A step back to move forwards?

Have to say I think we'll be down tomorrow, sods law says Palace will win.

But maybe a step backwards would be a way to go forwards. Gives the club an ideal chance to clear all thr dross out of the playing staff...about 75% of them.

Grant will obviously go and as for the likes of Tudgay take the money and run with the first offers to get shut of those who have no spine for Division 3 [ sorry I refuse to call it flipping League 1].

I have a feeling the AI will bring in someone like parkin from Preston to lead the line, which in that division might do a job. I have to say I'd keep Sodje for that divison too. We need to build a team that has power and passion, no fancy tw@ts strolling round the likes of walsall, Yeovil and bloody Rochdale. The team needs to be in a state to hit the ground running.

Also the pressure is on LS to get this investment through too. Am suprised they went public stating others were interested, think that should have been kept as a private matter within the club. If its a smoke screen to shove the Plan 9 from Outer Space deal through it could effectively drive them away. hen we're fooked big style.

But maybe a step backwards would be a way to go forwards. Gives the club an ideal chance to clear all thr dross out of the playing staff...about 75% of them.

Grant will obviously go and as for the likes of Tudgay take the money and run with the first offers to get shut of those who have no spine for Division 3 [ sorry I refuse to call it flipping League 1].

I have a feeling the AI will bring in someone like parkin from Preston to lead the line, which in that division might do a job. I have to say I'd keep Sodje for that divison too. We need to build a team that has power and passion, no fancy tw@ts strolling round the likes of walsall, Yeovil and bloody Rochdale. The team needs to be in a state to hit the ground running.

Also the pressure is on LS to get this investment through too. Am suprised they went public stating others were interested, think that should have been kept as a private matter within the club. If its a smoke screen to shove the Plan 9 from Outer Space deal through it could effectively drive them away. hen we're fooked big style.

:laugh:

Guest utOwlz

If we go down AND get the much needed investment into our club then that will definitely be classed as 1 step back to 2 steps forward in my mind

TBF that's exactly what was said when we went down under Clueless

I have a feeling the AI will bring in someone like parkin from Preston to lead the line, which in that division might do a job. I have to say I'd keep Sodje for that divison too.

He's not ours to keep

If we go down AND get the much needed investment into our club then that will definitely be classed as 1 step back to 2 steps forward in my mind

Couldn't agree more. Investment gives Irvine the oppotunity to get rid of the load of sh*t that he's working with now and replace them with decent, hard-working, motivated players.

Well to start with, have you been sued lately?

Not wanting to downplay your point, because it does have a certain validity.

However, I'd suggest that taking over from certain previous incumbents, was akin to the chaps who succeeded the Nazi party.

Its not hard to improve on that is it?

Edited by SiJ

Guest Handsworthowl

No guarantee we will make the immediate 'bounce-back' though. No doubt most of our playing squad will flip off ( There IS a god! ). But i'm scared that we will become ala Brighton and just have a generally crap squad for years and stay there. Investment is the key, but the bigger key is how/if we use it.

It's getting to the stage now where clubs will struggle to get out of League One without serious cash.

If we go down and have good season ticket sales and a decent average crowd (i.e. 25K+) then we could probably raise a budget big enough to be in or around the top-six in that division.

The question has to be asked, of whether we would be more attractive to investors winning games and being near the top of League One? Or huffing and puffing in the bottom third of the Championship?

G

How? why? I just don't get this train of thought!!

It's the worst possible thing that could happen to this club.

Half the team will be gone anyway. We don't have to drop a division to do that.

JFHC, a step backwards will be a step forward? What, you mean like it was the last time we got relegated?