Who did what?

Guest JonR

Guest JonR

This thread has not gone in the direction i had hoped for.

I shall gracefully bow out and leave you to it.

Bloody Strafford.

All this time the money has been available, and all he had to do was be nice to bills.

We could have been in the Premiership instead of relegated. I'm gutted.

I bet bills mates are fuming. Sat there with all that money, wanting to give it us, and then nobber strafford calls them a nasty name.

Bloody Strafford.

All this time the money has been available, and all he had to do was be nice to bills.

I bet bills mates are fuming. Sat there with all that money, wanting to give it us, and then nobber strafford calls them a nasty name.

brilliant. :laugh:

Guest billsaja

Forgive me, but what is morningside?

It's the investment office for Ronnie and Gerald Chan, two dear friends who happen to be worth quite a large sum of money and who agreed last year to listen to an investment pitch on Sheffield Wednesday having expressed enthusiasm for the idea of putting some money in to an English football club. Lee "politely declined" the offer in his usual diplomatic and discrete manner. However, bygones and all that, time for a new start and a new approach.

Two investors I've "seen off". What do you smoke?

Yes, were it not for me the Bank of Dominica would have turned out to be real, DJ Bobby would have actually been an Ambassador to the UN, Geoff Sheard's debts would have vanished and in its place up would have sprung fifty million quid and David Beckham.

Were it not for me, Club9 would have actually had the 20mil they told everyone they had.

Could the "investors" not have failed for lack of "money" rather than the efforts of an anonymous poster on Owlstalk.

Then again, I'd be mad too, that's two investors who have kissed your arse and turned out to be schysters. I have a mate whose Dad just died, he was the head of the Bank of Cote D'Ivoire and due to a quirk in the Will, has nearly $350,000,000 tied up in a bond help at HBSC bank in Kenya. Shall I send him your way?

Send him my way if you like :happy:

I told Lee 18 months ago and several times in the interim that he could have the connections, he chose to call them "scum" as I recall and vowed to keep the "wrong sort of person" away from our club.

I think after Anglofile and C9S he is a little more open now to actually talking to people before labeling them, and not so obsessed with one small group of Yanks.

Money is still available though, so here's hoping. Up to Lee now - and I for one believe his passion and vision can persuade investors.

Not just me either, three or four other fairly impressive characters are now doing their bits as I understand.

That's a much better response. Has the bad bills finished his shift?

If you don't mind Bill, one quick question. This isn't supposed to be me trying to trip you up, or me being clever, but a genuine question.

In this thread you've mentioned that Lee's drive and vision could appeal to investors, and you're giving your free time talking to your contacts to see if there is anything you can do to help him - which I've already said is great since you didn't exactly see eye-to-eye. But less than seven hours ago, when you first heard of the resignation your responses was

Well, there's a display of courage and fortitude. Guess no investment means no payoff. True colours and all that.

Allows for a review of the last 18 months, and Skamp seems spot on, he came, he saw, he got us relegated, lashed us to a manager for 3 more years on CCC wages and no income from kit sponsorship this season where we need it most, saw his little FM10 game was going wrong and left. When the going got tough and all that.

To be fair he was probably pushed, but who can really blame the board. He conned his way in to the role with the investment carrot, which was meant to be delivered by March 31st 2009, and then hung on to the position via a series of gimmicks culminating in this C9S farce.

If, as seems, Lee's "man" Nick Parker stays, it will also confirm the rumour that even Nick was sick of Lee's shenanigans by the end.

If you've got concerns about Lee's role that's he has played in the last 18 months, why are you working to put him back into the club?

Bloody Strafford.

:laugh:

Guest billsaja

Bloody Strafford.

Many a true word.........................

But that is in the past, and to answer JonR's point before the same small group jumped in who make every thread about them and me, we are completely investible (if that's even a word) and as to who did what, Lee was pushed and the bank, noteholders and shareholders rejected the bid.

To Donny, Belfast, Daveyboy, Owlsman and now Phil Haigh, seriously, I don't come on every thread you're on just to call you *****, please have some courtesy for the rights of people to post who don't agree with you, and for the rights of the 90% of people who don't want to read the same fights over and over, You're point scoring is very witty, and I am sure the mutual masturbation club you have going makes you all feel very valid, but it is boring for me, boring for everyone else and more than anything, completely counterproductive.

If you don't mind Bill, one quick question. This isn't supposed to be me trying to trip you up, or me being clever, but a genuine question.

In this thread you've mentioned that Lee's drive and vision could appeal to investors, and you're giving your free time talking to your contacts to see if there is anything you can do to help him - which I've already said is great since you didn't exactly see eye-to-eye. But less than seven hours ago, when you first heard of the resignation your responses was

If you've got concerns about Lee's role that's he has played in the last 18 months, why are you working to put him back into the club?

Does seem like a considerable U turn

Guest billsaja

Because someone has to SELL investors with a vision and a plan, and someone has to lead the deal and put the plan in place. And Lee Strafford in my view is absolutely the only person who has the knowledge needed of the club to outline a cohesive plan, to detail the financials (past and budgeted) and to put a plan in to action with passion and drive. Give him the money, give him a salary and give him time (and give him a bit of help to reign in his ego and refine his methods a little) and I am confident he could turn the good ship Wednesday around, and I will stake my reputation with my contacts on that happily.