South Yorkshire Police

[

If South Yorkshire Police are incapable of policing, then they are being paid under false pretences, and should not be allowed to masquerade as a police force.

^^^^^^ how do the manchester or liverpool police go on on a derby day???? they make you look like small time,bumbling baffoons...which,of course, you are!!! ^^^^^

Guest totemowl

What are their reasons for refusing?

Both the SAG and SYP have to be accountable, so what's their explanation.

Bit disappointed that RS did not send their journalists in, but then again I assumed they had some.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

I posted this on it's own thread but thought it would be relevent here as well

No prizes for guessing what this rant is about, i like so many of my fellow owls am outraged by south yorks police and there refusal to let us open the north west corner

Do they realise the world cup committee are likely to look at sheffields bid and say right this city can't even police a capacity crowd, if we are to win the bid they must prove (from the police forces point of view) that they can correctly police a capacity hillsborough crowd.

why oh why oh why can other clubs segregate fans by a line of stewards and 2 rows of seats, this is nothing short of........hhmmmmm whats the word/phrase victimisation? discrimination? double standards? fookwhittedness ? or is the force simply run by blades

At the very least when you consider the policing policy and segregation at other grounds in the country the actions of south yorkshire police must be considered to be not only an act of sheer lunacy but also surely they must be infringing on some kind of equal rights law........i don't know........ i can't quite put my finger on the correct part of the law that is being breached.

But to treat one person different to another is victimisation and is illegal, in some cases it is sexist, in some cases it is racist

Surely there is something similar (in law) when companies are treated so utterly different, it absoluteley stinks, we should definateley go to the office of fair trade, this is wrong.....we are being shat on from a great hieght by SYP and it is not fair.......they are not allowing us to trade equally on a level playing field with other companies....like i said if we were a single person this would be seen as victimisation and we would have a claim.

It's at times like this when chairmen like Kevin McCabe come into there own......i can only hope and pray our new messiah grows a pair and takes SYP for thousands in lost revenue

Newcastle - excuse was roads would be blocked so newcastles alocation of the corner & lep upper & lower was cut by 2000 - ffs it was a bank holiday & the roads were totally empty

Sheff Utd - excuse was 2200 + seats were needed for segregation - ffs garbage no other derby in britain uses 2200 plus seats for segregation

Palace - excuse 1,400 seats needed for segregation - ffs utter poo there has never been any trouble in our near 150 year history between us and palace

SYP have cost us by my reconing around 5,600 paying fans - 1,400 at an average of £7.50 and 4,200 at an average of £18 = over £86,000

Mr strafford where theres blame theres a claim

Oh and if the world cup commitee look closeley at SYP we are totally in the poo well done you could have cost the city £50,000,000

SYP = SHEFFIELD YNITED POLICINGUS

Dear SYP

I totally agree and understand your decision for Sunday, I mean come on It's a bank holiday weekend sunday match you all must be on triple pay anyway so why bother working any overtime to the tune of an extra 1700 people?

Also if our fans were paying there hard earned money to sit on sheffield wednesday's property, where else would you set your camera up to film 100 blokes in the north stand singing?

Keep up the good work

Dear SYP

I totally agree and understand your decision for Sunday, I mean come on It's a bank holiday weekend sunday match you all must be on triple pay anyway so why bother working any overtime to the tune of an extra 1700 people?

Also if our fans were paying there hard earned money to sit on sheffield wednesday's property, where else would you set your camera up to film 100 blokes in the north stand singing?

Keep up the good work