You think we're expensive?!

Guest Walkley_Owl

Get yersen off here.

"Gilles Coke" needs his OS profile doing, same for Mawene, Teale and Mellor :ph34r:

A few things to clear up...

1) People seem to forget I've been on this site actively posting since it's very first iteration c.10 years ago. I've only been in my job for 1 of those years. I'd have posted this link whether or not I worked here because, purely and simply, I personally believe that it's a rip-off and shows our prices to actually be not that bad.

2) It has been suggested that our A* category prices for the KOP were going to be aound £34 - this is absolutely not the case - our prices for A* on the kop were to be £21 (online) and £23 (offline) - cheaper than United's published Category B prices. Additionally, I believe that the intention was to only have that price for one certain match of the season...

3) From previous seasons, it is likely their Category C matches will be used probably twice or a maximum of 4 times.

4) If you read the article, they trumpet a LOT of games as 'high profile' - suggesting those games will be highly categorised. 12 opposition teams are mentioned as 'high profile'.

5) The reaction of United fans on their own forums tels it's own story, I think...

There you go again with your facts. I'd heard that it was going to be 55 quid for a restricted view next season and that was the cheapest seat you could buy but we got relegated and now youve backtracked and arent charging that so wont be able to buy those ivory backscratchers and sharks with lasers that spit bees out at anyone who dares to criticise you and your policies cos thats how it goes now youre in charge. What do you think of that eh? eh? EH?

The first four blades games are all category B - including QPR and Portsmouth.

Looks like category A will only be used sparingly, similarly category C, and presumably also as a marketing tool to foster a Season Ticket culture - like the free tickets for under-13s.

A few things to clear up...

1) People seem to forget I've been on this site actively posting since it's very first iteration c.10 years ago. I've only been in my job for 1 of those years. I'd have posted this link whether or not I worked here because, purely and simply, I personally believe that it's a rip-off and shows our prices to actually be not that bad.

2) It has been suggested that our A* category prices for the KOP were going to be aound £34 - this is absolutely not the case - our prices for A* on the kop were to be £21 (online) and £23 (offline) - cheaper than United's published Category B prices. Additionally, I believe that the intention was to only have that price for one certain match of the season...

3) From previous seasons, it is likely their Category C matches will be used probably twice or a maximum of 4 times.

4) If you read the article, they trumpet a LOT of games as 'high profile' - suggesting those games will be highly categorised. 12 opposition teams are mentioned as 'high profile'.

5) The reaction of United fans on their own forums tels it's own story, I think...

The reaction comes from those who are not season ticket holders. The reaction of the season ticket holders (of which they have over 15,000) is that the prices are high but they are pleased that they have got great value for money on their s/t's compared to match day prices. Where is our value for money in this respect? You can't expect to put that link on here and have everyone agree with you - their season tickets - which represent the core of the clubs support are cheaper than our across adult prices in all areas of the ground.

In terms of clearing things up, you never did post back on the thread where you stated we had already sold more s/t's than when the 2003/04 season kicked off when in actual fact we had sold 13,000 in July that season.

The first four blades games are all category B - including QPR and Portsmouth.

Looks like category A will only be used sparingly, similarly category C, and presumably also as a marketing tool to foster a Season Ticket culture - like the free tickets for under-13s.

Catorgory C has only EVER been used 4 times per season at the Lane and will continue to be 4 next season too.

I suppose a positive is at least Owls fans wont be charged £34 for the Steel City derby (remember SUFC get away with saying the away end is comparable to the main stands so the charge is the same).

Guest jpbruce

Wednesdays most expensive ST = £535 League 1

Uniteds most expensive ST = £479 Championship

Proof infact that our STs are overpriced, and offer little in way of reward.

Pick and choose your games :blink:

Think it shows that their sts are better value v pay on the day than ours, but thats all. So they have "sold" 13k sts according to our porcine freind and given away 2k. I think last seasons was around 19K. So quite a drop there. Plus match day prices have increased to the point where their own fans are up in arms and threatening not go. So the walk up total is going to badly hit. For a club in serious financial trouble (expenditure £15, above income acoording to one pig on there) this could cause them some serious problems. Wonder if that is being reflected in their transfers this summer?

