stop slating potter!!!

Guest CDswfc

Guest geoffo

The biggest problem i have with Potter that apart from perhaps EE, he was probably the most technically capable player at the club. He has all the right attributes to be a very good centre midfielder.

There were one or two games over the last two seasons where we've seen this (PNE away for example). His biggest flaw is that he doesn't have the balls/nerve/confidence (call it what you will) to take the game by the scruff of the neck and dictate the game. He has the ability, but on far too many occasions he just shys away from the game, fails to offer himself for the ball, then when he does, looks to give a nothing ball.

People slate Buxton and Spurr but for me, they were/are bog standard players who were playing out of form last season - you couldn't really question their attitude. Potter on the other hand has all the attributes but just didn't look to apply himself. The same could be said for Tudgay, Clarke, EE etc.... These players deserve to be critised because we quite rightly expected more from them.

That said, the new season is a fresh start for me, Potter will get my backing with me fully expecting him to put in the shifts this coming season. If he doesn't then he will be getting ripped again!!

Agree, Potter has all the attributes but seems to need his head fixing. Could do so much more. Let's hope he can shine in League 1. Personally I was v disappointed with JOC's contribs alongside - happy to let Potter try to make it happen while he chased (and rarely caught anyone).

Guest WaddleIsALegend

As most of you know I really am a get behind the team and don't slag people off kinda guy. Honestly though he is awful.

Guest Blue&WhiteBen

Possession is key and Potter was pretty handy keeping possession and controlling the play but no some people expect gun-ho football, ridiculous.

how does passing it backwards for purse to lampoon it up the feel help "retain possession" exactly?

Guest wadsgod

Potter? no one told me we had a player named Potter. Have we just signed him, hope he's a good player, who did he play for last season and can he take corners because that useless tvvat who was taking them last season was f**ing crap :biggrin:

I'd say, out of the regulars and therefore excluded the likes of Jeffers et al, Darren Potter was the SINGLE reason we went down.

How he kept being picked and never subbed is flipping beyond me.

Officially the least enjoyable player to watch in a life time.

I serously hope someone offers to take him off our hands, even without a fee.

TossPotter = SH!T

Guest owls_4_life

why are we all so adament on slating potter. ??? he was the only player apart from spurr who actuallly wanted the ball, he passes it well, he has a great technical ability, one the best in the squad.. he has an eye for goal. he can take set pieces. . he didnt have the best of seasons we know, but he can do a good job for us next year? thoughts????

The sub-title to this thread should be 'what has the boy done right'.

He is utter garbage, in every way. One of the passengers of last season who must take a lot of the responsibility for going down. He made JoC do the work of two midfielders. He can't get corners to go past the front post, he can't run with the ball, he can't pass forward, he hardly ever gets a free kick on target let alone to trouble the keeper. If he starts every game again this season then my faith in AI will evaporate. Started every game last season along with Spurr and look where we are now.

I was with Arthur Bach last summer. I still cringe when I think about the wasted oppoutunity to rebuild our midfield last season.

The Potter love in's on here were embarassing.

He was shocking.

Trouble is I think AI will still play him.

He's got little choice really.

Guest Sniper1

I'd say, out of the regulars and therefore excluded the likes of Jeffers et al, Darren Potter was the SINGLE reason we went down.

How he kept being picked and never subbed is flipping beyond me.

Officially the least enjoyable player to watch in a life time.

I serously hope someone offers to take him off our hands, even without a fee.

TossPotter = SH!T

Load of flippingshite, let me guess, you have never played football and you have never watched a match.

:blush:

Guest Sniper1

Not easy to do but everyone is a new player for me again next season they all get a chance to impress as it certainly wont help if crowd jump on his back after 1 game.

This...

We always have to have a scapegoat, No Jeffers, No Clarke, lets target Potter because it did the world of good to these 2 lads.

:angry:

Time to move on, we have a small squad, we need everyone on fire next season, lets give them all our support like we are supposed to,

WE WILL ACHIEVE NOTHING IF WE HOLD LAST SEASON AGAINST THE CURRENT SQUAD OF PLAYERS/MANAGER.

I think he fooked us up big time last season

but funnily enough, I can see Irvine start him, even if he foooking signs xavi, iniesta, fabregas, gerrard and lampard.

wouldn't put it past potter to have a good season tho, then everyone will love him :angry:

Utterly ridiculous comments about this guy sometimes.

Every time this debate crops up its the same argument - he doesnt play a killer pass every time. Hardly helps him when no bugger could

be bothered making a forward run all season. At least he is prepared to play with the ball on the floor, never panics and keeps possession.

Considering how many of you are howling about Irvines hoofball tactics, its pretty ironic that our one gifted ballplayer is being made a scapegoat..

I personally think he will be much better in a team that actually attacks, and with someone upfront that is prepared to run forward he might have something to aim for this season.

Utterly ridiculous comments about this guy sometimes.

Every time this debate crops up its the same argument - he doesnt play a killer pass every time. Hardly helps him when no bugger could

be bothered making a forward run all season. At least he is prepared to play with the ball on the floor, never panics and keeps possession.

Considering how many of you are howling about Irvines hoofball tactics, its pretty ironic that our one gifted ballplayer is being made a scapegoat..

I personally think he will be much better in a team that actually attacks, and with someone upfront that is prepared to run forward he might have something to aim for this season.

Cant tackle, cant attack, cant defend, doesnt track back, cant head (for a guy that is 6' + this is amazing), cant run has no pace, cant shoot, awful scoring record, and cant pass.

Hope I didnt miss anything, apart from this Potter is class.