"A valuable point"

Guest Deleted member

FAO Alan Irvine

Just seen your comments on BBC re "a point would have been valuable"

NO IT WOULDN'T HAVE - IT WOULDN'T HAVE MADE A BLIND BIT OF DIFFERENCE YOU IDIOT

on another thread, you are arguing that it is a manager's responsibility to build up the confidence in his team, yet you are now having a go at him for trying to do exactly that. Contradicting yourself again? Maybe you ought to slow down on the thread creation... that way you might remember which way you are arguing?

A point away from home, at fourth in the league, against a team with a grudge IS valuable, if only for the players' confidence.

Or do you want him to come out and slate the team after a much improved performance, ensuring that any hope we still have is vanquished because the manager doesn't recognise the extra effort (albeit protracted) put in.

Or is it just that you are desperate for an indivdual scapegoat? Your usual attackee scored, so I can only presume that this attack is borne out of confusion?

:wink:

on another thread, you are arguing that it is a manager's responsibility to build up the confidence in his team, yet you are now having a go at him for trying to do exactly that. Contradicting yourself again? Maybe you ought to slow down on the thread creation... that way you might remember which way you are arguing?

:biggrin:

Why comment from a position of ignorance though?

Surely it would have been better to have said it might be a valuable point depending on Watford's result?

Anyway after just listening to the interview all this is irelevant. He actually said, he thought we could've secured a point which could have been valuable.

Only a WIN for us yesterday and Palace not winning tomorrow would leave us needing a draw in the last game. All other combinations meant we have to BEAT Palace.

To be brutally honest, us now only needing a win against Palace (if they don't beat WBA) is probably better than us only needing a point to stop up.

The psychology of us needing to win at all costs should focus the players much more on what they need to do, rather than just needing a draw.

Guest Deleted member

Bloody hell - who's rattled your cage??

on another thread, you are arguing that it is a manager's responsibility to build up the confidence in his team, Am I?? Where?? (you're right though of course it is)

yet you are now having a go at him for trying to do exactly that. Am I?? Are you sure?? I felt sure I was having a go at him for saying the point would have been valuable.. Which it wouldnt have been. It wouldnt have made a blind bit of difference as we could still have been relegated tomorrow night. Thats the whole point - a win would have meant the pressure was on Palace. A more positive approach sometime in the last 15 games might have meant we could have maybe won one more - rather than keep on playing for valuable f***ing points... Who knows - bringing on a striker against the pigs last week - or maybe bringing JJ on earlier at QPR?? Who knows - its all guess work...

Contradicting yourself again? Am I? Or maybe you're just confused...

Maybe you ought to slow down on the thread creation... that way you might remember which way you are arguing? I have no problem with the fact that today I created 4 threads. I don't think thats excessive really - maybe you do. I don't give a f*** what you think really.

A point away from home, at fourth in the league, against a team with a grudge IS valuable, if only for the players' confidence. I'd agree with that - if it hadn't been the 2nd to last game of the season where we are in teh relegation places. So - are you saying you'd have been happy if he'd sent them out to claim a valauable draw?

Or do you want him to come out and slate the team after a much improved performance, ensuring that any hope we still have is vanquished because the manager doesn't recognise the extra effort (albeit protracted) put in. Did I really say I wanted him to come out and slate the team?? I can't remember saying that - point me in the direction of where I said it and I'll concede that one. Or are you just exaggerating to make your point seem slightly more valid? I feel pretty sure that at times today I acknowledged that the performance wasn't THAT bad. Or maybe I just imagined that.

Or is it just that you are desperate for an indivdual scapegoat? As someone who clearly knows far more about my posts than I do - you should be more than aware that I have blamed more than Alan Irvine this season...

Your usual attackee scored, (...oooh there you see - you've even acknowledged it - so now who's contradicting themselves - and on the same paragraph - you really should try to keep up) so I can only presume that this attack is borne out of confusion? Nope - borne out of frustration actually. The frustration of following the team over the last 15 games and being convinced that rather than send the team out to win - theyve been sent out not to lose - and in the process played some of the most boring, unimaginative, frustrating, soulless, ABSOLUTE CRAP football Ive ever seen. No Plan B (ever). And thats why we could be relegated tomorrow - or next Sunday. I desperately hope we're not - and I desperately hope that if we do survive Alan Irvine will ensure that the football is improved next year with his own squad. Im prepared to give him that chance - what Im not prepared for is to be told a point is valuable when it quite clearly isn't. At all.

:wink:

And finally - for those apologists saying he might not have known the Watford score - if you were there you would have noticed that he was on the touchline in his tracksuit - are you saying that in the time he took in giving his full time team talk, and probably showering and getting his suit on - NOT ONE PERSON thought to tell him the score of the only team playing that day who could be relegated instead of us??

Hahahahahahahahahahaha - and I'm the one who's confused.

;-)

Sorry - edited post to put in a wink to make it seem like a friendly dig...

Edited by Deleted member

Bloody hell - who's rattled your cage??

And finally - for those apologists saying he might not have known the Watford score - if you were there you would have noticed that he was on the touchline in his tracksuit - are you saying that in the time he took in giving his full time team talk, and probably showering and getting his suit on - NOT ONE PERSON thought to tell him the score of the only team playing that day who could be relegated instead of us??

I shouldn't worry.

DuncOwl takes issue with people who have different opinions to his.

He genuinely seems to believe that people should not criticise their club/manager/players.

A happy clapper if I ever saw one.

Edited by SiJ

;-)

Sorry - edited post to put in a wink to make it seem like a friendly dig...

thrower :biggrin:

Guest Deleted member

I shouldn't worry.

DuncOwl takes issue with people who have different opinions to his.

He genuinely seems to believe that people should not criticise their club/manager/players.

A happy clapper if a ever saw one.

I don't think theres anything more offensive than being called a happy clapper - I get it a lot - I prefer to call it blinkered. And if Im honest - give me a blinkered fan anyday rather than one who is blinded by the need to constantly criticise - and we get more than a fair share of those.

Ive no issue with DuncOwl at all - and his approach. I wish I could be even a little more like that - but I can't. I get annoyed when we lose - I get absolutely furious when its down to a lack of application, or preparation as weve seen all too often.

We are all fans - all entitled to opinions. I just found his attack on me a little unwarranted.