Think it shows that their sts are better value v pay on the day than ours, but thats all. So they have "sold" 13k sts according to our porcine freind and given away 2k. I think last seasons was around 19K. So quite a drop there. Plus match day prices have increased to the point where their own fans are up in arms and threatening not go. So the walk up total is going to badly hit. For a club in serious financial trouble (expenditure £15, above income acoording to one pig on there) this could cause them some serious problems. Wonder if that is being reflected in their transfers this summer?

Sorry £15million ....not £15 they would be quite happy with that!

they have over 15,000

In terms of clearing things up, you never did post back on the thread where you stated we had already sold more s/t's than when the 2003/04 season kicked off when in actual fact we had sold 13,000 in July that season.

Just to point out they have sold less than 14,000 season tickets (not over 15,000!)

Apologies for not getting back into that thread regarding the 2003/04 season! I have just checked for you - for that season, we actually had 11,880 season ticket holders (not 13,000). However, over 1,000 of those were long term freebies for shareholders which is where my lesser figure came from (as they weren't in the initial figure I had previously seen). Like-for-like sales, we HAVE sold more than the beginning of that season.

Edited by Deejayone

Just to point out they have sold less than 14,000 season tickets (not over 15,000!)

Apologies for not getting back into that thread regarding the 2003/04 season! I have just checked for you - for that season, we actually had 11,880 season ticket holders (not 13,000). However, over 1,000 of those were long term freebies for shareholders which is where my lesser figure came from (as they weren't in the initial figure I had previously seen). Like-for-like sales, we HAVE sold more than the beginning of that season.

Yes. Yes. Yes. YES.

I like this response.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Less that 14K so that actually 13K then! A 6K drop on last season, and at least 2k freebies in that too. And huge increase on match day prices too.

James

Off topic I know (but as you are involved in this thread, hopefully you'll see this)....

When will the "wallpaper downloads" be updated on the OS? The new fixtures have been around for a few weeks now.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

James

Off topic I know (but as you are involved in this thread, hopefully you'll see this)....

When will the "wallpaper downloads" be updated on the OS? The new fixtures have been around for a few weeks now.

Wallpaper downloads never usually become available until the official squad photos are done (and then we get the design resource!).

That said, I'm working on an idea to get somethign else done along these lines so watch this space...

Wallpaper downloads never usually become available until the official squad photos are done (and then we get the design resource!).

That said, I'm working on an idea to get somethign else done along these lines so watch this space...

Cheers!

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

So you are now telling me that the figures widely reported on our own website and in national and local newspapers in 2003 were in fact lies? I am sure the season ticket sales would have been reflected in the annual report from the following year and maybe even detailed in the foreword though I can't be arsed to check. Plenty of the current board members and indeed high level ticket office staff that are at the club now were also in office back in 2003 so by publishing such fugiures back then were they telling us lies?

How many of our 10,800 or so s/t's this season are freebies?

I am sick and tired of what this club tries to make me believe, at the end of the day certain statisticscan be used to an advantage or disadvantage depending on how they are shown but if we didn't sell 13K back then why was this widely reported including through the club itself?

The facts are you put a post on here to try and highlight our matchday value compared to the blunts. Fair enough their tickets do seem overpriced but the core income and support of the club comes from season ticket holders and across the board for adult season tickets they offer a much better price than us for a better level of football.

So you are now telling me that the figures widely reported on our own website and in national and local newspapers in 2003 were in fact lies? I am sure the season ticket sales would have been reflected in the annual report from the following year and maybe even detailed in the foreword though I can't be arsed to check.

Right - you go and check and find these reports and figures - then you have something to complain about.

Right - you go and check and find these reports and figures - then you have something to complain about.

So you are now telling me what I do and don't have a right to complain about? I have already linked numerous articles that detail the figures mentioned, one of which can be linked back to the club.

To think people say it's not very liberal on here and you get short shrift if you don't tow the line? You live in an owlstalk bubble and don't seem to realise that although the club have made great strides this summer thanks to Irvine's work in the transfer market, the good work that started in getting the fans back on side nearly two years ago has been undone by the ticketing policy that has lost the club thousands of season ticket holders compared to last season alone, nevermind potential new ones.

you know what george some people have just got to moan,they must have nowt better to do ,

there ought to be a moaning site set up just for them, they would be in their ellement ,and give us poor fookers a rest