Fewer numbers -higher quality.

Just watched the latest interview where he said he would rather get in fewer players who are versatile to enable him to spend higher wages and get better quality.

I reckon we're looking at 2-3 more players, Parkin being one of them.

Happy days if true.

Guest jimbob

Just watched the latest interview where he said he would rather get in fewer players who are versatile to enable him to spend higher wages and get better quality.

Happy days if true.

Jon "Versatile" Parkin?

Happy days if true.

It might not mean we will sign better quality. It might mean we can't sign the 6-8 players most are expecting.

We will see.

Guest becauseofboxingday

Happy days if true.

Other than the fact that most fans would like him and Irvine has managed him I don't see why fans are persisting with Parkin.

Irvine has made it clear he has no funds available for transfer fees. Parkin will definitely command a transfer fee. Surely that is the end of it.

I agree that Irvine is likely to go for a target man. It has to be a player out of contract. The obvious candidate would appear to be Ben Burgess.

Most other suggestions are just wishful thinking.

Happy days if true.

Paid for by what though mate?

Im not having a dig I just want to know how people think we are going to sign him when we have NO MONEY and AI has said we will not be paying a fee for anyone?

Im not having a dig I just want to know how people think we are going to sign him when we have NO MONEY and AI has said we will not be paying a fee for anyone?

I'm going by the rumours we are hearing and surmising that Preston are prepared to let him go for free to get him off the wage bill to get in different players of their own.

If this is not the case then yes, it probably won't happen.

If versatility is the criteria, then surely we can tempt Bully out of retirement for a final season at league one and another promotion campaign? Encompassing another foray in between the sticks ?

Happy days if true.

Is this the interview on the OS?

Was wondering what he was saying. Any news on when the next new signings will be?

5 or 6 players instead of 8, save perhaps 4k x 3 x 52 = 624k (in my head!) - simples!

I'd say we need at least a left back, left winger a forward, possibly another winger that can play either side and maybe another centre mid or central defender. It depends if AI see's Boden, Palmer and Modest as first team squad members next season and would use them. So far

Goalkeepers

Grant

O'Donnell

Jameson

Defenders

Otsemobor

Buxton

Hinds

Beevers

Purse

Spurr

Midfielders

Sedgwick

Potter

Miller

O'Connor

JJ

Boden?

Palmer?

Forwards

Tudgay

Heffernan

Modest?

Guest utOwlz

Is this the interview on the OS?

Was wondering what he was saying. Any news on when the next new signings will be?

He also mentioned we have missed out on a couple of players that went elsewhere, wonder who he means?