Wednesday Pubs

Guest DoreOwl

Guest DoreOwl

Bit off topic, but i'd like to know what pubs around Hillsborough are considered Wednesdayite's pubs?

Cheers.

Guest DoreOwl

Why?

Just asked by a friend, and since I don't generally drink around Hillsborough prior to matches I didn't know the answer.

Guest owls_4_life

Park Hotel. I tried getting in on a matchday and couldn't get in even showing my SWFC season ticket. I had to have a 'Park Hotel Special Matchday Ticket'. Like two lasses are gonna cause trouble!

Blue Ball had a big banner outside today saying watch all Englands matches with David Hirst! Can imagine how that negotioation went:

Pub: Hello Mr. Hirst it's the blue ball here and....

Hirsty: This baaat world cup?

Pub: Well yes, we were wandering if...

Hirsty: Open bar?

Pub: well errr, I suppose yes

Hirsty: See ya Saturday!

Personally I'll be in Yew Tree because it's closer to my house than my own living room :blink:

Hirsty is quite good mates with landlord of the Ball, and with the landlord of the travellers.

all pubs mentioned above are my locals, travellers mainly, and the shakey.

in anwser to the pub at the side of the travellers, the Gate, the biggest rumour about it is that Sainsburys bought it, and the plan is to make a 'express' store there, using some of the car park behind it, where the old fletchers buildings were before the fire there.

Guest intercity0wl

Park Hotel. I tried getting in on a matchday and couldn't get in even showing my SWFC season ticket. I had to have a 'Park Hotel Special Matchday Ticket'. Like two lasses are gonna cause trouble!

Your right luv, one lass can cause trouble, two has the potential to cause absolute bloody mayhem.