Calm down.

There's a lot of anger of these boards this evening.

We now have to look at our situation in the long term. I know its disappointing but we've been here before and will surely rise like a Pheonex from the flames.

It's particulary disappointing as the good work done by people such as Sturrock and Mark Smith have been wasted and also the belief that we were only one season away from the Premiership has evaporated.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing, but I recall scram saying that when appointing a new manager wednesday should be adventurous rather than trying to play safe. He gave examples of how we benefited from the appointment of Jack Charlton and Big Ron. Unfortunately we played safe.

How prophetic those words were.

Leaves me thinking in these days of global football are we to become an Huddersfield, once a giant now a small provincial club.?

Here's hoping for the pheonex.

We now have to look at our situation in the long term. I know its disappointing but we've been here before and will surely rise like a Pheonex from the flames.

It's particulary disappointing as the good work done by people such as Sturrock and Mark Smith have been wasted and also the belief that we were only one season away from the Premiership has evaporated.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing, but I recall scram saying that when appointing a new manager wednesday should be adventurous rather than trying to play safe. He gave examples of how we benefited from the appointment of Jack Charlton and Big Ron. Unfortunately we played safe.

Leaves me thinking in these days of global football are we to become an Huddersfield, once a giant now a small provincial club.?

I fear this.

There's no way we'll win promotion back again, in fact i'd wager we'll be in the bottom half of the League 1 table.

We just haven't got the money to be able to bring quality players in.

In other words, we're fooked.

I fear this.

There's no way we'll win promotion back again, in fact i'd wager we'll be in the bottom half of the League 1 table.

We just haven't got the money to be able to bring quality players in.

In other words, we're fooked.

If you're honestly like this in real life, I'd be surprised if they let you near sharp objects.

Guest DarloOWL1867

I don't know what calm means when it comes to wednesday. We have to hope palace don't get more than 1 point in their last two games. Yeah we play them but we have to win, and with our current group of co@ks i cant see it and the rest of you will feel the same when you think about all the games you have been to this season. We go down and we will be down there for F@@king years. I'm sorry but I've lost all hope. Don't understand the word anymore

I dont think we'll struggle in League one if we end up down there, but I dont think we'd do a Norwich either unless we get a change of character in the squad. We have the chance this summer. I think we'd be in and around 4th-10th if we got the right players in.

Its been a travesty this season, they can never handle expectation, especially after a promising start too. Im not sure we couldve actually got hold of this pied piper character you refer too though there arent many of them around these days! Id say Irvine seemed a solid appointment but has been let down by the players.

Guest IantheEd

Gotta say I'm gutted... I'm keeping the faith we can get a favour from West Brom and then beat Palace to stay up but my god... we don't deserve to.

If it wasn't for Palace going into admin we'd be down by now. I was at Hillsborough in August and I watched us thrash Scunny 4-0 (could've been eight or nine) and headed back to the southern hemisphere a happy man... to watch what has happened over the past few months has been so disheartening. To think teams such as that Scunny rabble, Barnsley, etc, are better than us is just a travesty, but the table doesn't lie. We've been woeful and we'll need to turn things around big time to get over Palace if we have to.

What upsets me the most is of those "big" clubs to plummet from the Premiership to league one (us, City, Forest, Leeds, Leicester, heck, even Norwich!) we're the first to go back there... that's just sad. It's a miserable day for us Wednesdayites, but I, for one, will stick tight, cheer them on against Palace and hopefully get a miracle or get ready to once again support them in League One.

Up the Owls and come on you Baggies!!!

AND YOU SPELL IT PHOENIX YOU flipping FUCKWANKSTAINSHITWANKBASTARDTITWILLY.

Do you still suck your mam's nipple. Is that the best you could do? Pull me up on my spelling. Me thinks you should grow up a little.

Anyway. I take it all back. I wish as fans we got a little more angry and emotional rather than the set of happy clapper, tow the line, believe the spin put out.

I seen clapping seals waiting for a fishy treat put up more of a rebelious show than us.

Roma fans last year were annoyed at the lack of effort and passion shown by the squad. What did they do? What did their fans do? They went to the training ground and forcefully told the squad what they think of them. This season, they are about to be crowned Champions. (I know its an extreme example but I didn't want to use the one shoe car park demo)

We never used to be so flipping placid and accepting. i remember many a protest at the South Stand entrance. It may have not done any good, who knows, but it gave a guage of what the supporters were feeling.

Rant over.

(awaits club apologist for usual poo about why the club is going backwards)

Edited by M Royds

**** off nob

we are down because of a bunch of over paid pr!cks playing for swfc

Guest totemowl

Well summed up Royds.

imo I don't think we're are in danger of becoming an Huddersfield.

A big name appointment could have been great, if there was one that was available. Irvine seems to be more in the Wilko mould, perhaps unsurprisingly. As you've said, next season will be the time to judge him.

Do you still suck your mam's nipple. Is that the best you could do? Pull me up on my spelling. Me thinks you should grow up a little.

Anyway. I take it all back. I wish as fans we got a little more angry and emotional rather than the set of happy clapper, tow the line, believe the spin put out.

I seen clapping seals waiting for a fishy treat put up more of a rebelious show than us.

Roma fans last year were annoyed at the lack of effort and passion shown by the squad. What did they do? What did their fans do? They went to the training ground and forcefully told the squad what they think of them. This season, they are about to be crowned Champions. (I know its an extreme example but I didn't want to use the one shoe car park demo)

We never used to be so flipping placid and accepting. i remember many a protest at the South Stand entrance. It may have not done any good, who knows, but it gave a guage of what the supporters were feeling.

Rant over.

(awaits club apologist for usual poo about why the club is going backwards)

It was a joke you penile wart.