Tudgay

Would the sale of Tudgay be the key to our success this coming season

If it meant the signings of Nolan, Parkin, Varney, Mellor who are all under contract for another year could be signed but would require a nominal fee would selling Tudgay for circa 1 million and getting his wages off the bill benefit the team.

I'm guessing to bring the players in mentioned above you'd need close too if not a touch more than 1 million in 'undisclosed' fees to get Preston/Derby to part with them

I think a front 4 of Parkin, Varney, Mellor and Heffernan would put us well in the frame for automatic promotion and it would probably be enough to be midtable in the championship upon our return

As long as Irvine gets the money from any sales I say we would be better trying to con Laws back into signing him, we might even get the 1.5 million quoted last year if Brian is daft enough

This all depends on the players from Preston actually wanting to play in this division but if what we believe is true and they all sectretly love irvine and want his babies maybe they will drop a divison to link back up with him

Bottom line sell Tudgay equals better squad in my opinion

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

Yes - sell him.

Brian Laws says he is worth more than 1.5 million his quote last summer, my feeling is that Brian knows he had a good season the year before and was punching above his weight. If an offer came in like that and the majority of the cash could be used for nominal fees on players than I would snap their hand off.

Guest pembo55

Very reasonable argument this I feel tudders needs a change this would help him I think he as somewhat faded here and a move might help him flourish again. with this we could flourish to as the op says we could bring in a new front line, and a good one is vital in getting out of this league. and with the front line the op has come up with is a option we could have in selling Marcus I feel this Is a trade we should do.

Uto ftb

tudgay had one good season for us, out of 4

We should have sold him when we had the chance, unfortunately we (me included) thought he could could carry on on his good form. He could be a very very good league one player, but I'd imagine he wont want to and so he has to go for me. Anything over 1m and I'd be very happy

Guest Kintana

While thinking about next season I have never even considered Tudgay to be part of our plans, totally expecting him to be sold.

Can't see him rolling up his sleeves for the cause next season.

He's a fancy dan, always has been.

Guest Wimbledon Owl

I would be happy to take anything over £750k for him after last season.

I think AI needs as much scope as possible to build his own squad.

I know one of the Preston lads and they love Irvine. He wanted to work with AI again and a lot of their players do albeit they are enjoying Ferguson. The player in question is not Wednesday bound though as he doesn't want to play in L1.

Tudgay's attitude seemed poor to me last season.

Sell him.

Guest Jenkins

Our most talented player whose value will rise two fold come this time next year

He will be our top scorer

Guest Wimbledon Owl

I get the feeling he doesn't want to play for Wednesday anymore and no doubt he'll probably be sold. The sooner, the better IMHO. Maybe well get to play with two strikers up front next season.

Agreed.

Guest CDswfc

it has been mentioned that tudgay is signing for leicseter for aroud 800k. that means that we can sign the beast and maybe mellor?

Our most talented player whose value will rise two fold come this time next year

He will be our top scorer

Talent my arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its allways been about hard graft with Tudgay,the graft stopped last year and what we where left with was a very ordinary player.

From the interviews with Alan, it sounds like he is moulding his striker additions around Marcus..... so again, it looks as it is going to be Marcus plus A.N. other, no matter the performance level

I get the feeling he doesn't want to play for Wednesday anymore and no doubt he'll probably be sold. The sooner, the better IMHO. Maybe well get to play with two strikers up front next season.

Maybe Alan feels he needs replacements in before he could consider em going.

:biggrin:

Guest zero)))

tudgay had one good season for us, out of 4

I rather think he had one bad season out of 4.

Just shows how fickle we are as a set of supporters.