The softest most PC fans in the country

Because cain the "fans" that went on the pitch are the lot that this club doesn't need. This isn't the 70s. This isn't beirut. The lot stood near me being racist and shouting ever possible slur you can imagine were the same lot that stormed by to go down the pitch and fight, and low and behold, a minute later there they are down on the pitch.

The palace lot can not be excused but there is no excuse for that mess that went on there. None. It isn't about being PC or about being sissy or any other tripe you lot come out with - it is about being real and understanding it is football. You might struggle to understand but that is a game played with a ball. Banter happens and it is enjoyed by all but there is no excuse to give these nobbers in the crowd - whos idea of an swfc probably involves 10 pints, a load of swearing at players who they have watched once and then a punch up.

I cease to be amazed by some people in their attempt to justify the actions of these fools at full time. Like I say, a ban to them all won't matter though as we won't see any of them until the next big game, and good riddance. tw@ts.

Guest nastyowl

Reading some of the recent posts on here I must say we must have the softest, weakest, most politically correct bunch of fans in the Country....... Now don't get me wrong, I certainly don't condone attacking opposition players by some mindless idiot....BUT....if Hillsborough was the same couldron of passion similar to Millwall, Cardiff, Swansea, Leeds etc, the Palace fans would'nt have dared invade OUR pitch, and if they did then they deserved to be chased off, who the flip do they think they are, its bad enough sending us down, but don't ever rub our faces in it, but NO, that would never do would it? lets all applaud them instead and buy them all a pint and sat "jolly well done lads".........As for administration ruing our history.....what the flip is that all about????? We have had a decade of watching poo with no money to buy players, while the likes of Leicester, Leeds, Southampton, Cardiff and many others went into administration and have already started buying players and improving while we continue to barely exist instead of doing the same years ago when we might well have been in the Premiership by now or at the very least in the Championship......BUT no that would be so wrong for us would'nt it!!!!!! I fully expect grief for this but, 'hey' who gives a poo poo......

Won't get slaughted from me mate. I totally agree with everything you have said. The song palce sang for the most of thr match was quality something we should have at home instead of the f*cking bounce around song, looks good but doesn't get the crowd going.

How can we get clubs to be afraid of us at home?

Because cain the "fans" that went on the pitch are the lot that this club doesn't need. This isn't the 70s. This isn't beirut. The lot stood near me being racist and shouting ever possible slur you can imagine were the same lot that stormed by to go down the pitch and fight, and low and behold, a minute later there they are down on the pitch.

The palace lot can not be excused but there is no excuse for that mess that went on there. None. It isn't about being PC or about being sissy or any other tripe you lot come out with - it is about being real and understanding it is football. You might struggle to understand but that is a game played with a ball. Banter happens and it is enjoyed by all but there is no excuse to give these nobbers in the crowd - whos idea of an swfc probably involves 10 pints, a load of swearing at players who they have watched once and then a punch up.

I cease to be amazed by some people in their attempt to justify the actions of these fools at full time. Like I say, a ban to them all won't matter though as we won't see any of them until the next big game, and good riddance. tw@ts.

Have you ever been to Millwall, Swansea, Stoke etc and witnessed what its like to be on the back foot from the start? No of course you have'nt..........

Guest Raymond

What about throwing punches at players?

Dont agree with that at all but Iv only seen the footage of one man throw punches at the player and they were hardly going to do much damage. Nobody knows what happened the Palace fan may have said or confronted the Wednesday fan, who knows.

Guest totemowl

Hillsborough should be a couldren of noise and passion where the opposition fans and players hate coming to, where they are scared shitless due to the intimidation, where they know that they will be tollerated and respected as long as they dont take the wee wee. If Hillsborough was like that then it would be like a goal start week in week out......but no.....we get a load of soft lads who would rather hold the opposition fans coats while they do whatever they want.............Passionate my arse..........but really, if you so called fans prefer to be quiet and reserved and complain about the supporters who do show a little passion and true grit, then how do you expect the players to be passionate.....and by the way....I did'nt go one the pitch

So in your simple view, fans are either quiet and reserved or passionate and run onto the pitch. Are you taking the wee wee?

No it does not. Why would i be ashamed? it wasn't me throwing punches at anybody. Id be ashamed if i saw Wednesday fans attacking innocent scarfers or fathers with kids ect but what do fans expect when they goad the home supporters on there own pitch. Majority of the people on the pitch were just so called normal fans nothing to do FV and people want them banned from there own clubs for entering a football pitch? testicles.

So you aren't ashamed of your own fans attacking opposition fans and players.

But you are ashamed of fans condemning these actions.

Good to see you have your priorities straight.

So in your simple view, fans are either quiet and reserved or passionate and run onto the pitch. Are you taking the wee wee?

