The 3 New Boys

Guest domSWFC

I am very happy with the three signings we have made this week.

I think they will improve our team and do well in League 1.

If I were A.I. I would be looking for:

1 Foward (Target Man)

Left-Back

Left-Winger

Centre Midfield player (to compete with JOC)

Guest utOwlz

I am very happy with the three signings we have made this week.

I think they will improve our team and do well in League 1.

If I were A.I. I would be looking for:

1 Foward (Target Man)

Left-Back

Left-Winger

Centre Midfield player (to compete with JOC)

Agree, that would take us to 7 signings and id be happy with that to be honest, im not really expecting 8 new signings anyway.

I think a little perspective is needed for those who are les than happy with the signings.

The last time we found ourselves in this posisiton we signed the likes of Dean Smith and Jon Beswetherick.....

These are 3 excellent signings and I'm feeling more optimistic by the day!!!

Edited by hirstysboots

I think Sedgewick is a top signing - would have been very happy at Championship level so for him to be prepared to drop a league is very pleasing.

Don't know a great deal about Otsemobor, other than he impressed at Crewe. Bit concerned that he's been released by both Norwich & Southampton recently, but on paper he sounds an exciting full back.

Pleased about Heffernan too - proven goalscorer at this level and I've always been impressed with his finishing & composure in front of goal. Younger than I thought he was too.

So far so good.

Pleasantly surprised, especially if we hang on to such as JJ etc, but i doubt all the main players of last season will be staying, the squad as it stands at the moment certainly looks strong enough to more than compete in league 1.

Winning games in whichever league is all Owls fans want at the minute, and a sure way of getting the crowds in at Hillsborough is to win more games, and be competing for summatt.

Investment is best left as dead in the water as it seems, and we can gird our wotsits and hope to do it the hard way, the fans have proved time and time again they are up for it, lets hope we have a team with as much passion next season,these two factors aligned Wednesday will be able to compete with the best in this sh*thole of a division...and get out of it as soon as possible

People are going way over the top for me what we have done is bring a set off average players in,so much for building a side who could compete in the championship we won't get out off this league unless it is the league 2 route next season could prove to be a total disaster.

I'm not overly impressed with the signings either, rob...........but ffs lighten up.

Sedgwick is a class buy, the others a bit so-so, but you need a squad too. Just hope we make 3 or 4 more buys and hold onto the bul of the squad we have now. Think the possibe best buy we could of made has gone though, Esajas would have been awesome in this league; shame we'll never know for sure

Doesn't matter who we sign they still have to do it for our club. Some players can make a big name for themselves at a particular club and then move to a new club and flop. We have a recent history of turning big-named decent players into cack players.

Good solid signings.. Ideal for our league 1 promotion campaign.

Not world beaters, but above average signings. Just need solid new CM/CF and a couple of youngsters, then I will be happy.

Irvine has got a good policy.. proven steady players who have championship experience - right age Late 20's to give us their best years of service with experiance.

Also capable of playing most of the matches throughout a season.. no injury worries.. (although this will probaby be the jinx)..

I can still see one or two leaving next week - particularly Tudgay.. but if they don't I hope they get a kick up the arse to start performing to their potential..

A winning team breads confidence and JJ / Tudgay are confidence players..