Irvine Out

answer the question

If he's no bottle to answer then I'll answer for him.

Footballs about success on the pitch. We are third from bottom with one less game that a club above us that have been ravaged by selling their assets and relying on throwing some juniors in the squad and rely on a manager, Paul heart who has come in to manage a squad he does not know.

So in answer to your question. No, we have most defineitly not progress.

I think we have to be honest here with ourselvs.

Good idea. Let's get a new Manager every four months. Give them no time to build a team of their own.

Being pragmatic, we have no choice, do we.

But, if Mr Irvine said post the Palace game, I have tendered my resignation i.e. I will walk away - would you and others be PMing Mr Strafford telling him - 'you must make him stay'.

Well would you?

Being pragmatic, we have no choice, do we.

But, if Mr Irvine said post the Palace game, I have tendered my resignation i.e. I will walk away - would you and others be PMing Mr Strafford telling him - 'you must make him stay'.

Well would you?

Reading, you went today. How did our fans react to the display? Were we angry or just accepting of what was happening?

Guest totemowl

I would hope that there is a clause in Irvine's contract meaning we can part ways for X amount if we are relegated.

Would have made sense when he was appointed to keep us in this division.

If you go back to the statements by LS, then he is quite clear that Irvine was appointed as the right man for Sheffield Wednesday and was judged as being so, even if we were to get relegated. Ie. it was hoped he'd keep us in this division, but we wanted him anyway.

(waits for posts to the effect that LS daren't sack Irvine, cos of what he said when he appointed him).

If you go back to the statements by LS, then he is quite clear that Irvine was appointed as the right man for Sheffield Wednesday and was judged as being so, even if we were to get relegated. Ie. it was hoped he'd keep us in this division, but we wanted him anyway.

(waits for posts to the effect that LS daren't sack Irvine, cos of what he said when he appointed him).

Maybe that's the case.

I just hope we had the sense to include a clause meaning we could part company if we were relegated.

In our position, I would have thought that I vital clause we would put in any managers contract.

Reading, you went today. How did our fans react to the display? Were we angry or just accepting of what was happening?

Well the first thing was we all stood for all the game! Bloody hell I'll have to go for the Radox.

The flag was there.

The fans sang all the game.

The Cardiff fans were hardly segregated and they gave us some good banter.

The ground was rubbish - undiscernable to Coventry and Reading - We must never leave Hillsborough IMO.

The fans were generally encouraging to be honest. 'Locally', they gave some stick to Soares, Tudguy and Clarke. But it wasn't 'hearable'.

When Tudguy scored he came over to us (and I felt like a right idiot). He seemed passionate TBH (great goal by the way - superb finish; quality)

The fans were fantastic. I have to be honest at the final whistle I left. I can't comment on post match shouts, claps, boos, which players came over etc.

I never heard any booing. Salt of the earth again, as always, which makes me proud culturaly.

They don't deserve us.

Guest wednesday83

In not convinced by Irvine at all at the moment, however hes not had a penny to spend so we should let him rebuild a squad this summer and see if he can get us out of league 1. My main issue with Irvine is he has played the same players week in week out regardless of form and he has not set any of his teams up in the last 10 games or so to win. The last few games have been must win and each time he has been too fucussed on not getting beat rather than winning.

He's got to be given a chance to get rid of the dead wood like Clarke, Spurr, Potter,Tudgay and so on and build his own squad.

Well the first thing was we all stood for all the game! Bloody hell I'll have to go for the Radox.

The flag was there.

The fans sang all the game.

The Cardiff fans were hardly segregated and they gave us some good banter.

The ground was rubbish - undiscernable to Coventry and Reading - We must never leave Hillsborough IMO.

The fans were generally encouraging to be honest. 'Locally', they gave some stick to Soares, Tudguy and Clarke. But it wasn't 'hearable'.

When Tudguy scored he came over to us (and I felt like a right idiot). He seemed passionate TBH (great goal by the way - superb finish; quality)

The fans were fantastic. I have to be honest at the final whistle I left. I can't comment on post match shouts, claps, boos, which players came over etc.

I never heard any booing. Salt of the earth again, as always, which makes me proud culturaly.

They don't deserve us.

Thanks. I do wish our fans would get angry more often. Just to put a bit of fear in the players.

Never heard so much b*llocks in my life. We're a third rate team with third rate players who the current manager inherited. On top of th`at we have no money so come on all yopu smart arses.....who the hell can we get that's better ??????

Anybody judging by the last 11 or 12 results and performances.

Indeed. Just seems to be a sense of apathy in the fanbase at large, and anyone on here who gets angry just gets rounded on more often than not.

Apathy and acceptence is so damaging. It's absolves responsibility and accountability.

Indeed. Just seems to be a sense of apathy in the fanbase at large, and anyone on here who gets angry just gets rounded on more often than not.

To be fair, the fans were great. I think they were hoping (praying for a miracle). Enternal pessimist me knew it was all over at 2-1. But then we scored - so slagging of wouldn't have helped. (although it might have made you feel better).

I thought bloody hell, typical Wednesday, we are going to ****** this. I am an utter nob. Then it was scuppered with the third goal.

Thus, I don't think we (they) were apathetic. They just never stopped hoping and supporting TBH. It was a game, that at the time, regardless of individual performances, we could have got something from. Especially at 2-2.

Esajas looked quite lively when he came on. Should have been on for Soares much, much earlier. Can't work that one out.