Lee Strafford........an outsiders view

Guest Eaglette

Guest Eaglette

Ok, being honest until a matter of days a go I was not really aware of who he his.

Then he get's quoted on Sky suggesting we should have been relegated etc, I actually believe he was not misquoted, but he was misrepresented, as we only saw his answer and not the question and how it was positioned.

Since the start of the week I have watched and read several interviews with him, including one on Radio 5 before todays game.

If I could take one other thing apart from the single point we needed, back to Selhurst tonight, it would be Lee Strafford, or rather a chairman who share his beliefs.

I really feel the man speaks a great deal of sense, when he was asked about a take over of Wednesday, he said he is proceeding on the basis it'll never happen, as the club has managed in the past through it's own means and needs to plan to do that again. He's right, isn't he? Football clubs need to stop waiting for a wealthy beneficator and start living within their means.

I hope that when my club emerges from the mess it's still in, that we the fans will ask more questions over who is signed to play for us, questions like, can we afford them? is the salary reduced if we get relegated?

Palace has been a very badly run football club in recent years.

I'd have a chairman like Lee Strafford at Palace in a heartbeat.

Stick with him, I think he'll bring you back stronger.

But that's juts my opinion, and it is, afterall, a game of opinions.

Good luck next season, you are 100% going to be the team I'll be looking out for.

Guest Eaglette

you didnt see what he was doing on the pitch at the end......

No I did not, what did he do? Can't have been that bad.

Glad you can see LS is a good 'un, Eaglette.

Pity the same can't be said for some of our fanbase - Was listening to radio Sheffield on the way back to the tram and heard one guy on Football Heaven signing Dave Allen's praises and how Lee has done nowt for Wednesday.

:mad:

Very kind. He has done some good things.

But his comments this week worried and puzzled me esp after a lengthy quietish spell. Palace must have been provoked.

And he's the one who finishes up looking foolish.

And his anxiety about losing his red hot manager who has won one in 12 looks startling . Sounds like the opposite of QPR who of course did stay up.

Guest Darkus Owlus

No I did not, what did he do? Can't have been that bad.

I just watched the first half on Sky record thing. (I have to take it in slow doses to avoid eroding my soul)

....but I bet you were one of the two Palace babes interviewed pre match.

:ph34r:

Guest harveyhamfeet

Ok, being honest until a matter of days a go I was not really aware of who he his.

Then he get's quoted on Sky suggesting we should have been relegated etc, I actually believe he was not misquoted, but he was misrepresented, as we only saw his answer and not the question and how it was positioned.

Since the start of the week I have watched and read several interviews with him, including one on Radio 5 before todays game.

If I could take one other thing apart from the single point we needed, back to Selhurst tonight, it would be Lee Strafford, or rather a chairman who share his beliefs.

I really feel the man speaks a great deal of sense, when he was asked about a take over of Wednesday, he said he is proceeding on the basis it'll never happen, as the club has managed in the past through it's own means and needs to plan to do that again. He's right, isn't he? Football clubs need to stop waiting for a wealthy beneficator and start living within their means.

I hope that when my club emerges from the mess it's still in, that we the fans will ask more questions over who is signed to play for us, questions like, can we afford them? is the salary reduced if we get relegated?

Palace has been a very badly run football club in recent years.

I'd have a chairman like Lee Strafford at Palace in a heartbeat.

Stick with him, I think he'll bring you back stronger.

But that's juts my opinion, and it is, afterall, a game of opinions.

Good luck next season, you are 100% going to be the team I'll be looking out for.

Why bother posting something like this? Very suspicious. Night Lee.

Regards

pissed off ex-season ticket holder

Guest Eaglette

mmmmmmm Sorry you are barking up the wrong tree (what does that actually mean!!), I'm just giving an honest view from what I have seen and heard from LS that's all.

Guest Wincobank_owl

I am glad to see Lee getting a bit of praise it's about time people realised he is trying but what can you do with nothing? If we get investment fair play and then the idiots that slag him off will admit he has done a good job now it's time to get behing the squad for next season

you didnt see what he was doing on the pitch at the end......

That's a damaging comment you bell end.

Lee Strafford was stood in the directors box the whole time. Looking as disgusted at the 'fans' on the pitch as the rest of us.

Guest Wincobank_owl

Atleast wednesday are going assist the authorities and hopefully get them prats banned from our club

That's a damaging comment you bell end.

Lee Strafford was stood in the directors box the whole time. Looking as disgusted at the 'fans' on the pitch as the rest of us.

I think he was only joking ?

No one took his comment seriously (did they ?).....

Seems very tongue in cheek to me.......