jon parkin

Guest Foxhill Owl

he's under contract at preston, why move to take a drop in money?

Preston have a new manager maybe he has been told he is not needed. Ive heard the rumour but not sure it will happen he is exactly the type of player we need but alot of obsticles in way of move. If Irvine pulls this off it will be a miracle.

Guest utOwlz

I dont want Jon Parkin, his goal record doesnt get me excited either. We have already had 1 fat sh!t playing for us i dont want another, no thanks

I'd be over the moon if we somehow managed to sign 'The Beast', very unlikely to happen but would be a major coup for the club.

He has an enormous frame and would be the ideal candidate to lead the line going into a physical League 1 season no doubt, but his wages must be astronomical and something we would have stuggled to offer last season let alone this.

That being said the vast majority of Preston fans were shocked when Darren Ferguson released his retained list still comprising of the big man and Chris Brown (more Preston fans were upset Mellor wasn't given another year on his contract), a pal of mine has said that Parkin/Irvine had a great relationship and that Parkin took it quite personally when Irvine was given the boot at Deepdale.

Despite some pretty iffy performances under Darren Feruson's reign he seems to keep him in quite high regard.

If this does happen we will certainly regret it and will confirm that AI will be playing the long ball next season. I would of preferred to have kept Clarke, if Parkin is the only realistic replacement within our budget.

I live in York and watched him play a lot when he was on York City's books after being released on a free from Barnsley. He could never hold down a regular 1st team place (York were poo at the time) and whenever he had a spell out injured, he appeared to put a stone in weight on whenever he returned. He is not the quickest, he first touch is not the greatest, his awareness is often poor and I have seen people on J Kyle with more intelligence and his game play relies heavily on his presence and strength.

Guest Kenny Ken

Foxhill owl i would recommend you don't even bother to converse with the likes of these lobbers. They have no power in their real lives and also have very tiny nobs so a chance to mascerade as something different on owlstalk and take the wee wee out of you makes them feel hard. However, if they spoke to you like this in a foxhill pub i don't doubt they would go home with a very humble broken nose.

If this does happen we will certainly regret it and will confirm that AI will be playing the long ball next season. I would of preferred to have kept Clarke, if Parkin is the only realistic replacement within our budget.

I live in York and watched him play a lot when he was on York City's books after being released on a free from Barnsley. He could never hold down a regular 1st team place (York were poo at the time) and whenever he had a spell out injured, he appeared to put a stone in weight on whenever he returned. He is not the quickest, he first touch is not the greatest, his awareness is often poor and I have seen people on J Kyle with more intelligence and his game play relies heavily on his presence and strength.

Yet despite all that he'll playing in the Championship next season, unlike us.

Yes quite right we probably are looking at a minimum of 80 goals if we are thinking of promotion and we will need the strikers to bag about fifty of those. One quality striker capable of get 20+ a season is a big ask for a club with no money never mind two. Last time in this league we head McLean but it was not until the arrival of Kenwyn Jones on loan that we started to spark because he brought something to the front line that we lacked. McLean was a good goalscorer but needed someone with pace and power alongside him and thats what Kenwyn brought. Its as much about finding the right combination rather than just two goalscorers.

Guest Walkley_Owl

I've heard from a VERY reliable source he will be playing for Wednesday next season.

there is an even more reliable source earlier in this thread that says he won't

If this does happen we will certainly regret it and will confirm that AI will be playing the long ball next season.

From what I have seen of AI I have absolutely no doubt that we will be playing long ball next season. Going with expectations of something else is seriously going to ruin your season!