FAO Deejayone / SWFC

My son came home from school in Worksop with a training letter from the SUFC Pig academy for football training on Saturday Mornings.

Are we missing a trick here. The 5 / 6 year olds they are targetting will maybe want to become grunters.

Why arnt SWFC doing a the same scheme.

By the way the letter went straight in the bin.

James

How proactive are we in scouting the age group 5-8 year olds? A couple of lads that play for our team have just been on a soccer camp and been invited to the academy sessions on Saturdays at United. We also have some lads at Rotherhams school of excellence but I have not come across Wednesday's radar at any of our games or experienced any of our opponents discussing that they have players training with Wednesday's . I know there is also the problem of Manchester United and Manchester City at Stocksbridge which is on our doorstep. School holidays are only a small part of the year and in between other clubs can pick up the better players. I understand there is a cost to all of this which we may not be able to fund at the moment, but would be interested to know what the set up is.

James

How proactive are we in scouting the age group 5-8 year olds? A couple of lads that play for our team have just been on a soccer camp and been invited to the academy sessions on Saturdays at United. We also have some lads at Rotherhams school of excellence but I have not come across Wednesday's radar at any of our games or experienced any of our opponents discussing that they have players training with Wednesday's . I know there is also the problem of Manchester United and Manchester City at Stocksbridge which is on our doorstep. School holidays are only a small part of the year and in between other clubs can pick up the better players. I understand there is a cost to all of this which we may not be able to fund at the moment, but would be interested to know what the set up is.

Not really my department mate, but I understand that scouts are fairly active at all age levels within the region as a whole. I'll ask the question more in depth when I'm back in the office next week for you.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

My son came home from school in Worksop with a training letter from the SUFC Pig academy for football training on Saturday Mornings.

Are we missing a trick here. The 5 / 6 year olds they are targetting will maybe want to become grunters.

Why arnt SWFC doing a the same scheme.

By the way the letter went straight in the bin.

I would guess that :

If United are recruiting and targeting schools in a certain area then it would make sense that we target different set of schools, which is probably the reason you have herd nothing from US.

http://www.youngowls.com/

I was talking to a mate the other day about someone he knows at an academy who is 8 years old. Good little player but after a game his team he had played in the coach had thrown his dummy out and stormed off. In the changing rooms afterwards he then accused the 8 year old of being fat and needed to lose some weight. if you saw him there is more fat on a chip. Anyone who attends any FA courses will know that the FA are all about getting kids involved, keeping them involved even after finishing playing encouraging them to get into coaching. They certainly would not tolerate this type of thing which amounts to emotional bullying. Its a sad state of affairs when "we must win at all costs" comes into under 9's football.

I was talking to a mate the other day about someone he knows at an academy who is 8 years old. Good little player but after a game his team he had played in the coach had thrown his dummy out and stormed off. In the changing rooms afterwards he then accused the 8 year old of being fat and needed to lose some weight. if you saw him there is more fat on a chip. Anyone who attends any FA courses will know that the FA are all about getting kids involved, keeping them involved even after finishing playing encouraging them to get into coaching. They certainly would not tolerate this type of thing which amounts to emotional bullying. Its a sad state of affairs when "we must win at all costs" comes into under 9's football.

That's shocking if true and absolutely doesn't happen at Sheffield Wednesday's academy.

Nail on head,

Young uns should be encouraged at all times, they are only kids for god sake.

I also like how the Dutch operate, in which they play the young ones in every positiion, instead of the strikers to my right routine where everyone ends up as a striker :rolleyes:

This way maybe Valadine Oliver may have started out as a forward and not a CB, hence potentially making him better than he is.

Ps... If anyone said that to my boy, I would break their flipping legs!! :angry: