MEMORABLE TRIP HOME

Have been back a few weeks now and finaly have a bit of time to compose this post. Was back home for the Derby and Watford home games plus Coventry away. For the Watford games James arranged for myself and Dave(Edmonton Owl) who also made the trip over to tag onto the "Birthday Club"group. This included a tour around the south end of the ground including Directors box, pitch side and the home dressing room as the players were arriving.

Dave(right) and I at pitch side.

Then we had a meal in the Quinn lounge where we got to meet and have a chat with John Pearson and Hirsty.

Dave and I also did both the half and full time interviews on the Wedneday Player commentary and managed to get a plug in for Owlstalk. The fact that we won topped the evening off nicely.

For the Coventry game I was again lucky enough to be entertained in their hospitality suite where it just happened to be "Legends Day" for them. Among them (for you older readers) was Wilf Smith who in my younger days was Wednesdays right back, Moving to Coventry in 1970. He came to our table and we had a long chat about how the club was run back then and his reasons for leaving.

Wilf Smith and me

From our seats on the balcony the traveling Owls fans as always looked and sounded impressive and besides one lapse on the pitch should have gone home happy with a victory. After the match we had a sociable drink in the lounge and started to make tracks. As we were leaving heading to his car close to ours was Alan Irvine who made the time to stop for a chat.

So whatever happens this coming Sunday I have to say it was a good Owls experience. Went to three games and did not see them lose.Plus thanks to James, Alan Irvine and a couple of others I had a memorable time.

Edited by Mickjj