Next 4 new signings

Guest Wimbledon Owl

Considering we have no budget for transfer fees I think that we have done really well.

It will be great to see what Irvine can achieve with his own squad. I feel really optimistic.

A year in L1 could be a good place to mould a side and get the winning habit instilled in them.

Honestly I hope we can build a good squad that can get us up in 1 season and then compete at a mid table position in the Championship the year after. We can build from there and aim at the play offs. If ever we went up I hope we simply settle the debt and if we come straight back down so be it.

I am not even sure I want investment in the club anymore. It would be good but all the crap that surrounds it distracts everyone from what we are really about.

Well done AI and come on England!!!!

Considering we have no budget for transfer fees I think that we have done really well.

It will be great to see what Irvine can achieve with his own squad. I feel really optimistic.

A year in L1 could be a good place to mould a side and get the winning habit instilled in them.

Honestly I hope we can build a good squad that can get us up in 1 season and then compete at a mid table position in the Championship the year after. We can build from there and aim at the play offs. If ever we went up I hope we simply settle the debt and if we come straight back down so be it.

I am not even sure I want investment in the club anymore. It would be good but all the crap that surrounds it distracts everyone from what we are really about.

Well done AI and come on England!!!!

I actually agree with everything you have said here.

Is that the real Wimbledon owl?

Guest Wimbledon Owl

I actually agree with everything you have said here.

Is that the real Wimbledon owl?

ha, c'est moi!!! Thanks Tom.

Honestly, I think we may have found a good manager for our current situation. Good signings.

On the tetchy subject of Chairmans I also think we could do a lot worse than Howard Wilkinson. He has had a great career, is well connected and has a true affinity to the club. I know he is only temporary but to be honest I think he could be a good figure head for us and could help our scouting and academy. He is also a good football man for Irvine to bounce ideas off.

Anyway, I am happy with the progress we have made since getting relegated.

Guest Wimbledon Owl

I think central midfield will be our biggest problem.

Nobody currently at the club, gives me confidence.

I would go for two strong central midfielders as my main priority. O`Connor and Potter are nothing better than back-ups.

I think O'Connor sets the pace for the team and is just what we need in L1. He will also see us ok in the Chmapionship should we get promoted. He was one of the few that showed any heart last year and deserves some loyalty on the back of that.

hi all

perhaps relegation(ready to get me a--e kicked) is in a

funny way going to be good for us, I mean when was the last time players seemed to want to come to us ,

also AL seems to be signing the right guys on paper at least,time will tell but i can't fault him so far,

ok all these players coming in i have only heard of three out of the four but the vibes from other clubs forums make good reading to me

and make me very optimistic,we need this type of player,

and for one i could do without another jeffer's ,clark,etc,who's only contribution was to turn up.

SO KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AL AND KEEP EM COMING,

the revival of our club is-it happening at last,

UTO, WTID

Last Few Lines Of The Article (Kevin Phillips)

"That is a decision I'll make in the summer and see what happens.

"But I certainly won't be one of those players in three or four years' time who will still be playing in the lower divisions. The Championship is as far down as I would go."

Edited by MichaelSwfc1867