Owls In Norwich

Guest Jack-

Guest Jack-

I'm worried I might be the only one!! Yup. I lived in Norwich all my life, but I'm Wednesday till I die. Living in Norwich, it's difficult for me to see games. In the last 3 seasons, I've seen 3 games.

Being still a teen, these are the only 3 Wednesday matches I've seen!! My second match was ment to be the game against Norwich, which saw Dion Dublin retire, and the team secure themselves from relegation. Which they did with a 4-1 victory. But the games I've seen in chronological order are:

Norwich 0 - 1 Wednesday (Carrow Road)

Wednesday 3 - 2 Norwich (Hillsborough)

And then Norwich got relegated, then we did. So it looks like another season of missing out on a Wednesday Game! :mad:

Jack-

Jack - as my settings suggest, I am a Norfolk Owl, living in Wymondham. There are a few of us around these parts, I bumped into a couple of dozen when we played Ipswich earleier in the season.

Like you I dont get to many games, probably a half dozen or so each season and not all at home.

You never know, we may get enough together to hire a minibus, although i suspect we can all travel in a car!

Regards

Rick, i don't suppose you're the gentleman who me and my mum have met a few times whilst travelling to games on the train? Ipswich and P'Boro last season off the top of my head? I seem to remember that the Wednesday fan we met got on at Wymondham, although i could be wrong. It would seem to fit, because i don't suppose Wymondham is packed with Owls fans. :biggrin:

In reply to the OP, i'm quite obviously (as you may have guessed already!) a Norwich Owl, along with my mum, and probably another dozen dotted here and there around the city via work/sunday league football etc

There's more than you think- i had the shock of my life when we first moved down here, to find that my new next door neighbour was a Wednesday fan, although sadly he's since passed away. I know quite a few Leeds fans as well, although i'v never met a single Blade or Dingle as of yet. One of my old teachers was from Sheffield but was a Chessie fan. :st2:

Rick, i don't suppose you're the gentleman who me and my mum have met a few times whilst travelling to games on the train? Ipswich and P'Boro last season off the top of my head? I seem to remember that the Wednesday fan we met got on at Wymondham, although i could be wrong. It would seem to fit, because i don't suppose Wymondham is packed with Owls fans. :biggrin:

In reply to the OP, i'm quite obviously (as you may have guessed already!) a Norwich Owl, along with my mum, and probably another dozen dotted here and there around the city via work/sunday league football etc

There's more than you think- i had the shock of my life when we first moved down here, to find that my new next door neighbour was a Wednesday fan, although sadly he's since passed away. I know quite a few Leeds fans as well, although i'v never met a single Blade or Dingle as of yet. One of my old teachers was from Sheffield but was a Chessie fan. :st2:

Yep - guilty! I would never have guessed that you didn't live in Sheffield - seen a number of your posts and you seem to be so well informed, else have a handy knack of appearing to be ;-)

I am (peversely) looking forward to next season - maybe to see us winning a few matches and (of course) dominating the noice at the grounds we visit. I can remember visiting Brentford a few years ago - probabaly the most depressing place in the UK, aside from Goole

Keep in touch - regards

'TheBeeversBoy' - if my memory serves me correctly, you are taking your A-levels about now. GOOD LUCK! Hope you get the grades for the placement you were looking for at Sheffield University

:biggrin:

A worthy attempt but just a bit out...i did my A- levels last summer, got into Sheffield Uni, and then after all my hard work getting my dream placement, the course i was studying turned out to be absolute rubbish so i left at about Xmas to reapply. (Just goes to show how the best plans are always the first to fail given that i had been planning everything for 18 months beforehand.)

I was intending to go to Manchester, but having since found myself a pretty good job, i'm now going to study part time at the UEA (oh the shame!) and then keep my job part time as well.

I think you had a daughter who was doing her A-levels? Everything going/gone well for her?

There are quite a few Owls around Norfolk. My family are all wednesdayites, Sheffield born but exiled in Norfolk, living in Sheringham, Norwich & Wymondham (Rick you may spot him around town, he has Owl stickers in his car window).

I also know of a few more, there's another lad up here in Sheringham (season ticket holder) & also another Norwich family I know who are also season ticket holders, credit to them for making that commitment. I also see Owl stickers in cars around Norfolk & Norwich quite often.

With other commitments I struggle to get to too many games, managed about half dozen last year, although me Dad for his sins got to a fair few more - his post match phone calls were quite depressing last season! I'm looking forward to next season now, squad is starting to take shape & there are quite a few away games easily reachable from Norfolk! I'm hoping there'll be a 3rd generation Owl in our family making his Hillsborough debut next season.

Rick - a seem to remember a 'Wymondham Owls' flag at the play off final in Cardiff - was that you?

Someone mentioned a minibus in a previous thread, you never know could happen one day!

Biggsy Owl - the Wymondham Owls flag wasn't me, but I was at Cardiff and made a long weekend of it with my brother. We needed the extra days to recover from partying before & after the match, dont hink I was fit to drive for a day or so!!

