Leon Clarke

Ridiculous post.

Leon has 10 times more right to play on Sunday that Jeffers will ever have.

How about this - if Clarke hadn't scored those 2 against Leicester a couple of months ago, we'd be down already.

How has Jeffers contributed to our season so far?

That's the conundrum, isn't it? Clarke was man of the match vs Leicester, closely followed by Miller. Aside from his goals, he led the line superbly, holding the ball up time after time and bringing team-mates into play.

Then in other matches he has been a joke. In the derby match he was awful - no touch at all. Body language all wrong. I wasn't sure he was properly fit.

Same issue with Esajas. Will he have a stormer or a stinker?

Guest Irvinesbarmyarmy

That's the conundrum, isn't it? Clarke was man of the match vs Leicester, closely followed by Miller. Aside from his goals, he led the line superbly, holding the ball up time after time and bringing team-mates into play.

Then in other matches he has been a joke. In the derby match he was awful - no touch at all. Body language all wrong. I wasn't sure he was properly fit.

Same issue with Esajas. Will he have a stormer or a stinker?

Which is why I believe the only way forward is to introduce a performance related wage tbh

Guest aphextwins

Which is why I believe the only way forward is to introduce a performance related wage tbh

I kind of agree with that but how do you do it? Peoples opinon even on here differs every game about what player had a good game.

It's a tough one but I know where you're coming from.

Guest Irvinesbarmyarmy

I kind of agree with that but how do you do it? Peoples opinon even on here differs every game about what player had a good game.

It's a tough one but I know where you're coming from.

Why not employ a panel of neutrels who could judge the players' performance on matchday? The only problem I can see there is if a player has to be stretchered off after 10 minutes..wouldnt be his fault if that happend but hard to judge somebody after only 10 mins of football? Perhaps that player would only get half his weekly salary rather nothing at all?

When has he had the opportunity? He started the first game of the season, and has since been restricted to a few minutes as substitute here and there. It's a long time since he was injured at Stoke, but were you at that game? He was head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch until he got crippled. We actually saw what he could do for us given the opportunity. Clarke has had endless opportunities, and has squandered most of them. Because he's scored the odd goal here and there, doesn't mean he should be in the team. Look at his record this season, and tell me that justifies him being picked week in, week out.

On Sunday we need, heart, workrate, guile and a measure of ability, Clarke has none of that, whereas Jeffers has at least two of those attributes.

Spot on.

At last someone with some sense amen.Not a fan off Clarke either but quite simply not getting behind the 11 men on the pitch sunday will kill us.For me there are hell off alot off players in this squad who I will be happy to see the back off but I would much sooner see them leaving as championship players than League 1.

Amen that man....i couldnt give one if LC had played poo all friggin season

If he bangs one in due to our fantastic support in the 90th minute people arent exactly gonna be booing him....the lad ull be a legend

RULE NO.1 -> GET BEHIND THE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

how about this ,if clarke had scored the simple tap ins that he should have we'd be safe now .

Jeffers has not been given enough time on the pitch to prove himself this season ,i'm sure if he had been on the pitch as much as clarke he would have scored more goals than he has ,18 starts 5 goals is not enough .... :blink:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

5 goals. 3 years.

Guest Shropshire Owl

If Leon does start then I hope we can all get behind him. Its probably his last game for us

I would start him tbh. As some observant people have written on here after watching on monday, Crystal Palace have a slow but strong defence. Therefore surely the best way to tackle this is to have this team.

Grant

Nolan Beevers Purse Spurr

Tudgay Miller OConnor Esajas

Johnson Clarke

If you tell Leon to put a shift in and use his weight against the big centre backs, and use Johnson for his pace. Having Tudgay on the right uses his athleticism and also gives Nolan cover on the RHS. That way Esajas can start which gives the team some more pace and invention. The only issue is that it might expose Spurr at left back. I really think that Clarke and Johnson could work for this game. You could always start Varney in place of Esajas although playing both Varney and Tudgay out of position could be a risk.

Whoever said Jeffers should start against Palace's defence is deluded. He would get muscled out the way far too easily.

Guest Irvinesbarmyarmy

Francis Jeffers.. 5 goals in 3 years.

Leon Clarke.. 17 goals in 4 years.

Both garbage ratio's but they are the facts. You decide.

Clarke is one of the worst footballers I've ever seen. He might even be worse than that big daft tw@t who couldn't head a ball Enoch showunmi.

Oh I dont know, I reckon Ritchie Humphreys was the worst footballer Ive ever seen. With Andy Booth a close second..

I recall that he made a really big impact on his introduction to the team, but was never the same after Pleat 'rested' him while he was still doing very well.

Clarke is not league standard, as stated on other threads. Anyone who thinks otherwise has:-

a) seen very little proffessional football

b) seen very little football

c) seen no football

d) is blind

e) lives in a mental institution.

Jeffers is crap, but he can at least show Clarke his England cap.

Sums it up pretty well!

Guest Irvinesbarmyarmy

Yes, Im sure the Man Ure defence were crapping themselves when they heard Humphreys was playing against them at the time...

I would start him tbh. As some observant people have written on here after watching on monday, Crystal Palace have a slow but strong defence. Therefore surely the best way to tackle this is to have this team.

Grant

Nolan Beevers Purse Spurr

Tudgay Miller OConnor Esajas

Johnson Clarke

If you tell Leon to put a shift in and use his weight against the big centre backs, and use Johnson for his pace. Having Tudgay on the right uses his athleticism and also gives Nolan cover on the RHS. That way Esajas can start which gives the team some more pace and invention. The only issue is that it might expose Spurr at left back. I really think that Clarke and Johnson could work for this game. You could always start Varney in place of Esajas although playing both Varney and Tudgay out of position could be a risk.

Whoever said Jeffers should start against Palace's defence is deluded. He would get muscled out the way far too easily.

Certainly wouldnt start Jeffers. We need to get the ball down and play it, a stop start game like the Derby will suit them down to the ground. Its a shame Leon doesnt always use his strength.

Guest boro owl

Varney has to start up front for me with JJ. Esajas wide left, Tudgay wide right, JOC and Miller in the middle. Back 4 picks itself unfortunately.

Id agree with that. But the two wide midfielders have got to work like roger when we dont have the ball and be willing to push forward when we do have it.

That way potter has a ball to play inside the fullbacks for both of them to use there pace.

Simple to say but obviously difficult for whoever we play out wide, seeing as it has,nt happened all season.

Lets hope irvine gets the best out of who ever he decides to go with on sunday and we dont end up going down with another dire performance.

Guest boro owl

Leon has had a poor season but so has everyone else! but lets make him the easy scapegoat hey.

Have you seen the service from midfield this season? or do you just ignore this fact and expect Leon to pick the ball up on the half way line dribble past half the team and bang it into the top corner like Hirsty?

If anyone was there against Leicester would've seen Leon is more than capable playing at Championship level.

Thats one game all season. Use your rumbleing brain, thats why wer in this situation. The blokes never been a footballer

Guest wilkotheowl

That just about says it all, lets just hope its not us suckers who are paying him in the hope he improves, but some other clubs fan base.

BOTH PLAYERS NOT FIT TO WEAR THE SHIRT & A COMPLETE INSULT TO THE FANS/CLUB.

But.......i'll take a last minute winner from either purely because its their JOB FFS, before waving bon voyage.

Lets hope we never make the same mistake again.

Completely agree !!