As many predicted he is not upto it.

Yes the players are poor, but he did not go for it today, infact he totally bottled it.

Soares on for Clarke is all we need to know..

May I ask why you chose the name Think Tank? I would suggest the next time you attempt to think you pull your head out of your anus first.

May I ask why you chose the name Think Tank? I would suggest the next time you attempt to think you pull your head out of your anus first.

So is relegation acceptable in a play-off season?

What is unacceptable?

FF, Daz you know I respect your opinions but surely it depends on who was available. I said at the time that we needed to think out of the box with maybe a keep us up for a big bonus deal for Keegan. Be interested to know who applied but don't suppose we ever will.

yes were all hurting but 4 desions cost us today

1 sending 0 conner off for treatment at the corneR ( REF)

2 STONE WALL PENALTY (REF)

3 wrong option from varny

4 left ambrose free

you can slag irvin ,ls,et al but those desitions cost us

and b4 you slag me off watched it on tv and( all replays at least 3 times)

Varney killing it on the wing? Mental. Looked so much better with Soares on after half time. Irvine's the man to lead us forward, he's inherited some utter dogshit, and we've improved, whether or not the players have bottled several games towards the end. If we get some money, i'd rather he had it to spend than Laws

You watched the same game as i did right?

Varney was involved in all our good play(as much as there was mind) and when he went up front he disappeared.

Soares looked like somebody who was working there last day at a job(couldn't give a poo poo)

I'm not going to even comment on AI, the less said the better

I've seen nothing from Irvine to suggest that he's a good manager.

A good manager would be able to adapt his style of play to accomodate the players at his disposal. Our squad is fairly small and is most definitely not suited to long ball football, yet this is what he has persisted with.

Wouldn't be in the slightest bit dissapointed if he left in the summer. You may say judge him when he builds his own squad, but - at Preston over last summer had funds to spend a wage budget much larger than ours and absolutely squandered the lot and left Preston - his team - in freefall. I doesn't give me confidence that he will be able to build a squad at Hillsborough with much more limited resources.

That's nailed it

Completely agree

The start of the problems was raising people's expectations. We have a budget that put us firmly in the bottom quarter of the division, yet there was still talk of a playoff push. Ludicrous.

Where does this leave the road map now? We were never going to hit the season ticket targets even if we had stayed in the second tier. Now, we need some realism, and a credible plan to get us out of the mire, not cloud cuckooland budgets and unachievable targets.

Over to you, Mr Strafford...

FF, Daz you know I respect your opinions but surely it depends on who was available. I said at the time that we needed to think out of the box with maybe a keep us up for a big bonus deal for Keegan. Be interested to know who applied but don't suppose we ever will.

Seemed to me that we were waiting for something and playing it cool

But as soon as AI became availble he was appointed, seemingly against the more patient and considered approach

Knee jerk appointment IMO

If you can tell me where I am wrong, I'll gladly do that.

Emotions are running high at the moment, but somethings need to be said, our manager let us down today.

If you genuinely think that you are kidding yourself, he went for it 1000% we use every attacking option we could today and imo all at the right times.

Only problem was we couldn't finish for taffy.

This oh Irvine's fault, Strafford's fault stuff makes you look incredibility stupid when anyone could see that they have done all they could thus far.

Like lets here your alternatives, who do you think we should have as chairman and manager?

If you genuinely think that you are kidding yourself, he went for it 1000% we use every attacking option we could today and imo all at the right times.

Only problem was we couldn't finish for taffy.

This oh Irvine's fault, Strafford's fault stuff makes you look incredibility stupid when anyone could see that they have done all they could thus far.

Like lets here your alternatives, who do you think we should have as chairman and manager?

Firstly, I don't want rid of LS, but I believe he got it wrong on the managerial front this season.

Secondly Irvine went for it today when we went 2-1 down. I'm sorry but we were not in a position today to wait until we went behind to have a go and Soares has generally been awful for us.

Thirdly when their is failure there is always going to be blame, thats is the way it is. The players in my eyes should carry most of it, but LS, BL and AI also have to take some of the blame. I don't think anyone thought we would get relegated at the start of the season, we have, so something has gone wrong.

yes were all hurting but 4 desions cost us today

1 sending 0 conner off for treatment at the corneR ( REF) FA regulations

2 STONE WALL PENALTY (REF) not a pen imo

3 wrong option from varny

4 left ambrose free

you can slag irvin ,ls,et al but those desitions cost us

and b4 you slag me off watched it on tv and( all replays at least 3 times)

Also we were up against a side who were very poor and out on their feet - a keeper who was visibly wilting and a side completely content to let us have the ball

We don't have to look far if we're playing the blame game

What a terrible day - too raw to be looking at what next.

Irvine is what he is - he is our manager for the next two years at least so whether you like him or not, he is the man in the hot seat and as such I wish him well for a summer of rebuilding and good luck in a tough league 1 next year.

Guest triple j

A good manager would be able to adapt his style of play to accomodate the players at his disposal. Our squad is fairly small and is most definitely not suited to long ball football, yet this is what he has persisted with.

Wouldn't be in the slightest bit dissapointed if he left in the summer. You may say judge him when he builds his own squad, but - at Preston over last summer had funds to spend a wage budget much larger than ours and absolutely squandered the lot and left Preston - his team - in freefall. I doesn't give me confidence that he will be able to build a squad at Hillsborough with much more limited resources.

Bang on.

What the f*ck do they practice in training?

Anti-football.

Guest OwlertonG

flip you pillock!!!

the last thing we need right now is moaning.

We need to pull together and look towards the furure!!

Irvine, has continued to make similar blunders, with tactical and substitional errors.

EE and JJ should of started today with Clarke and Varnery up front, with Tudgay not even in the squad, a player who I think didnt make a single attempt to actually run, play for the ball or jump for a header once in the whole entire game

An On Loan player over our own squad on the final game of the season is insulting, and putting Jeffers on and playing 3 5 2 was even more insulting

Passion is drilled into you, you dont play to create passion

]A good manager would be able to adapt his style of play to accomodate the players at his disposal. Our squad is fairly small and is most definitely not suited to long ball football, yet this is what he has persisted with.

Been posting it for a while and yet the thing that does perplex me is AI either knows and does not care or, even worse, does not realise. If he wants to play direct he should have knocked the ball into the channels and doubled up on the fullback. Either the wide midfielder has to drop back and help out or the centrehalf has to help out, leaving a hole in the middle for an advancing midfielder, just a shame Miller has been injured all year.

Edited by web_owls

Been posting it for a while and yet the thing that does perplex me is AI either knows and does not care or, even worse, does not realise. If he wants to play direct he should have knocked the ball into the channels and doubled up on the fullback. Either the wide midfielder has to drop back and help out or the centrehalf has to help out, leaving a hole in the middle for an advancing midfielder, just a shame Miller has been injured all year.

Yes, you're right. We do have pace on the wings as well to exploit this.

It's a reason why I'm very reluctant to criticise our strikers this season - with the style of football we've been trying to play they've been on an absolute hiding to nothing.

Another big question mark for me is how Potter/O'Connor have been allowed to remain as our central midfield pairing for the whole of the season. I remeber a few weeks ago, Ally McInally was at the Middlesborough game and said that our central midfield pairing was the worst he's seen. He's not wrong. It was fairly obvious it wasn't working after 10-12 games. I remember seeing McAllister/O'Connor last seaon and while not fantastic, were a better pairing than those two.