Guest Darkus Owlus

ditto. We played safe with AI and we played safe today. Maybe there's an aura of fear about until the finance is settled, but I think the club have shot themsleves in the foot . I would be interested to see what the difference in revenue is for this season and next and how much we will lose, money that could have been used to keep us up.

Spot on.

Sadly Irvine is a negative and defensive coach, not manager, coach. He's be an excellent addition to a coaching role for sorting out defences.

His flaw was to sacrifice almost everything attacking for everything defensive - when we had neither the quality, ability and physical attributes to rely on our defence.

I don't like chopping managers, but we've seen a negative and defensive manager, you can't play like that to survive or get Promoted. Can we afford to let him build us into a defensive team in League 1? Simply speaking, no I don't think we can - we'll have a poo squad like we have now yet in a division below.

He's sadly got to go and that little bit extra money we should have dug deep for to repace Laws is now going to cost the clubs millions in lost income, tv money and god forbid ticket sales.

A total fcvking disaster - but sadly we'll stick with him a coach as a manager and realise he's not the man 25 games in league 1 with a new team that's only quality is being 6ft '2.

Yes, you're right. We do have pace on the wings as well to exploit this.

It's a reason why I'm very reluctant to criticise our strikers this season - with the style of football we've been trying to play they've been on an absolute hiding to nothing.

Another big question mark for me is how Potter/O'Connor have been allowed to remain as our central midfield pairing for the whole of the season. I remeber a few weeks ago, Ally McInally was at the Middlesborough game and said that our central midfield pairing was the worst he's seen. He's not wrong. It was fairly obvious it wasn't working after 10-12 games. I remember seeing McAllister/O'Connor last seaon and while not fantastic, were a better pairing than those two.

today our strikers at times didn't get into places where they should have. Spurr put in a peach of a cross first half and there was nobody within yards of it. Happened other times too today. JP on player has been banging on about the same thing for two seasons now. we need strikers who are prepared to gamble unfortunately at the minute we don't seem to

Judge Irvine from next season onwards.

He takes some share of the blame but overwhelmingly it is Laws who is responsible. Along with LS for not sacking him when it was clear there was no way back.

I agree I was equally as upset when that muppet Sturrock got all the credit for promoting Turners side.

today our strikers at times didn't get into places where they should have. Spurr put in a peach of a cross first half and there was nobody within yards of it. Happened other times too today. JP on player has been banging on about the same thing for two seasons now. we need strikers who are prepared to gamble unfortunately at the minute we don't seem to

That's an interesting point but did the tactics allow them to take this gamble before the last 15 minutes?

As many predicted he is not upto it.

Yes the players are poor, but he did not go for it today, infact he totally bottled it.

Soares on for Clarke is all we need to know..

Give over FFS.

What is up with these morons who think after every game we should sack a manager. Give the guy a chance to bring in his own players and show what he can do.

Getting rid of managers all the time does not work!

I've seen nothing from Irvine to suggest that he's a good manager.

A good manager would be able to adapt his style of play to accomodate the players at his disposal. Our squad is fairly small and is most definitely not suited to long ball football, yet this is what he has persisted with.

Wouldn't be in the slightest bit dissapointed if he left in the summer. You may say judge him when he builds his own squad, but - at Preston over last summer had funds to spend a wage budget much larger than ours and absolutely squandered the lot and left Preston - his team - in freefall. I doesn't give me confidence that he will be able to build a squad at Hillsborough with much more limited resources.

Correct^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Guest Darkus Owlus

Give over FFS.

What is up with these morons who think after every game we should sack a manager. Give the guy a chance to bring in his own players and show what he can do.

It also doesn't mean you should stick with one that doesn't work just to do the opposite of the said statement.

The key points are:

-He's adopted a far too defensive team at a time where we needed to attack.

-He's made some staggeringly negative post match analysis.

-His substitutions seem to be even worse and confusing than Brian Laws.

-He's determined to turn us into an Everton B, you can't defend yourself out of a division or out of trouble - it's about bagging the goals.

-He only goes for the win when we're losing and would be content to defend with a marginal lead.

-We play a long ball game when our team is largely light weight, lacking in height and physical presence.

-His failure to rotate the team has been very frustrating and very damaging, hence players like Marcus Tudgay were left to play and steal a living.

I really don't agree with sacking your manager before he builds his own team but, I'm sat here scratching my head and biting my lip, and I can only come to the conclusion that there is practially nothing to be postive abot regarding Alan Irvine.

Even if we'd won I still would be concerned with the future, I genuinely believe you have to be really really good to be so reliant on your defense, in order for you to get points by scoring very few goals.

We need a forward thinking, attack minded manager - Alan Irvine is not a leader, not a tactician and not inspirational in the slightest - we need a manager not a good defensive coach.

I think being loyal to someone who hasn't got any positives is blind faith - we've got to find a leader that inspires players to win football matches with positive tactics.

Edited by Darkus Owlus

Give over FFS.

Appointing a decent manager in the first place would work.

Appointing a decent manager in the first place would work.

Would it? if we appointed someone else and been relegated you would be squeeking out your arse to have them sacked.

Sit down and have a think before spouting poo .

Interesting point just made on SSN

AI has had 23 games - won 7, drawn 7. If you double that up to a full season we would have 56 points - mid-table comfort.

So yes - he was not good enough to reverse the rubbish of the first half of the season with the rubbish played under him but....

Soares as replacement for Clark did puzzle me somewhat though.

Give him a chance

Guest Darkus Owlus

Interesting point just made on SSN

AI has had 23 games - won 7, drawn 7. If you double that up to a full season we would have 56 points - mid-table comfort.

So yes - he was not good enough to reverse the rubbish of the first half of the season with the rubbish played under him but....

Soares as replacement for Clark did puzzle me somewhat though.

Give him a chance

How many of those wins were in the honeymoon period? I bet a lot of it had was to do with new manager sydrome and the players wanting to play for someone other than Laws.

I'm not arsed, whatever.

I'd like to see him have the chance to build his own squad, especially seeing as he claimed to want to play good football, and he now has the opportunity to make that happen. But on the other hand I wouldn't shed any tears if he's poached away from us, I mean the man has said himself that he has no knowledge or experience of League One whatsoever.

Guest intercity0wl

Wake up. I was gutted when Irvine was appointed and am disappointed I was right. I think Lee needs to go as well.

Out of all the idiotic comments on here at the moment i think your sir is number one by a country mile.

Irvine is currently in that very elite group of managers to relegate us to the 3rd level of English football, and is up there with Chris Turner as one of our all time worst managers. Amazingly, he has achieved this by taking the worst aspects of Brian Laws teams and combining it with playing long ball football to strikers poor in the air.

But he is our manager, we cannot afford to fire him, so all fans need to get behind him and hope this wretched half season is a one off.