For those who think we're gonna take it easy

From The Sunday Mercury (local paper)

ROMAN Bednar has vowed to make Crystal Palace’s players eat their words in tomorrow night’s Selhurst Park clash.

The Baggies striker claims he was targeted for verbal stick by skipper Shaun Derry during the shock 1-0 defeat at The Hawthorns in September.

Bednar had only just returned to the fold following a police caution for drugs offences.

The Czech international has gone on to enjoy a fine season, netting 11 goals in the successful push for promotion.

And although he thinks former Palace boss Neil Warnock as central to the verbal bashing he took seven months ago, the possibility he could push Derry closer to Division One is not lost on Bednar.

“I think it was a Warnock job, what the players did to me,” he said.

“I can’t say too much but if you hear Robbie Savage and Shaun Derry, the captains of clubs, shouting things at you they are just like all the other bad people on the planet.

“But on the pitch I will never try to give cheap shots, I will always try to compete with them on the pitch at football.”

Bednar had accused Palace players of calling him a ‘drug dealer’ in the wake of his three-month suspension when the sides met earlier this season.

“Crystal Palace were disgraceful,” he said at the time.

“It was seven of them at me for the whole game. They were shouting, ‘you are a drug dealer’ and another said, ‘have you got any drugs?’

“That was really disappointing – particularly the captain, Shaun Derry, who was the worst.”

Bednar has vowed to now ram those taunts back down their throats as Albion seek the single point they need to create a new club record of 90 points in a single season.

“I always feel confident and I never react any stupid things and I never will, but sometimes they wind me up,” he said.

“I am even better so whatever they say is better for me because I will be up for it.’’

From The Sunday Mercury (local paper)

ROMAN Bednar has vowed to make Crystal Palace’s players eat their words in tomorrow night’s Selhurst Park clash.

The Baggies striker claims he was targeted for verbal stick by skipper Shaun Derry during the shock 1-0 defeat at The Hawthorns in September.

Bednar had only just returned to the fold following a police caution for drugs offences.

The Czech international has gone on to enjoy a fine season, netting 11 goals in the successful push for promotion.

And although he thinks former Palace boss Neil Warnock as central to the verbal bashing he took seven months ago, the possibility he could push Derry closer to Division One is not lost on Bednar.

“I think it was a Warnock job, what the players did to me,” he said.

“I can’t say too much but if you hear Robbie Savage and Shaun Derry, the captains of clubs, shouting things at you they are just like all the other bad people on the planet.

“But on the pitch I will never try to give cheap shots, I will always try to compete with them on the pitch at football.”

Bednar had accused Palace players of calling him a ‘drug dealer’ in the wake of his three-month suspension when the sides met earlier this season.

“Crystal Palace were disgraceful,” he said at the time.

“It was seven of them at me for the whole game. They were shouting, ‘you are a drug dealer’ and another said, ‘have you got any drugs?’

“That was really disappointing – particularly the captain, Shaun Derry, who was the worst.”

Bednar has vowed to now ram those taunts back down their throats as Albion seek the single point they need to create a new club record of 90 points in a single season.

“I always feel confident and I never react any stupid things and I never will, but sometimes they wind me up,” he said.

“I am even better so whatever they say is better for me because I will be up for it.’’

Good to hear! :wink:

Come on you Baggies!

BOING! BOING! boldblue.gifboldblue.gif

Its not as if Bednar didnt get caught red handed :ph34r:

I hope he, Brunt and all the other Baggies are still up for this one, although I have a bad feeling. Id give anything for it to go to the last game.

Well Yeah :biggrin: but they say Karma a ***** and even if it was at Warnock's insistance you don't want p1ss him off when palace is only 1 point above the drop and when Brunt, Bednar and Dorrans have got 43 goals between them. If we play like we did against boro your fate will be your own.

Well Yeah :biggrin: but they say Karma a ***** and even if it was at Warnock's insistance you don't want p1ss him off when palace is only 1 point above the drop and when Brunt, Bednar and Dorrans have got 43 goals between them. If we play like we did against boro your fate will be your own.

Lets hope so!

hope they remember us drawing with wolves a few seasons back which guaranteed WBA promotion to the premier

which is why we love you man :biggrin: We had to beat palace then too which we did

Guest Darkus Owlus

hope they remember us drawing with wolves a few seasons back which guaranteed WBA promotion to the premier

Yes, that combined with Brunt playing, calling Bednar a druggie etc..........it's all good motivation to sink Palace 6-0.

*touches a large piece of erotic wood*

and if WBA win 18-0 a draw will be enough :biggrin:

That's fantastic,

'cos if they get beat 18-0 tomorrow our goal difference will be better than theirs and if we draw with them next Sunday we'll get a point and be level with them and if they draw with us they'll get a point as well and

OMG