I have seen the Owls car stickers around Wymondham - so am aware that there are more of us about. Maybe it would be good to get a minibus together for a game next season - let's see what the fixture list looks like and see what we can organise. Equally, when we play Peterborough, we could all arrange to meet on a nominated train from Norwich? Hopefully there are no hooligans in our midst - although good and friendly banter and passion is always welcome.

Perversley - looking forward to next season - some reasonable signings so far and the hope of more to come

Carpe Diem - (The BoyBeevers - yes my daughter is finishing her A levels this year - good memory - so I have been helping her with last minute studying/testing - hence the rather pretensious comment)

Regards to all

UTO

I'm worried I might be the only one!! Yup. I lived in Norwich all my life, but I'm Wednesday till I die. Living in Norwich, it's difficult for me to see games. In the last 3 seasons, I've seen 3 games.

Being still a teen, these are the only 3 Wednesday matches I've seen!! My second match was ment to be the game against Norwich, which saw Dion Dublin retire, and the team secure themselves from relegation. Which they did with a 4-1 victory. But the games I've seen in chronological order are:

Wednesday 3 - 2 Norwich (Hillsborough)

And then Norwich got relegated, then we did. So it looks like another season of missing out on a Wednesday Game! :mad:

Jack-

Its all their fault we were relegated - we could always rely on 6 points from Norwich and the above proves it!

I lived for a year in North Walsham :Dark unsure: although now settled back in Sheffield - it wasn't easy being the only Owls fan there, still visit now and again and recently saw a car with a blades sticker. :ph34r:

There seem to be quite a few Norwich / Wednesday combo families, particularly in Sheffield - I think the Norwich Union move brought people together. My partner's a Norwich fan and it wasnt easy for me sitting at some of their games listening to 'we're going up, up , up' etc while getting text messages from Wednesday away games indicating we were going down .....down, down.....interestingly he couldn't understand why I wasn't totally over the moon about the inevitable Norwich victory....

Edited by nethergreenowl

Jack - as my settings suggest, I am a Norfolk Owl, living in Wymondham. There are a few of us around these parts, I bumped into a couple of dozen when we played Ipswich earleier in the season.

Like you I dont get to many games, probably a half dozen or so each season and not all at home.

You never know, we may get enough together to hire a minibus, although i suspect we can all travel in a car!

Regards

what is your town like, i don't mean in a young thrustful sort of way but i am an Owl living in Nuneaton and working with a group of people with learning difficulties (no, not blades ) who are taking a short break in Banham and are looking for places to visit. Do you think your town has anything to offer

Guest jhancock

Jack

I live in Norwich and have done on and off for nearly 15 years. I go to some games mainly away and i will be going to Colchester on the 14th August. If you want to share a car let me know. john.hancock@cw.com. Miss seeing us stuff these pillocks at Carrow Rd again.

John Hancock

Wednesday fan for nearly 50 yers, boy do I know what suffereing is like

Jack

I live in Norwich and have done on and off for nearly 15 years. I go to some games mainly away and i will be going to Colchester on the 14th August. If you want to share a car let me know. john.hancock@cw.com. Miss seeing us stuff these pillocks at Carrow Rd again.

John Hancock

Wednesday fan for nearly 50 yers, boy do I know what suffereing is like

John - I intend going to Colchester but need to take a check on my back before then as I had an operation last week. All being well I will be going - car share?

My preference is for a couple of beers before the game - if this is OK with you?

Who's going to Colchester this Saturday? The BeeversBoy and mum?

I will be catching the 1200 hrs train from Norwich which gets to Colchester just after 1 pm. Chance to catch a beer (they have a Fat Cat pub in Colchester town which is reported to serve fine ales like the one in Norwich) and a regular bus service from the town to the stadium (£1 rtn fare).

My son (20 yrs old) and I will be in blue and white but undecided whether to wear the team shirt or not - any idea how friendly the locals are?

See you at Norwich station if you can make it!!!

Regards

UTO

Who's going to Colchester this Saturday? The BeeversBoy and mum?

I will be catching the 1200 hrs train from Norwich which gets to Colchester just after 1 pm. Chance to catch a beer (they have a Fat Cat pub in Colchester town which is reported to serve fine ales like the one in Norwich) and a regular bus service from the town to the stadium (£1 rtn fare).

My son (20 yrs old) and I will be in blue and white but undecided whether to wear the team shirt or not - any idea how friendly the locals are?

See you at Norwich station if you can make it!!!

Regards

UTO

Evening mate,

Yep, i'm definitely going with my mum- i haven't had a chance to look at train times etc but i'd guess that the 12PM sounds about right so if that is the train i catch, i'l keep an eye out for you guys.

No idea on Colchester fans- i doubt it is like the New Den though bearing in mind Norwich fans turned up in big numbers last season, for a game which was a local derby, and there was no trouble at all if i remember correctly. I'l probably have an SWFC scarf on depending on the weather. That said i won't be going for a drink and some places can obviously get a bit funny about away colours so i'd be careful if you're planning a few beers.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers

Just signed up to Owlstalk.

I'm in Gorleston.

Been down here for 20 years now. (originally from near Buxton).

Used to try and get up for a few games each season (and Norwich Ipswich etc games) but not been able to for a few seasons.

Hopefully going to start going again after xmas.

HA!

Grew up there, myself