Another One on the Way

i'll be delighted if we sign nolan.

nolan beevers purse spurr

with otsomebor, buxton and hinds as cover, would be a very strong defence in league 1.

You just used the words Otsemobor, Buxton and Hinds in the same sentence as "very strong defence" :biggrin:

I've just never seen it done before.

Don't get me wrong I think Nolan will be a great signing but I'm sure the real need for strikers would be a priority especially as a good signing there could boost season ticket sales.

Aren't strikers the hardest breed to tie down, agree terms with and bring in for any club... it's always seemed that way to me and hence I'm in no way concerned at this point in the closed season.

I'm off until next Thursday.

However, the press team are still there...

RIght, I take that as confirmation that Varney, Parkin, Heffernan, Petrov and Henfleet will all sign tomorrow.

Thanks DJ1!

I've been away from the wonderful wacky world of Owlstalk for a week.

Am I correct in thinking the following has happened during this week ? -

~Bills have rode into town with their mates and a sack full of cash.

~Crystal Palace went bust and we are a Championship club.

~Jon Parkin has signed.

~CardiffOwl has posted poo .

Guest intercity0wl

I've been away from the wonderful wacky world of Owlstalk for a week.

Am I correct in thinking the following has happened during this week ? -

~Bills have rode into town with their mates and a sack full of cash.

~Crystal Palace went bust and we are a Championship club.

~Jon Parkin has signed.

~CardiffOwl has posted poo .

You are wrong with the last one mate.

I'm torn between who I'd prefer it to be if the rumour is true and its either Nolan or Varney.

I really liked Nolan and he would be a great signing for us in the Championship, let alone League 1 - but then again Varney would score goals in this Division and we need a striker.

Out of the two I'd be happier if we signed Nolan I think.

i'll be delighted if we sign nolan.

nolan beevers purse spurr

with otsomebor, buxton and hinds as cover, would be a very strong defence in league 1.

I doubt Ai will be signing players with the intention of them being back up squad players.

He's trying to build a team. We're years away from building a squad.

Who's left on the list....maybe we'll sign one a day until they're all in

Ostemobor

Nolan

Sedgwick

Jones

Varney

Parkin

Heffernan

If all these do sign we will be right up there and fingers crossed should shift a few more season tickets if not we should see big matchday walk ups if we're challenging

Ritchie Jones would be my guess.

Guest Sheff Owl

Alan Irvine has said today on RS that we wont be signing anyone who is 'IN CONTRACT'...so let's just forget about Varney, Nolan and Parkin.

Rotherham reckon theyve tied up a deal for Ritchie Jones. Why he would turn down Hartlepool for toytown is beyond me. He would be a very average signing for us.

We need a hard nut in middle of pitch in the mould of Carlton Palmer, athletic, aggressive, ball winner. Jones is similar to what we have in Miller, Potter, Joc, Boden etc.

If we are to sign anyone today i expect Nolan/Varney or Parkin ( who id be ecstatic with)

Given what AI has said about JJ, that he can be awesome in this division, I'm assuming he will be one of the first names on the team sheet. I expect both the new boys to link up down the right side and given the managers dislike of playing with two out and out wingers, will it be JJ plus one other up front? If so who would be the right partner? It won't be Tudgay even if he were to stay, which I think is unlikely, so what type of player are we looking at? Well first of all, they have to be available on a free, able to lead the line and score goals. Also to bring JJ's pace into play they need to be not only good in the air but also technically good enough to play him in behind the defence with those deft little flicks. One player who springs to mind, is Stern John. Although he's getting on a bit now he ticks all the right boxes and would certainly be good enough at this level.