No I have never said that it is 'either or' what I said is that we have some of the quietest, passionless set of fans in the country who worry far to much about what the fans at the other end of the scale are doing......I would personally prefer to have a stadium full of young men full of testosterone baying for blood and scaring the opposition shitless, giving us a ground full of noise and atmosphere, then the ones at the other end of the scale who sit on their arses so full of self rightousness its painful. If that means I offend the likes of you then personally I dont give a throw........

Guest Raymond

So you aren't ashamed of your own fans attacking opposition fans and players.

But you are ashamed of fans condemning these actions.

Good to see you have your priorities straight.

There's condemning these actions and there's taking it to extremes, some of the peoples views on here blow it right out of proportion. There was a minority on the pitch actually causing trouble the rest were mearly tagging along or just on the pitch for the experience. Move on i'm bored of hearing about it already,there were a few minor scuffles on the pitch for the first time in years , big wow happens all the time in foreign countries on bigger scales and involving weapons. Ashamed wasn't the right word to use regarding peoples posts, Im just shocked at some peoples extreme opinions.

Guest totemowl

No I have never said that it is 'either or' what I said is that we have some of the quietest, passionless set of fans in the country who worry far to much about what the fans at the other end of the scale are doing......I would personally prefer to have a stadium full of young men full of testosterone baying for blood and scaring the opposition shitless, giving us a ground full of noise and atmosphere, then the ones at the other end of the scale who sit on their arses so full of self rightousness its painful. If that means I offend the likes of you then personally I dont give a throw........

Were you there today?

I was on the kop. I didn't notice very many quiet passionless young men, or women for that matter. Most of them were roaring their team on. That was the impression the crowd were giving, most of the time.

I guess roaring them on is not enough for you? How should they bay for blood and scare the opposition shitless? Please explain and help us get this right for next time.

Either way, these morons have just cost your cash strapped club a rather hefty fine and possible points deduction for attacking opposition players. Also, not the forget that this may cost you Hillsborough as a world cup stadium.

I fail to see how you cannot be ashamed by these people. As if getting relegated wasnt bad enough, they have just made it alot worse.

To be honest, the palace fans deserved what they got. Yes, it was thuggish but they did something incredibly stupid.

They are their measly club have to learn that actions have consequences.

Never run onto a pitch when the opposition have just been relegated. Unless you are at home.

To be honest, the palace fans deserved what they got. Yes, it was thuggish but they did something incredibly stupid.

Never run onto a pitch when the opposition have just been relegated. Unless you are at home.

Maybe the club could open a 'fund raising hotline' and all those that were involved and those supporting the action that will cost the club money could donate an amount that is an equal percentage of the fine divided by the number of people involved and supporting? There seems to be a thinking that actions speak louder than words....so...offer to put your money where your mouths are...maybe if you support there actions you will 'come out in sympathy' and copy whatever banning order is coming there way as a show of real solidarity.

Edited by Freshfish

Were you there today?

I was on the kop. I didn't notice very many quiet passionless young men, or women for that matter. Most of them were roaring their team on. That was the impression the crowd were giving, most of the time.

I guess roaring them on is not enough for you? How should they bay for blood and scare the opposition shitless? Please explain and help us get this right for next time.

Are you for real??????????? Today was one match where there were 36000 fans, who the majority of haven't been to a match since we played Nowich a couple of years ago needing a win to stay up and before that it would probably been at Cardiff for the play off final...... where was all the noise from today during the previous home games.....sorry I can't remember this type of atmosphere against the likes of Bristol. Plymouth and Peterborough....and before you say it cant be expected........it is at the likes of Stoke

I just can't agree with that - grown men should be above running across a pitch to attack other grown men just because their f**ing team lost!!! Its absolutely pathetic, and utterly childish in its immaturity. Grown men spitting their dummies and lashing out like beered-up giant babies.

I sometimes wonder what is wrong with people - there is NO excuse for what happened today. It was thuggish, immature hooliganism. We lost - the opposition fans celebrated. So lets all attack them!!!

Agreed.

The scenes at the end have no place in football these days.

Yes it was stupid of the Palace fans to celebrate in that manner, yes it was stupid of the police and stewards to not realise what was going to happen and have a stronger line to prevent this.

But it's still no excuse for our idiots to go charging onto the pitch and then start attacking the players.

Grow up ffs, all you idiots acted like you're still at school.

Agree with you on this Cardiff. The Palace fans that went on the pitch, were taking the wee wee.

We had just been relegated, we were down and hurt. they should have shown us some respect. They didn`t. They got their just desserts. You dont gloat in a situation like that. Every Palace fan that went on the pitch, deserved to get hammered.

Classless cockney wobblers. If Colin was still their manager I think somebody might have taken him out.