Terry Henfleet

Guest bartos

Guest bartos

Can someone explain/confirm all the references?

Reading between the lines I'm guessing he's a fictional player that has caused embarrasment to the media at some time?

When was it and what were the circumstances? I'm also guessing it was instigated by someone from OT?

Edited by bartos

Mostly right, but the name was on other football boards before OT iirc.

He's been in the news recently buying an iPad, and Thompson linked us with him last summer. The idiot. :biggrin:

Edited by Owlsfan

Guest Deleted member

Ive had it from a good source that Kevin Blackwell has tabled an 11th hour bid to ****** Terry away from us - he won't be signing I'm afraid.

Mostly right, but the name was on other football boards before OT iirc.

He's been in the news recently buying an iPad, and Thompson linked us with him last summer. The idiot. :biggrin:

Take it from me, it wasn't on other sites before OT

He has been ridiculously overhyped in my view. But I reckon he could deffo do a job for us in this division. A mate of mine knows somebody on the coaching staff who told him that Terry has massive potential so long as he works hard at his game. Let's not get carried away.

He's said today he's happy with sedgewick signing. Fancies getting on the end of his balls or summat. flip Blackwell, he's signing for us. Nailed on. He'll get 25 goals minimum next season and that's all he wants to do, score goals.

Not a patch on McCokerson though!

Ididn't realise that the Star had actually had it stuffed up them again

« links for 2010-05-27links for 2010-06-06 »Newspaper gets spoofed by Terry Henfleet. Again!

By sarahhartley

He strikes, he scores! Yes the fictional creation of a Sheffield footie fans forum has now found himself geek form and been featured in The Star, Sheffield as one of the city’s first purchasers of an iPad.

Terry Henfleet first came to the attention of The Star’s football pages when a spoof piece posted at the owlstalk forum concerning his ‘signing’ from Stoke was picked up and published as fact.

Since that time, an accompanying picture composite of Thierry Henry’s head, a fat bloke’s midrif and a pair of chicken legs for feet has, I’m told, vanished into internet mythology……..

Both Stoke and Sheffield Wednesday fans kept the gag running with a Twitter stream, Facebook page and various postings on forums.

But this weekend Terry reappeared wearing a geek shirt and proudly outing himself as one of Sheffield’s Apple fan boys.

In a piece posted on the Star’s website yesterday, news reporter Mike Russell writes;

“First in the Sheffield queue was 33-year-old Terry Henfleet, from Dinnington, who had been at the Apple store since 5am.

He said: “I actually had an iPad pre-ordered, but I decided to get up at 4.30am and come down to buy one for research – at least, that’s what I’m telling myself.”

And there’s a lovely picture of the guy with his prized possession too, prompting owlstalk to claim an exclusive on the first picture!

What happens to Terry next? Who knows, perhaps he’s due an appearance in the business pages before life in the fast lane finally takes its toll and the inevitable obituary is published.

Pathetic journalism init! :rolleyes:

Guest Ripley Owl

:

Ive had it from a good source that Kevin Blackwell has tabled an 11th hour bid to ****** Terry away from us - he won't be signing I'm afraid.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: