First Memory of Sheff Wed

Guest Paul Oxley

Guest Bigals

My eldest brother starting taking me in the 1961 season. Every time I went we won so I became a lucky mascot. All his mates used to pay for me. We were second in the 1st divison (whcih is now the premier) and the onl game we lost at home was to Spurs who won the league.

I think

It was a Sunday game, on TV against Chelsea around '89. Final score was 1-1, although it's my first memory of Wednesday, what I remember most about the game is how brilliant Dave Beasant played, pretty sure he got MOTM.

It was the first time I'd sat and watched a match from start to finish. I was 7.

Edited by NIOwl

It was my 5th birthday 1951, on the Leppings lane end. My dad passed me over the heads of the other fans and I spent the whole match looking through the half-round hole at the top of the railings, hanging on for grim death. I had travelled to the match in a Ford v8 pilot as a treat an d as my legs ached that much I could hardly walk back to the car. Great times great day . :rolleyes:

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Used to sit by the dugout - Me Grandad reassuring Ken Knighton that despite his efforts he was still crap.......

KK just gave us a big beaming smile without doing a Rooney and getting all mardy.

Remember a streaker at a home match [vs York?] also in '73?

Even then, the pies were fantastic.....

Guest Walkley_Owl

First ever game i went to was Charlton in 1998 we won 3-0.

First memory was watching them on Sky and we lost 4-2 to Middlesborough. Signal kept going so didnt see much of it.

OR

It was when we got beat 2-0 By Newcastle in Asprilla first game.

Lost 3-1 on sky, 4-2 game was my 16th birthday

My eldest brother starting taking me in the 1961 season. Every time I went we won so I became a lucky mascot. All his mates used to pay for me. We were second in the 1st divison (whcih is now the premier) and the onl game we lost at home was to Spurs who won the league.

I think

Just an aside, and its been bothering me for a while.

Is your name Bi-gals or Big-als?

Thanks for your co-operation reagrding this issue.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Early seventies before relegation to div. 3......

The bloke with a placard proclaiming 'The End Is Nigh' outside the Leppings Lane turnstiles.

An away game, spur of the moment.

parents took me to Man City away.

Stood in the old Kippax it was 9 quid (no consessions) my dad moaned like flip!! lol

We won 3-1 I think and i'm sure Ryan Jones got one. (great player, shame he had such bad luck)

Can't be sure of the year but it was xmas time as we were singing "jingle bells"

Yep, was also my 1st Wednesday game!! Bart Williams went on a great run and I think he scored, Jones did score and .....maybe Jemson?

My 1st Wednesday game at home was against Spurs when Klinsmann made his debut - it was a 4-3 thriller (to them) - Hirsty scored a top goal!!!

First vivid memory is being stood on the kop with my dad watching us play the pigs. Don't honestly remember the score, but distinctly remember a mass brawl in the middle of the pitch and Pressman sprinting all the way from his goal-line and diving into the middle of it all.

Looking back, I guess it must have been the 93/94 season where we won 3-1, as I have it in my head that it was the last derby game at Hillsborough where the kop was terracing, which is a big reason my dad wanted to take me.

Guest BigDave

First vivid memory is being stood on the kop with my dad watching us play the pigs. Don't honestly remember the score, but distinctly remember a mass brawl in the middle of the pitch and Pressman sprinting all the way from his goal-line and diving into the middle of it all.

Looking back, I guess it must have been the 93/94 season where we won 3-1, as I have it in my head that it was the last derby game at Hillsborough where the kop was terracing, which is a big reason my dad wanted to take me.

There were a few skirmishes on the kop that day I remember it spilling onto the edge of the pitch on 1 occasion but I'm sure the kop was seated at the end of the 92-93 season which someone on here told me I was wrong but I never did find out which 1 was right?

Guest owls_4_life

My mum and dad bought me a Sanderson shirt for my 7th or 8th birthday because I'd been asking for one for ages. First match I went to we lost 2-0 to Leeds in the Prem can't remember what year it was but I reckon it was around 98/99

My dad telling me one morning before school that I should support Wednesday because I like owls. I got to school and told my best mate, who then gave me his spare of the Lawrie Madden sticker for Panini Football '87.

My next memory was seeing us live on The Match late in 1988. We lost 2-0 to Spurs on a snow-covered Hillsborough pitch, with Paul Stewart scoring both goals late in the game.

My first game was at Selhurst Park in February 1990 at age ten. My uncle is a Palace fan (they're my local team) and he took my dad and I to the game. I was small for my age and was able to get in for free by sitting on my dad's shoulder, but we had to stand on the Holmesdale Terrace amongst the home fans in a freezing wind. Nigel Worthington's cross was taken by the wind and caught Nigel Martyn out for our goal. Mark Bright equalised for Palace in the second half and was sent off five minutes later. It finished 1-1.

Guest Paul Oxley

My dad telling me one morning before school that I should support Wednesday because I like owls. I got to school and told my best mate, who then gave me his spare of the Lawrie Madden sticker for Panini Football '87.

My next memory was seeing us live on The Match late in 1988. We lost 2-0 to Spurs on a snow-covered Hillsborough pitch, with Paul Stewart scoring both goals late in the game.

My first game was at Selhurst Park in February 1990 at age ten. My uncle is a Palace fan (they're my local team) and he took my dad and I to the game. I was small for my age and was able to get in for free by sitting on my dad's shoulder, but we had to stand on the Holmesdale Terrace amongst the home fans in a freezing wind. Nigel Worthington's cross was taken by the wind and caught Nigel Martyn out for our goal. Mark Bright equalised for Palace in the second half and was sent off five minutes later. It finished 1-1.

i was at that game there was a fence separating us from the palace fans i can remember a palace fan (with curly black hair) throwing a load of coins at us wednesday fans i think he was fed up of being verbally abused for 90 mins...................funny