no longer works at SWFC yes?

True - but that is with x amount of season tickets. I'm sure the majority who bought season tickets the first time we went down expected us to come straight back up.

Fair enough - and I was also argumentative. However, you state we have lost a few thousand through pricing policy. We are around 3000 down yes? But without asking those why they haven't renewed, bearing in mind it is now easier to pay for than it's ever been through interest free direct debit, or the fact we are in League 1 again, I would hazard a guess that the latter is more of a reason. Or the fact the team didn't give a flying one last season. Or the fact it's a recession. I don't think its as black and white as you suggest.

Maybe your right in that Deejayone working for the club should have held back his opinions - especially when you look at the thread title - however if somebody else had brought this up would you have reacted the same way? In the end Deejayone is a fan who's posted on here years before working for the club.

I think had it been a supporter alone as opposed to a supporter who now works for the club I would still have raised my point of debate but possibly not as vigorously. I don't mean to have a go at deejay personally but as he is a voice from within the club on here it is a good point of contact to sound things out - that is how the club wants to be right, open, honest and understanding of different perspectives from the support. I appreciate he gets a hard time on here from some but 90% of the time I try to be constructive with my points of view though I do feel at times, as others have mentioned that he can come across as patronising, sometimes in the extreme when he doesn't agree with things.

As a fan I would have debated the matchday and season ticket prices as I have done whoever had started the thread not just deejay, i have had this debate with friends and colleagues and on other forums.

The performance of the team last season it goes without saying, didn't help the cause in terms of season tickets sold which is why I feel so strongly about the fact that the club should have just abandoned the early deadline this season. Bringing it in during what was already a relegation threatened season was harldy likely to encourage a massive early sign up.

Had there been a mid-July deadline with a competitive price as was perhaps the case in April I am confident in thinking that there would have been a fair few more willing to sign up now on the back of a very encouraging summer of transfer deals and I am sure the club could have marketed this to their advantage. Also, plenty of people that were too hacked off with the team to buy one in April may have changed their views and got one again come June/July. When it now costs around £50 more to do so this is not such an easy decision to make. Down the years I have known countless people to have said in Jan/March even May to have said this is their last season i won't be back next time, only to have changed their mind come the middle of the summer.

The argument that the early deadline was needed in order to give us a good idea of the budget so that the players we have signed could be acquired doesn't stand up for me. Even the bleakest of budget predictions could have forecast that we would sell circa 10,000 s/t's.

Hi and thanks for the attention.

You ask me to ring up and check - I don't have to. The figures were given by the highest level at your club (we do share information and dialogue from time-to-time).

I also know exactly how many complimentary tickets are within the figure, so less of the over-exhuberant confidence, eh? :)

Hi and thanks for the attention.

You ask me to ring up and check - I don't have to. The figures were given by the highest level at your club (we do share information and dialogue from time-to-time).

I also know exactly how many complimentary tickets are within the figure, so less of the over-exhuberant confidence, eh? :)

Just out of inteest deejayone, how many freebie season tickets have we handed out?