Player appraisals

Lee Grant - Far too good for us, and for League One. Will be sold regardless of whether we pull off the miracle. Probably get a million for him if we're lucky.

Tommy Spurr - Should have been dropped months ago, for his own sake as well as the clubs, but we had no competition at left-back and now his confidence is shattered. Turned from one of our most improved players last year to someone who's afraid of the ball this. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go for about £3/400k this summer tbh, he's got a lot of Championship experience for a defender so young, with a fresh start he could become a very good player, and i'd wish him all the best, he's never given any less than 100% for us.

Lewis Buxton - Terrible player at this level but he's in contract and no-one would buy him so he'll have to stay. Might be decent back up in League 1.

Darren Purse - Improved game on game this season and will be here next season, just hope he doesn't lose any more pace or he'll be going backwards.

Richard Hinds - Out of contract. Wednesdayite and always gives his all, but he's not been good enough at this level, and offering him a new contract because he might be good in League 1 is not the way to do things. Release him.

Tommy Miller - Shown glimpses of quality but been injured for far too long. Want him to go but he's in contract and no-one will buy him.

Marcus Tudgay - I don't care what he's said in any interview, ever since Burnley showed an interest he's been a shadow of his former self. Get him sold to anyone that will take him. £500k is the best price we'll get for him now.

Sean McAllister - Out of contract. Another battler but again hasn't got the quality and just like Hinds it would be wrong to offer him a new contract just because we've been relegated. Release him.

Francis Jeffers - Out of contract. The worst signing this club has ever made. Highest wage earner, lowest appearance maker, lowest goalscorer among our strikers, always injured. Get out of our club.

Akpo Sodje - Out of contract. Seemed to have the world at his feet for about a month, since then he's been constantly poo poo/injured. Bye bye

Etienne Esajas - Out of contract. Our most technically gifted player but is less consistent even than Johnson. Shirker, bottler and only turns up when he wants to. Bye bye.

Darren Potter - Really excited when we signed him permanently, but just like Spurr, he's turned out to be a bottler who daren't go forward/shoot. In contract and I'd be surprised if anyone wants to buy him, so we're stuck with him.

Mark Beevers - Like Spurr i'd be surprised if another Championship side wasn't interested in a young defender with bags of experience at this level. Would probably go for a million.

James O'Connor - Gives everything he's got, not afraid, but an awful footballer. He'll be here next year.

Leon Clarke - roger OFF AWAY FROM OUR CLUB YOU USELESS LUMP OF poo poo.

Luke Varney - Would probably be a decent player at League 1 level but we can't afford a player as good (haha) as him.

Frank Simek - Out of contract. Best full-back in the division two years ago, but there's no sentiment here. Not good enough anymore, release him.

Nick Wood - Only a kid, not sure on his contract status, but not going to be good enough.

Richard O'Donnell - Will be good back-up in League 1

Jermaine Johnson - Our player of the year, he doesn't deserve League 1 football, probably be able to sell him for £6/700k

Luke Boden - Not good enough but still got another year left on his contract

Arron Jameson - Not going to be good enough, release if out of contract.

Max Wragg - Not going to be good enough, release if out of contract.

Nathan Modest - Really improved this year, deserves a go next season

Tom Soares - Waste of space

Eddie Nolan - Too good (haha)/costly for us

Michael Gray - Out of contract. Legs have gone.

Which leaves a squad for 2010/11 of -

GK

O'Donnell

DF

Buxton

Purse

MF

Miller

Potter

O'Connor

Boden

FW

Modest

...which i'd accept as a decent clear-out. Hopefully through player sales and wage earners gone we'd be able to bring in 4/5 decent players and a few frees.

Guest IantheEd

You're kidding right? Where the flip are we going to get the money to get anyone decent from what you've cleared out there?

One forward in Nathan Modest... forwards are flipping expensive and if they're not they're just as useless as Sodje or Clarke... who you going to bring in then?

Can't believe you're suggesting we cut our squad to eight players and then try to rebuild from there with no money... ridiculous mate...

Think Ianthed's right although the players appraisals are not far off except McAllister judgement.

What supporters cannot see is that despite all the spin our budget only gives us players like these. We had Whelan and Brunt but they had to go because of our financial problems. When those players left ( as well as McLean and Buugherra) it showed we could never build a team.

And then signing Clarke Potter and Buxton as well as Sflaphorpe's Hinds, it showed that we are a League 1 team unless we have a genius manager.

Got a horrible feeling that the supporters are tumbling to the facts and have lost hope given the awful players they have to watch. Even JJ can hardly trap a ball, cross or shoot reliably. You need to be a martyr to buy a season ticket in this situation. Oonly the fans are putting their money into the club and they have no influence.

Guest totemowl

Is Kivo really Kavan Walker? I have to ask, because we were heading down a one way street with him, with no way out.

You're kidding right? Where the flip are we going to get the money to get anyone decent from what you've cleared out there?

One forward in Nathan Modest... forwards are flipping expensive and if they're not they're just as useless as Sodje or Clarke... who you going to bring in then?

Can't believe you're suggesting we cut our squad to eight players and then try to rebuild from there with no money... ridiculous mate...

Come on then, which of the out of contract players would you keep? Do you think any of them deserve a new contract?

If we recieved bids for Grant (£1m), Spurr (£400k), Tudgay (£500k), Johnson (£700k) and Beevers (£800k), would you reject any of them?

Especially considering the money would be added to the football budget to make up for the shortfall in ST sales.

Guest Blue&WhiteBen

Purse, Beevers, Grant and O'Connor are the ONLY players who can hold their heads high and come out of this cluster f'uck of a season with any credit

i'd go along with that.

JJ has also been good in fits & spurts, so i would spare him from being thrown to the dogs.

everyone else has been completely gonads

I'll give you my appraisal of our squad... NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Hard to stomach but we are the 3rd worst team in the league, only Palace being robbed of 10 points has given us a chance of not being relegated with 3 games to go.

We've blamed money for FAR too long for our position. IMHO that excuse has, this season, filtered into the dressing room and been used by all (top down) to excuse our shambles of a season.

Time to make ALL at the club admit that they have mismanaged the team, mismanaged the money available and given us little more than a hope of seeing CCC football next year.

Give me a team with spirit & guts over this bunch ANY DAY, ask any Sflaphorpe / Barnsley / Doncaster fan.

Bit harsh on JOC, he has had to do the running of two all season and reckon he would be decent in league one with someone who contributes more than a few sideways passes next to him in midfield. Harsh on Miller as well, he has looked good in the few games that he has played though could go the same way as FJ9 with regards to injuries, nowhere near as costly though.

Says alot that JJ gets recognition for being one of our better players as his touch is often very poor and his decision making, crossing and shooting is often found wanting. Grant is a very good shot stopper and is better than league one standard but has been built up to be thought of as better than he actually is due to the poo poo around him. His command of the penalty area is poor and his positioning has cost us points on numerous ocassions, where was he off to for the 2nd goal on Saturday?

Problem with that is.

You'd keep Modest whose just as unproven as Tommy Miller and Boden in a Wednesday shirt.

You think we'll get 400k for Spurr and around a million for Beevers.

Your in a dream world on both counts.

We can't afford to just sling half the squad to one side because they haven't performed this season.

And we're never going to get more for Beevers and Spurr than what we got for Wood. I'd be chuffed with a million for the pair.