As fans, let's set our own target next season!

Guest Barry Chuckle

Guest Barry Chuckle

I've been thinking for a while if it would be possible to sell out every league 1 ground. So for every away fixture, we should try to sell out the allocated number of tickets given by the opposing club. For sure we will sell out big games such as Huddersfield and close games like Notts County. As alot of games are down south all the owls supporters within that region should make an extra effort. I'm not sure if this has ever been achieved by a league 1 club before? Would we be the first ever league 1 club to sell out every away game? Surely it would make the news and it would show to all the other clubs, that we are not turning our back on the club, when it needs support!

Up The Owls!

Only just started going to away games again, I'm hoping to manage a fair few this season. I'd love to go to a few of the grounds that I haven't been to like, MK Dons, Southampton, Yeovil, Huddersfield, but any long journey must be on a weekend.

I hope the fixture computer throws up a decent trip to seal promotion, something like needing a point at Southampton with 4 or 5 games to go, we can make a weekend of it.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest geoffo

Could not agree more.

Scoring away from home, and the immediate atmosphere after the goal, is the best feeling in the world.

Ah, THAT'S what I missed at Reading past 2 years!

Just let's hope fixture list sends us to the south coast on Saturdays in August and April.

Guest intercity0wl

Can't beat away games!!!

Agree and if things go well this season there will be a few peeps who refused to get a S/T for whatever reason who will be watching sales of limited away Tickkets very closely hoping they get to geneal sale to pick one up.

Edited by intercity0wl

Did not make many away last year...its a bit difficult working shifts and tend to have to make sure i'm eother off or have an early shift for the home games, even then i missed a couple and got in late for a few...

but got to a helluva lot away last time we were down with the dead men in league one...

I agree there is nowt like nicking a winner away from home...the celebration is totally different than a home match...my favourite was away at Bournemouth, bloody awful game 1-0 down, corner in the last minute of injury time, all that beckoned was a fookin' mighty trek home with bugger all....but (and i may be wrong here).?.Heckingbottom?.... nodded it in at the far post....and me and the lad went absolutely fookin' mental..We had been divided by a piece of red sellotape from a few Bournemouth fans who had been giving it large since they scored...we had been shoved from pillar to post because Bournemouth had sold Owls fans more tickets than they had flipping seats, and stewards had been trolling round asking Owls fans to sit, when there was patently nowhere to bleedin' sit, we were sat in the aisles, on each others fvckin' knees...and even squattin' in front of the first row...but that goal made up for it all...the bloody "Shed" song and the "bounce" song at the end of that game was absolutely awesome, as the Bournemouth fans headed for the exits tryin' not to look...turned from a bloody awful day out into a laugh and a half that game did...loved it!

Agree and if things go well this season there will be a few peeps who refused to get a S/T for whatever reason who will be watching sales of limited away Tickkets very closely hoping they get to geneal sale to pick one up.

A good reason to get a ST. Cannot see a lot of the grounds getting to general sale.

Did not make many away last year...its a bit difficult working shifts and tend to have to make sure i'm eother off or have an early shift for the home games, even then i missed a couple and got in late for a few...

but got to a helluva lot away last time we were down with the dead men in league one...

I agree there is nowt like nicking a winner away from home...the celebration is totally different than a home match...my favourite was away at Bournemouth, bloody awful game 1-0 down, corner in the last minute of injury time, all that beckoned was a fookin' mighty trek home with bugger all....but (and i may be wrong here).?.Heckingbottom?.... nodded it in at the far post....and me and the lad went absolutely fookin' mental..We had been divided by a piece of red sellotape from a few Bournemouth fans who had been giving it large since they scored...we had been shoved from pillar to post because Bournemouth had sold Owls fans more tickets than they had flipping seats, and stewards had been trolling round asking Owls fans to sit, when there was patently nowhere to bleedin' sit, we were sat in the aisles, on each others fvckin' knees...and even squattin' in front of the first row...but that goal made up for it all...the bloody "Shed" song and the "bounce" song at the end of that game was absolutely awesome, as the Bournemouth fans headed for the exits tryin' not to look...turned from a bloody awful day out into a laugh and a half that game did...loved it!

Excellent :) Never been to B'mouth but will be there this year all being well....

I seriously cannot us see selling out away at Yeovil/Exeter on a tuesday night?

Especially in the middle of winter.

I can speak for three at those,and will be getting as many as possible to these games u.t.o. :rolleyes:

Guest intercity0wl

I seriously cannot us see selling out away at Yeovil/Exeter on a tuesday night?

Especially in the middle of winter.

Two here who will be going to both, regardless of day, month or Weather, as im sure many more will be.

I've been thinking for a while if it would be possible to sell out every league 1 ground. So for every away fixture, we should try to sell out the allocated number of tickets given by the opposing club. For sure we will sell out big games such as Huddersfield and close games like Notts County. As alot of games are down south all the owls supporters within that region should make an extra effort. I'm not sure if this has ever been achieved by a league 1 club before? Would we be the first ever league 1 club to sell out every away game? Surely it would make the news and it would show to all the other clubs, that we are not turning our back on the club, when it needs support!

Up The Owls!

How about setting a target of selling out at home at least once in the season. First home match maybe.