Alan Irvine comments

Guest Sheff Owl

Don't blame AI you bell end!

A man is only as good as his tools and at the moment it is like he is trying to hammer a nail into a wall using a rubber wee wee tail!! ( or 11 of em!)

Blame the team.

That excuse only goes so far. When he had opportunities to bring fresh faces in on loan he decided to waste them on bringing back Varney and extending Soares deal.

Even the money spent on Nolan would have been better spent on a striker.

What a f*cking snore he is - even when the chips are down he could have come on the radio and built up some sort of hope.

Just an awful, awful manager.

Be honest with yourself mate, whatever Irvine decided to say on the radio you'd have said something equally negative about it.

Get a fucking life.

Bloody hell the penny drops, AI has just realised after 23 or so games he has a squad full of cnuts!!!!

I'm pretty sure he knew it within the first few weeks of joining, but there's a limit to how much you can slate players during a season before you start to make things even worse.

That excuse only goes so far. When he had opportunities to bring fresh faces in on loan he decided to waste them on bringing back Varney and extending Soares deal.

lol. What other striker better than Varney (who has been more than decent overall for us) would have come here on an empty budget then?

Even the money spent on Nolan would have been better spent on a striker.

Who would you suggest for right-back then? Your nan?

PS. I hope we can get Nolan in on a perm next season, whichever division we're in. I'd rather play him on the left and Buxton on the right over playing Spurr to be honest.

Edited by Dan™

Or just stop picking them many matches ago if you couldn't trust them to be capable of doing the job.

By continuing to pick them then you are justifying them and can only have yourself to blame if you keep getting let down.

And pick who exactly?

He could only replace lame BL signings who he couldn't trust to do a job with other lame BL signings who he can't trust!!

And pick who exactly?

He could only replace lame BL signings who he couldn't trust to do a job with other lame BL signings who he can't trust!!

Ok, so keep picking them and keep getting let down!

And in picking them what message does that send to the rest of the team?

And use scarce resource wisely - for example, was it right to keep Varney and Soares or bring in a defender when we are terrible up front?

There are several examples of managers out there who have to manage crap, but get them playing well above their abilities and playing with belief.

If every manager who takes over a team with 23 games left and 69 points to play for resigns themselves to picking only the same players as the previous manager was sacked for then it's pretty likely that it's not going to improve. And how great it is to be able to lay all the blame at your predecessor. I guess we'd all like jobs like that.

lol. What other striker better than Varney (who has been more than decent overall for us) would have come here on an empty budget then?

Who would you suggest for right-back then? Your nan?

PS. I hope we can get Nolan in on a perm next season, whichever division we're in. I'd rather play him on the left and Buxton on the right over playing Spurr to be honest.

Overall he hasn't been decent. We have too many strikers (Varney included) who score one or two goals and then go another 8/9/10 games without looking like scoring - which is why we are where we are.

As for right back - Simek could still have done ok.

Buxton is poo poo by the way.

Edited by chirpyowl

Or just stop picking them many matches ago if you couldn't trust them to be capable of doing the job.

By continuing to pick them then you are justifying them and can only have yourself to blame if you keep getting let down.

And put who in Daz?

He is obviously a man who puts faith in 'senior' pros and being new to the club resorted to this. It's not as though our reserves are tearing the pontins league apart, so what we got we stuck with, it is clear that certain players had internally given up on the club.

Overall he hasn't been decent. We have too many strikers (Varney included) who score one or two goals and then go another 8/9/10 games without looking like scoring - which is why we are where we are.

As for right back - Simek could still have done ok.

Buxton is poo poo by the way.

Him at RB and Nolan at LB couldn't have made the defence any worse than it has been with Spurr in it all season

Watching AI's interview on BBC website - he definately states words to the effect of "at at 2-2 we couldn't hold on to what could have been a very important point"

Given that he must have known during or after the game that Watford had won, surely he should have worked out, or being told, that a point was always going to be absolutely naff all use to us.

It also explains why Tudgay and co were celebrating like we'd scored in a comfortable win in mid-season, rather than legging it back with the ball to the centre circle to get more time to score a third.

We never actually got the chance to see whether we would have 'held on' as we let their fella stoll through our entire midfield and defence unchallenged and Grant helped it over the line.

And despite Esajas hitting the post in the dying moments, it didn't really matter anyway unless we'd scored a 4th.

