Scottish Owls Supporters Club

Guest 1690owl

So on saturday there is 4 of us.

Beefyswfc

Edingburgh Owl

Dundee Owl

1690 Owl

if anymore would like to come all are welcome.

And soon we shall arrange our first match together as (Alba) owls .

Stirling owl is busy

Cabbage and ribs is on holiday

No reply from the following:-

Obri, Think Tank, Aberdeen owl.

There is also a scottish owls group on facebook & our wednesday.

Please join guys and lets make this group work.

First one there gets the beers in !!! lol!!

looking forward to it!!

Guest 1690owl

Just so everyone know's its open for guest's too.

I.E the missus as im bringing mine

Regards

Dont think I am going to make it lads sorry, will try and will let you konw by friday, but looking unlikely, finances!! keep me uptodate with whats going on etc, and will try and get to the next meet up or meet up with you beefy some point before hand

Guest 1690owl

What time's your train like? cause arn't you off to sheffield saturday?

you should have the meet up on saturday then at least it is off the ground and running and we can arrange other meets etc

we have time before the season starts to get together if its just a few here and there at least things are started

Edited by 1690owl

yeah 3pm is fine.

just so you all know i've nothing sorted and its gonna be us 3 looking at ways we can get to matches during the season and maybe some social events.

So get your idea's in those that arn't coming so we can come to some arrangements.

Is anyone up for travelling to hillsbrough for the 1st game.?

I was thinking of the possibility of getting a professionally made flag.

What are your thoughts?

If everyone chipped in £5-10 then we could get a decent sized flag with an emblem and lettering. I'd be more than happy to contribute towards this.

yeah 3pm is fine.

just so you all know i've nothing sorted and its gonna be us 3 looking at ways we can get to matches during the season and maybe some social events.

So get your idea's in those that arn't coming so we can come to some arrangements.

Is anyone up for travelling to hillsbrough for the 1st game.?

I will be in Sheffield and at the game regardless mate! I'm happy to meet for a beer beforehands and after too. I normally drink in the Wednesdayite lounge it's a great place to meet fellow Owls fans and talk all things Sheffield Wednesday. You are more than welcome to come along.

You can join here for £5 if you aren't already a member:

http://www.wednesdayite.com/join-renew.html

There are numerous benefits including 10% discount in the club shop.

I was thinking of the possibility of getting a professionally made flag.

What are your thoughts?

If everyone chipped in £5-10 then we could get a decent sized flag with an emblem and lettering. I'd be more than happy to contribute towards this.

I will be in Sheffield and at the game regardless mate! I'm happy to meet for a beer beforehands and after too. I normally drink in the Wednesdayite lounge it's a great place to meet fellow Owls fans and talk all things Sheffield Wednesday. You are more than welcome to come along.

You can join here for £5 if you aren't already a member:

http://www.wednesdayite.com/join-renew.html

There are numerous benefits including 10% discount in the club shop.

A flag would be a must. But when where all together or when the website is up and running which is constructed by cabbage and ribs we shall put the costing to the members.

I would urge members to submit your flag idea's so we can vote which to have.

The chance to join wednesdayite well we shall let members decide.

We have about 20 members registered to the Alba Owls (Scottish Owls Supporters Group) so to get to games we shall look into either providing a coach or mini-bus which shared would work out cheaper than the train. We shall look into prices to all destination's from edinburgh.

Any more suggestion's

Regards

Andy

Guest 1690owl

Yeah I think it's best just to cancel now if we're down to two. I hope your missus is ok Dundee Owl.

Keep me updated on the next meeting and I'll see if I'm in Scotland to manage it.

2 weeks today? July 24th?

I wont make the scunny match as im in sheffield at my dad's birthday party

But............ Read bellow taken off our ALL NEW MESSAGEBOARD.

http://albaowls.proboards.com/index.cgi

Click the link and register even if you alread have registered with alba owls.

Ok guys after a failed attept at having a get together we shall try again.

5 Date 5 diffrent location's .....

1. 30th August - Stirling/Falkirk - Tba

2. 3rd September - Edinburgh - Tba

3. 18th September - Glasgow - Tba

4. 9th October - Dundee -Tba

5. 13th November - Aberdeen - Tba

Ok guys all these are to show comitment to each other and visit each of our town's and cities.

So if we carry on meeting in edinburgh it won't be fair on people we expect to travel from Dundee,Glasgow,Aberdeen.

We could do activities on these days i.e Golf,Bowling,5 a Side,Theme Park,Go Karting or maybe a team building event.

Let us know what you would like to do?

Regards

Andy

Guest CabbageandRibs

All of the dates above are all examples so get your dates in when your free and we shall all meet up.

Regards

Andy

Hi Lads,

If not all ready a member on the new forum - sign up and let us know your thoughts http://albaowls.proboards.com/index.cgi

Looking into the viability of running a minibus from Central Scotland for the Daggers game. We'd also look to pick up on the way down if it helped towards the cost (Newcastle/Carlisle/Alnwick). Bus will cost £400 - £450 so really needs to be 15 or so members.

In regards to a flag a bog standard Saltire with just Alba Owls is about £150 for a £15' x 8' flag. They only get expensive when you start adding embroidery such as the bag. The one below is one I got made in 2007 and was £330 for a 15' x 8'. The Scotland one under that was £430 in February( apologise for the poor photo!), again for a 15' x 8', The plain one with no embroidery just writing was roughly £140, so let me know your views and I'll contemplate what to get made up!

post-8266-007248100 1279179904_thumb.jpg

post-8266-035882700 1279180001_thumb.jpg

post-8266-029981300 1279180012_thumb.jpg