Did anyone hear radio pig tonight with the brief clip of AI talking about rumours?

He ruled out Parkin saying that he would require a transfer fee and PNE are happy with him anyway. "non-starter" were his words.

He also mentioned something about Mellor which I can't remember and said that Teale I think would be out of our price range, wage wise.

Good, i'd not be happy with either signing.

Surely if Parkin is the type of player we are going for, we can find bigger, faster athletes in the lower leagues who can put themselfs about.

Likewise, Teale - he's past it, I'd hazard a guess that Sedgewick would beat him to a first team slot anyway, so why bother?

Guest TonyOwl88

He also said we'd have no money to spend on transfer fees. Thought we'd have a little bit... I don't know why really. I guess coz we spent on Potter last season.

Anyway, who else is available on a free? It sounds like Irvine's struggling to find the next batch of recruits.

Guest TonyOwl88

Everyone is struggling, they have a wish list, and a reserve list - every club and player are playing chess right now trying to get the best for themselfs, but not messing up in the process.

I think we're well placed to pick up talent that trickles down from the Championship to this level. Afterall, we are a very big club for the level and one tipped to be up their at the end of the season. I wonder whether players will start to rethink their wage demands.

I think we're well placed to pick up talent that trickles down from the Championship to this level. Afterall, we are a very big club for the level and one tipped to be up their at the end of the season. I wonder whether players will start to rethink their wage demands.

you are right, of course.

Question has to be asked though, if that talent is good enough.

I think clubs are holding on to talent not quite good enough right now because of bosman and because also that money is tight for transfers..........what gets released has to be not worth the investment for potential championship talent, surely?

Guest oliver666

I m sure you are right. Unfortunately, players are that thick they have to have greedy agents to negiotiate their wages. But with the amount of players on the 'dole' after clubs 'cutting their cloth accordingly' some of these thick agents will have to evaluate their clients situation. 5k a week is better than f**k all. Sooner or later, players will come grovelling to get a team before pre season matches imo. I can see a avalanche of players doing just that.