Another One on the Way

Guest DSC_UK

Nolan?

Hope so

Do we still need defenders? I know we need cover on the left but can't Buxton do a job there if pushed? Surley there are much bigger gaps in the side such as strikers?

Do we still need defenders? I know we need cover on the left but can't Buxton do a job there if pushed? Surley there are much bigger gaps in the side such as strikers?

I think Nolan would add real depth to the defence. An injury to Spurr/Buxton and we'd be severely short on numbers. Hinds shouldnt be used at full back and should be the central defender covering.

We need to double up in each position. Two right backs (New lad/Buxton) Two left backs (Nolan/Spurr). Obviously Buxton and Nolan can play on either side and both are capable centrally. Adding that further defender will give us real depth in defence.

Guest Manwithastick

owlstalk has gone (even more) bipolar. I know we are now 3rd tier and we can't attract Rooney and Lampard, but flip me, we sign a journeyman winger and a truly dogshit defender and everyone's so overjoyed they've started a circle-jerk. chuck the least inspiring striker

we could imagine into the mix and i'm glad i at least know just how depressed i am about it all still.

I think Nolan would add real depth to the defence. An injury to Spurr/Buxton and we'd be severely short on numbers. Hinds shouldnt be used at full back and should be the central defender covering.

We need to double up in each position. Two right backs (New lad/Buxton) Two left backs (Nolan/Spurr). Obviously Buxton and Nolan can play on either side and both are capable centrally. Adding that further defender will give us real depth in defence.

This.

What people don't seem to get is that if two defenders get injured at the same time, then we would be really short on cover. Yes, Buxton can cover left back if Spurrs out, but not if Otsemebor is also out - can't play left back and right back at the same time. Hinds can then play right back, but then we would have no defenders on the bench.

Nolan would fit the bill perfectly.

Guest Deleted member

Cheer up Jim.

Abandon all hope and embrace our shitness and you will be happier in life. Worse things could happen...

In all seriousness - if we can all stop pinning our hopes on a premiership return that isn't going to happen in the foreseeable future, embrace the fact that we are destined for more of the same crap whilever the club remains under the control of the 3 stooges - and look forward to matchdays for the companionship of likeminded individuals - people who can laugh at our problems rather than get heated about them and enjoy a pint pre and post match - we will all enjoy our football far more.

Apathy - its really the way forward...

Edited by Deleted member

It'll be a surprise to Jose, cos i've just made the bugger up, like everything else on here.

:laugh:

I'm guessing this thread is on the basis of BBC Radio Sheffield's Rob Staton saying on Facebook that another is on the way today...

Edited by Chris E

owlstalk has gone (even more) bipolar. I know we are now 3rd tier and we can't attract Rooney and Lampard, but flip me, we sign a journeyman winger and a truly dogshit defender and everyone's so overjoyed they've started a circle-jerk. chuck the least inspiring striker

we could imagine into the mix and i'm glad i at least know just how depressed i am about it all still.

I wouldn't descrive Sedgewick as a "Journeyman" - he's played a lot in the Championship for Preston and has only had two clubs.

Agree with Otsemobor though - he is garbage.

I wouldn't descrive Sedgewick as a "Journeyman" - he's played a lot in the Championship for Preston and has only had two clubs.

Agree with Otsemobor though - he is garbage.

I might be wrong mate but I thought Journeyman meant someone who is alright but just never achieves anything special. Richard Hinds is a journeyman for example. Technically decent enough at football but will never excel.

I might be wrong mate but I thought Journeyman meant someone who is alright but just never achieves anything special. Richard Hinds is a journeyman for example. Technically decent enough at football but will never excel.

You are wrong. A journeyman is somebody who has played for a lot of clubs.

Somebody who hasn't played for a lot of clubs and have achieved nothing, are known as 'crap'.

I think there are two possible definitions - the one that you outline above, and one that states a Journeyman is someone who undertakes very short periods of work for various different employers.

Certainly, that is how I see it applied to Footballers eg Steve Claridge - they ultimate Journeyman having played for about 90* different clubs.

* slight exageration :happy:

Guest DSC_UK

Don't get me wrong I think Nolan will be a great signing but I'm sure the real need for strikers would be a priority especially as a good signing there could boost season ticket sales.