Irvine Out

Guest Darkus Owlus

Irvive tightened up a defence that was truly awful to one that although not good, has been somewhat more reliable. We haven't conceded bucketloads recently.

As far as all out attack.....ha,ha,ha.............have you seen our strikers ????? Good idea Dark Owl but sadly we are way short of players who could produce !!!!

:biggrin:

That's why I said "all out attack". Compensate for lack of attacking ability with numbers!

3-2-5 formation - I call it 'Siege Mode'.

Charrrrgeeeeee.

Maybe it's because its basically Laws's team you fool!!!! if you got no money and you got a bunch of useless idiots who cant be arsed then even Alex ferguson couldnt save us. I know you talk poo poo half the time but bloody hell I thought even you would know that,

I'd save your breath mate there's just no educating some people.

I don't think even the best manager in the world could have done better with Mr nice guy's sorry shower of sh**e, its been plainly obvious for month's now that they just don't give a damn about us!!

I must be the only 1 who thought we did well today. We went for it but left ourselves too open, a bit like the Laws days. We need to get rid of the Clarkes, Jeffers, etc but I think Irvine will build a half decent side whatever League we're in. I'm gutted right now because I think Palace wil win Monday night. Esajas played really well today when he came on. I'd start him next sunday if the game matters.

I agree with you mate not sure about Esajas though

What a childish response. We lost away from home having scored two goals and now you decide to post this?

His football style is purely horrible. Before you all start, I know PNE beat us at Hillsborough, but how **** were they on the night, and that same turgid football is repeated here, only without the fortune they enjoyed on that occasion.

He is Peter Eustace, Peter Shreeves and Turner rolled into one.

Cheap option - and it shows.

For those who say he hasn't had very long, neither has the guy at Reading, or the one at Bristol (replaced now by the excellent Coppell).

I've renewed anyway, but if we are relegated there will be an even more deserted stadium, because only mugs like me will pay to watch that ****...

I just had that sinking feeling when I saw Clarke coming on at H-T for JJ. You just knew there and then that we were f**ked. Allowing Brian Laws 3 years to assemble this shower of sh!te as got to go down in our history as one of the biggest b*ll*cks we've ever dropped and let's face it when it comes to dropping b*ll*cks we are f**king premier league. What chance have we got when we are relying on players like Clarke, Potter, O'Connor & Spurr? Simple - No F**king Chance!

I personally think we should judge him when he's actually got some decent, passionate players - not with the tripe he's working with now.

If, as seems likely, we end up in League 1 getting hold of decent, passionate players might just be harder than it has been in the Championship.

I hate clubs making snap judgements about managers after barely allowing them anytime in the job. Sadly though this will inevitably happen with Irvine.

I remember when we sacked Laws there was plenty of talk about his replacement being one of the most important decisions the club has had to make in years.

Well the club chose Irvine and they must now stick by him.

Guest domSWFC

WHY THE **** DID HE TAKE JOHNSON OFF FOR THAT FAT edit?

ESAJAS SHOULD START!

Soares never gets back so Tudgay is dropping back to far and we have nothing to offer upfront!

I don't want to jump on any bandwagons or make any knee-jerk reactions, but my opinion of this whole scenario is this:

When we appointed Alan Irvine, my reaction was "uninspiring".

I felt the appointment was going to be one of the biggest decisions in our recent history, and LS's legacy as chairman would rest upon his decision. I also felt there was a real danger that the cycle of 'appoint a manager, brief upturn, slump back to regularity, trot out the "it's not his team" line, let them rebuild a new team, not much change, sack the manager' that we've been going through for the last decade would continue.

We needed an appointment who would break that cycle. Desperately!! Who was that man...I honestly don't know, but it wasn't for me to find him. It seems though that we're just about to enter the 'let them rebuild a new team' phase with Irvine...

It's certainly not all AI's fault. The players have a hell of a lot to answer for. But AI isn't beyond criticism.

I think he's been too scared to make positive changes earlier in games, and too scared to roll the dice in the latter games of the season when we've just needed a spark...something...anything. I also think we've given nothing but a whimper in our fight to stay up...and that stems right from the top. Of course, i'm not in the dressing room or on the training ground so don't know what he says, but in his interviews with the media i've just not heard a sense of fight and passion come through from him. Maybe i'm being a bit unfair on him, maybe it's the emotion of the moment, but that's just the feeling I get from him.

Do we sack him? No, not for me. It's too late now, it'll cost us too much money (that will go a long way in League One), and whoever comes in is going to have to rebuild a team. We have assets we can sell (i'll be astounded if Grant isn't sold this summer for example), and players out of contract.

The news that an agreement with the loan note holders has been agreed is good news. There is a cancer at this Club, right down to it's core, that has been here for well over a decade. We can only cross our fingers and pray that we see this tumour removed from the Club in the coming months. If we do, the uplift in mood at the Club will be huge IMO.

If we stay up, it'll be a miracle. It's a sad state of affairs when our only hope is that a side who have had 10 points taken off them are going to be as useless, spineless and pitiful as us in the final moments of the season. Whatever happens, we need to sit down and have a thorough dissection of the last 12 months, because something has gone fundamentally wrong somewhere.

Guest becauseofboxingday

The only justifications for keeping Irvine if we go down are the very same ones we said when we kept Turner. It is virtually an identical scenario.

We cannot make the same mistake again.

I do not know how anyone can possibly judge the man when:-

a.) he hasn't had chance to get rid of players he doesn't rate

b.) he hasn't been given the opportunity to sign any of his own players.

He inherited a very poor team that had just 19 points half way through the season. The fact he has even got close shows he has done a half decent job in my opinion.