Our Kop vs Anfield Kop

Wikipedia tells me that the Anfield Kop is the biggest single-tier stand in Europe, with a capacity of 12,409.

Our Wednesday says that the Hillsborough Kop is sold out at 11,153, a difference of 1,256.

Which other European grounds have single-tire Kop-like stands that come close?

I've never been on the Anfield Kop, but when it's rocking, the Hillsborough Kop is amazing.

Wikipedia tells me that the Anfield Kop is the biggest single-tier stand in Europe, with a capacity of 12,409.

Our Wednesday says that the Hillsborough Kop is sold out at 11,153, a difference of 1,256.

Which other European grounds have single-tire Kop-like stands that come close?

I've never been on the Anfield Kop, but when it's rocking, the Hillsborough Kop is amazing.

Our kop holds 11210 (there are a couple of corporate seats/give-a-ways on sunday which don't count in your total)

The pigs kop is bout 1000 smaller than ours

Holte end at villa is biggest behind the goal stand 14Kish but that is 2 tier.

There is only one ground in the world - Anfield

It's "magical" on european nights

There is a famous Anfield Roar - the "famous" bit must be that no fvcker has ever heard it?!

Scousers are loved the world over for their poo poo famous sense of humour

There is only one ground in the world - Anfield

It's "magical" on european nights

There is a famous Anfield Roar - the "famous" bit must be that no fvcker has ever heard it?!

Scousers are loved the world over for their poo poo famous sense of humour

Did you see the Nou Camp this week. Those foreigners don't know how to create an atmosphere. You've got to go to Premier League ground for that. Wigan vs Pompey. Thats where the real atmosphere is

Guest Johnbloodaxe

When ours was uncovered and standing I thought it was a bigger capacity tan Anfield, I have a memory that it was thebiggest in England or GB or Europe I can't remember which.... it was definitley bigger than Anfiels though...

Did you see the Nou Camp this week. Those foreigners don't know how to create an atmosphere. You've got to go to Premier League ground for that. Wigan vs Pompey. Thats where the real atmosphere is

I was at the nou camp for Barca vs valencia a few years back, and i totally agree. Until Barca equalised there was zero atmosphere - quite disappointing considering it was near sell out

a kop is a "hill"... (named after the famous spion kop hill in south africa)

"SUFC Shareholders meeting in November 2007 the club announced that it intends to expand the Kop by 3,500 ( making it the largest 'kop' in the country ) and to upgrade all the facilities and cover the concourse areas.[21] Work is now scheduled to start before the Summer of 2010."

WOAH! - WTF the blunts are gonna have the biggest kop in the country!!!!

a kop is a "hill"... (named after the famous spion kop hill in south africa)

"SUFC Shareholders meeting in November 2007 the club announced that it intends to expand the Kop by 3,500 ( making it the largest 'kop' in the country ) and to upgrade all the facilities and cover the concourse areas.[21] Work is now scheduled to start before the Summer of 2010."

WOAH! - WTF the blunts are gonna have the biggest kop in the country!!!!

I thought after they lost out on the World Cup bid that they announced that everything was on hold and they weren't going to commence any more ground works until they regain Premier League status?