stop slating potter!!!

Guest CDswfc

Guest CDswfc

why are we all so adament on slating potter. ??? he was the only player apart from spurr who actuallly wanted the ball, he passes it well, he has a great technical ability, one the best in the squad.. he has an eye for goal. he can take set pieces. . he didnt have the best of seasons we know, but he can do a good job for us next year? thoughts????

Guest CDswfc

Srsly, I don't mind Potter as much as most, but perhaps it's because we got rumbleing relegated while he was a 1st team regular that people get on his back? Just a thought, like?

tommy spurr played nearly every game, so did grant, but they are seen as saints and swfc til they die.... ye????? they went down too

Look Darren don't take it personally, it's just the fact that out of a poo poo bunch, you were a bit more poo poo than most. Not only that but you aren't helped by the fact that when you signed a fair few people expected you to do pretty well.

Better luck this coming season mate.

tommy spurr played nearly every game, so did grant, but they are seen as saints and swfc til they die.... ye????? they went down too

Spurrs been slated nearly as much as Potter and Grant actually played well so I don't see why he'd get slated?

As for Potter though, he gets slated because he's poo poo

why are we all so adament on slating potter. ??? he was the only player apart from spurr who actuallly wanted the ball, he passes it well, he has a great technical ability, one the best in the squad.. he has an eye for goal. he can take set pieces. . he didnt have the best of seasons we know, but he can do a good job for us next year? thoughts????

I agree he gets quite a bit of stick, SOME unjustified, but you lost credibility just about here. His free kicks were fairly woeful on the whole last season and he has scored 5 goals in 136 appearances, on average less than 1, yes 1, per season. That's some eye for goal!

'Best centre mid in the Championship' I heard people saying at the start of last season.

He's no world beater, but I do think he's our best centre midfielder. I know we've got Miller but it's an unfair comparison as we've seen virtually flip all of him to judge against Potter.

His signing was over-hyped, like a lot of things last season.

Guest domSWFC

why are we all so adament on slating]potter. ??? he was the only player apart from spurr who actuallly wanted the ball, he passes it well, he has a great technical ability, one the best in the squad.. he has an eye for goal. he can take set pieces. . he didnt have the best of seasons we know, but he can do a good job for us next year? thoughts????

I think you're getting mixed up....I think have you been watching Lampard playing for Chelsea, instead of Potter for us. Easy mistake to make, both wear blue, and the stadiums they play in have blue seats.

Edited by domSWFC

Seriously you are kidding right??

The guy is one of the biggest passengers I've ever seen in a blue and white shirt last season. I lost count of the amount of games that passed him by and cannot believe that Laws was gulible to pay a fee for him.

I don't believe this part.

As soon as he got it, he passed it backwards...

I'm trying to think of anything useful that our so called creative flair player actually did last season.

Goals scored - 3

Assists - very few

Pointless passes to fullbacks - 8,319

Passed ball forwards - 2

Tackles won - 0

Tackles bottled - 55,814

Number of league games spent sitting in a deckchair in centre circle - 46

So tell me, what does he actually do?

Guest domSWFC

I'm trying to think of anything useful that our so called creative flair player actually did last season.

Goals scored - 3

Assists - very few

Passed ball forwards - 2

Tackles won - 0

Tackles bottled - 55,814

Did he bring the deckchair himself of did the club supply it?

Goals scored - 3

Assists - very few

Passed ball forwards - 2

Tackles won - 0

Tackles bottled - 55,814

Class, especially the last one!! :laugh::laugh::laugh: