worst memory of sheff wed

First real bad memory was when we played united at Hillsborough I think it was 64/65 season. they played a youngster called Alan Birchenall who had a blinder on his debut scoring both goals as they won 2-0. Obviously the 66' cup final although NOTHING...I REPEAT...NOTHING was as bad as the 93 replay and that edit Woods letting in the Lineghan header. I've never felt worse as a wednesday fan that night.

1993 Final replay..only time I have/will cry at football (was too young to have real problems then!)

season before that the 2-0 defeat at Hillsborough to United and the 3-1 away defeat

around 2002/3 ish....losing at home to Rotherham..think it was Westwood slipped or (more likely) miskicked for one of their goals..for me, and probably a lot of other Rotherham based Wednesday fans that was one of the big lowpoints of the last decade

Guest East_Dene_Owl

93 cup final, I was sat bang level with goal line and I can still see Woods palming it into roof of net. :angry:

Guest Distraught!

One interesting bad memory that I think will last forever is one that had no great effect when it actually happened. That was because nobody at the time realized the significance of what we lost.

The day that Eric said 'non' and fooked off to Leeds was perhaps the biggest single turning point in the club's history. It could have been the best free transfer ever. It could be argued that we watched a golden future walking out of the door.

Hindsight eh? :angry:

Guest Walkley_Owl

From around May 1995 to the present day, one long flipping bad memory featuring the nightmare known as our board of directors, the sooner they die the better

Guest britmod_owl

Last game of season when pillocks went on the pitch. As a youngish fan, the only glory i have had was the playoff final, the 91 cup final i was only 4 but was given a flag which made me support them from then on. so from having not really having that much to celebrate, the last game of season was more a low in as much as it has taken us even further away from real glory not a div 3 play off win and the scenes at the end just felt embarassing.

Guest PAUL.

Hull City away on Boxing Day yonks ago, winning 4-1, left 5 mins early and by the time we got to the car it was 4-4.

Guest SPURTt

Stoke City fans chasing me , with intent of caving my scone in , nothing else comes close . The best feeling when i escaped . only 13 at the time .

Guest mkowl

For all round experience

7-1 defeat at home to Forest

and crashed the car on the way home

which was a new car (to me anyway)

replacing the one I had written off 6 weeks earlier

on the 1st April

Guest PAUL.

Man City fans in the stand after we went 1-0 up in league cup tie at Maine Road. Not sure if it finished 1-1 or 2-1 to them with Bowyer scoring. It was carnage in those genels after the match and trying to get back to the station. 3 of my mates got stabbed that night. :ohmy:

I still believe if we had won one cup final that season our future might have been so different.

Not sure that I agree with that, although I suppose there's no way of knowing...But look at what has happened to Norwich who took our place in Europe.

Similar to the above post referring to Cantona, look at what's happened since then to Leeds.

Guest Wimbledon Owl

From around May 1995 to the present day, one long flipping bad memory featuring the nightmare known as our board of directors, the sooner they die the better

Not in any way to side with the current board but saying that about anyone is unnecessary. Come on Walkley I know you have strong feelings and fair enough but that was below the belt.

The worst memory for me was Big Ron leaving. I remember seeing it on teletext and going down to the ground. There were loads of people standing around devestated.