Why are the fans the only ones who actually worked this out?

Can you imagine - if we'd actually hung on at 2-2, would the manager, staff and players looked any more stupid celebrating it as a decent result??

The football is awful to watch under Irvine.

He's had 23 games to turn it around and failed to motivate a bunch of overpaid jokers.

Having said that this was the same team that destroyed scunny at home (could have been 10) and totally outplayed Preston afterwards. The team have it in them to do it but Brian Laws and Alan Irvine failed to motivate them. Scunyy were motivated to beat the same Bristol City side 3-0 that we couldn't beat despite Bristol players lighting up cigars during the game. Mark Robins took over Barnsley when they were adrift in the bottom three and guided an equally moderate bunch of players as ours to safety.

I fail to see what some of you see in Alan Irvine. The football is rancid to watch and he;s just about managed to seal our relegation to league one.

What a f*cking snore he is - even when the chips are down he could have come on the radio and built up some sort of hope.

Hope is what we need right now.......and love sweet love.......and a miracle.

COME ON WEDNESDAY we are not dead and buried yet.

I really can't wait till the end of this season and then i would love Irvine to come out and say a few home truths it's been all nicey nicey, enough is enough....

The minute that final whistle goes on the last day - whatever the League and before the lobbers go on Holiday i would love Irvine to go around the squad in the changing rooms and say who is on the transfer list and who can just flip off!!!

These players have a lot to answer for and why should they get off scott free????

^^^^^^^^^Totally agree with this comment!

Alan's had to massage the shambolic players ego's ever since he arrived at the club to try and make them perform, to be fair to him at least he's tried which is more than can be said for the vast majority, he's not stupid and realises he's had to work with a bunch of talentless,self centred, lazy, throw pots that didn't stand a chance from day 1 of him taking over.

FFS it's really annoyed me to see some comments from people recently lambasting the manager for the players inability's.

I don't give a poo poo now what division we are in next season I just want this squad turned over and a squad of hungry, passionate, players with something to prove coming in and lifting this club again.

The football is awful to watch under Irvine.

He's had 23 games to turn it around and failed to motivate a bunch of overpaid jokers.

Having said that this was the same team that destroyed scunny at home (could have been 10) and totally outplayed Preston afterwards. The team have it in them to do it but Brian Laws and Alan Irvine failed to motivate them. Scunyy were motivated to beat the same Bristol City side 3-0 that we couldn't beat despite Bristol players lighting up cigars during the game. Mark Robins took over Barnsley when they were adrift in the bottom three and guided an equally moderate bunch of players as ours to safety.

I fail to see what some of you see in Alan Irvine. The football is rancid to watch and he;s just about managed to seal our relegation to league one.

BOOM

This, this, this, this, this

The Preston fans were correct all along

"Has favourites who will never be dropped"

"Tactically unimaginative"

"Inability to change games will cost you"

"plays awful, boring, negative football"

If only Lee could have interviewed a few of those fans instead of the dullard Scot

wednesday could do with another 20 thousand fans just like you! do you know anything about football? have a look at irvines stats since he has been at the club, cross reference them with laws'w stats, then come writing your negative nob jockey comments. jesus

wednesday could do with another 20 thousand fans just like you! do you know anything about football? have a look at irvines stats since he has been at the club, cross reference them with laws'w stats, then come writing your negative nob jockey comments. jesus

I did exactly this, 4 or 5 weeks ago and extrapolated out both managers' form over the course of the entire season.

Irvine was ahead.... based on his honeymoon period.

Now, the points per game ratio has slipped very close to that of Laws.

He has had more than enough time to make an impact on this squad

Soares and Nolan, or a dynamic central midfielder and a pacy, instinctive striker ?

We have the players to play, look at the Cardiff at home, Preston at home, Scunny etc etc

So why has Alan failed so miserably ?

I did exactly this, 4 or 5 weeks ago and extrapolated out both managers' form over the course of the entire season.

Soares and Nolan, or a dynamic central midfielder and a pacy, instinctive striker ?

We have the players to play, look at the Cardiff at home, Preston at home, Scunny etc etc

Emporers new clothes - end of.

Off to fetch the Tambourine.

Or, the rope? Deliberate, no smiley - It's that bad.

if i was irvine, soares and clarke would have had there p45 by now, 1 thing i cant understand is why esajas hardly gets a game, but agreed that a striker is definatley needed