Leon Clarke

I do not rate Leon Clarke as a footballer. I don't believe he is good enough for us and I really want him to be elsewhere at the start of next season.

However, if he is on that pitch at 1pm on Sunday then I will do my absolute BEST to channel all my energy into willing him on to score. If he does something wrong, don't chastise him or boo him...what's the point? Just get behind the lad and let's get over that finish line!!

Same applies to all the guys - booing and a negative atmosphere is only going to be of detriment to us. So put all negativity aside from 12:45pm til the final whistle and let's give it a good go at pushing them over the finish line for US - the life and soul of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

Guest zero)))

Leon is about our level, we're about to get relegated from the Championship.

WHO THE flip do you expect us to sign instead?

Guest Aaron

He is the worst player in our team by a mile. He is also the worst striker in the CCC. I see an earlier post saying if he hadn't scored against Leicester?

What if he didn't give away the ball in the Cardiff game?

What if one of his several fouls could have actually lead to us scoring if he didn't foul?

What if the player who may have played instead of Clarke in the Leicester game still would have scored?

etc...

He is absolute rubbish, big, fat and lazy.

Leon has had a poor season but so has everyone else! but lets make him the easy scapegoat hey.

Have you seen the service from midfield this season? or do you just ignore this fact and expect Leon to pick the ball up on the half way line dribble past half the team and bang it into the top corner like Hirsty?

If anyone was there against Leicester would've seen Leon is more than capable playing at Championship level.

Leon is about our level, we're about to get relegated from the Championship.

WHO THE flip do you expect us to sign instead?

Bit of a contradiction there mate.

Guest Irvinesbarmyarmy

Slagging Clarke off will do wonders for his confidence. NOT!

Releasing him will result in us losing £250k. Not a fortune but enough to get a decent lower league striker.

Great idea.

Try getting behind ALL the lads on sunday, whoever plays.

Guest gizmo

varney / jeffers should start up front put tudgay on right johnson on left ,usual 2 in midfield potter oconnor,buxton (RB), purse beevers, nolan (LB)

bring clarke on if needed ,but i dont think he works well with any of our strikers ,as has been proven on numerous occasions this season ...

IMO if any of our players do happen to read these forums then surely it's gonna make them wanna prove the doubters wrong ,especially if they wanna be gettin new contracts in the new season

we as fans deserve full commitment from them as we are the ones forking out our hard earned to see an end product on the pitch ..........

PLEASE LADS GIVE IT EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT ON SUNDAY THATS ALL I ASK ,WHOEVER STARTS AND FINISHES THE GAME YOU'LL HAVE MY SUPPORT AND ANOTHER 35,000 ON TOP ,TOGETHER WE'LL DO IT AND GET THE RESULT WE AS FANS AND PLAYERS ALL WANT..............UTO ...........

Guest Irvinesbarmyarmy

especially if they wanna be gettin new contracts in the new season

That's the problem. A lot of them simply DO NOT want new contracts..

Ridiculous post.

Leon has 10 times more right to play on Sunday that Jeffers will ever have.

How about this - if Clarke hadn't scored those 2 against Leicester a couple of months ago, we'd be down already.

How has Jeffers contributed to our season so far?

When has he had the opportunity? He started the first game of the season, and has since been restricted to a few minutes as substitute here and there. It's a long time since he was injured at Stoke, but were you at that game? He was head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch until he got crippled. We actually saw what he could do for us given the opportunity. Clarke has had endless opportunities, and has squandered most of them. Because he's scored the odd goal here and there, doesn't mean he should be in the team. Look at his record this season, and tell me that justifies him being picked week in, week out.

On Sunday we need, heart, workrate, guile and a measure of ability, Clarke has none of that, whereas Jeffers has at least two of those attributes.

Regardless of any players quality this season, every single player that steps on the pitch in a blue & white shirt on Sunday should be greeted with the love of a player that had just helped Wednesday win the European Champions League for us. In all my years of watching football, I have yet to see a player react positively to being booed by his own fans.

Its f**kin stupid!

There may well be some poor players in our current squad but for one day, lets give them all our fullest support even if you wouldnt put them in your pub team.

Over the years its been there for all to see, that there are many players who just cant cope with the huge expectations of playing at Hillsborough (maybe AI should consider this before splashing the cash on his first purchase) while others treat it as their stage.

On Sunday even Leon haters should make him feel like Rooney in stripes,....you never know he might thrive on encouragement.

We have a team that obviously has been lacking confidence. We can, the fans can change that.......no moaning, no booing, no jeering of our Wednesday team.

Guest Irvinesbarmyarmy

Ridiculous post.

Leon has 10 times more right to play on Sunday that Jeffers will ever have.

How about this - if Clarke hadn't scored those 2 against Leicester a couple of months ago, we'd be down already.

How has Jeffers contributed to our season so far?

5 goals in almost 3 years?

The palace defence must be pooing themselves if Mr Jeffers starts...

Another 750k down the drain...

Guest aphextwins

Clarke is one of the worst footballers I've ever seen. He might even be worse than that big daft tw@t who couldn't head a ball Enoch showunmi.

heat_harvey002.jpg

Guest Irvinesbarmyarmy

Clarke is one of the worst footballers I've ever seen. He might even be worse than that big daft tw@t who couldn't head a ball Enoch showunmi.

Oh I dont know, I reckon Ritchie Humphreys was the worst footballer Ive ever seen. With Andy Booth a close second..

Guest aphextwins

Oh I dont know, I reckon Ritchie Humphreys was the worst footballer Ive ever seen. With Andy Booth a close second..

Harvey is waaaaaay worse than what Humphreys and Booth was!

Put it this way, Big fat lad isn't going to go on to become a legend at any football club, where as Humphreys and Booth both did.